Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update and extend Conquest Paths

Blog Entries

Default Update and extend Conquest Paths

Conquest is a daily part of life for many of us. So much so that most or all of the current rewards have been unlocked or even purchased already. Many players need more things available, to keep them interested in the feature as a whole. This would also renew interest in Guild Battles for many, considering the total lack of new seasons.

This does not have to be complicated at all. Of course 3rd Tier Conquest Gear would be welcome, but there are plenty of other options available to put into the shop.

Skill points, Hero Crystals, Colored Crystals, Potions for General XP, Refine Crystals, Essence, Chaos Crystals, Free Chest Rolls, Enhance Crystals, and even Hero Promotion Orbs would all be suitable rewards for each Path.

The level of activity needed in both the Paths themselves as well as Guild Battles for the coins to purchase these new additions needs to be balanced carefully for the rewards themselves. The amount of Guild Coins required should reflect the real value of each reward, so I would expect a high amount of Guild Coins required to buy a Hero Promotion Orb, maybe as high as 10,000 coins, at 1000 Mithril Medals or so. With a limit of one Promotion Orb available in each Path, with multiple options of each of the other rewards available at specific intervals.
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 05-25-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    ~VoV~

Great suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    Of course 3rd Tier Conquest Gear would be welcome
    Sure, but please don't lock any new legendary alchemy (who knows, I suppose that could happen one day) behind those. Reaching the last of each Elite gear already takes years.

so I would expect a high amount of Guild Coins required to buy a Hero Promotion Orb, maybe as high as 10,000 coins, at 1000 Mithril Medals or so
    Who the hell has 1000 Mithrils? O.o
    Even in the Conqueror Paths this would take what? 5+ years to reach? (of spending tokens only for this Path)

Edit:

1 Mithril can be earned with a minimum of 60 tokens.
    If you're at Conquest level 100, your token regen rate is 41:05 minutes (I'll use 41 minutes to do the math).

So at the fastest rate (without refills), that's 1 new Mithril earned every 41 hours.
    Getting 1000 Mithrils would require 1708 hours, or 4.68 years

My guess was actually pretty close

So you would need almost 10 years to reach 1000 Mithrils in both the Conqueror and Guardian Paths (if you don't want to spend a fortune on token refills).
    It would probably be even more horrible to reach this amount in the Hunter Path (unless maybe if you're in a top guild as a full LSI build / big spender).
    And I'm not even going to talk about Engineer.

So I did the math because I was curious But I like your idea. It's just that maybe something like 250 Mithrils would be better. Would be relatively horrid to reach this already, in certain Paths.
    Last edited by gogoo; 05-25-2019 at 06:33 PM.

great ideer. but as gogoo says 1000 mithrils is to many.but then again 250 is to low( i will be happy then i will meet the need amount already in 3 of the paths) around 350-500 will be fair.

Blog Entries

So you're saying that extending the Paths to 1000 Mithrils provides 5 years or more of continued daily game play OR possibly encourage spending in order to speed that process up? That's kinda what I'm going for here, but maybe 5 years for a Promotion Orb is too long to wait. So have 2 per Path, at 500 and 1000 Mithrils each?

Can't have Promotion Orbs be watered down handing them out like candy. There are plenty of other possible rewards to add too.
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 05-26-2019 at 01:58 AM.
    ~VoV~

500 is too low.. 1000 is nice. I have 742 mithrils in guardian path at the moment.

So you're saying that extending the Paths to 1000 Mithrils provides 5 years or more of continued daily game play OR possibly encourage spending in order to speed that process up? That's kinda what I'm going for here, but maybe 5 years for a Promotion Orb is too long to wait. So have 2 per Path, at 500 and 1000 Mithrils each?

Can't have Promotion Orbs be watered down handing them out like candy. There are plenty of other possible rewards to add too.
    I think it would be great to have rewards up to 1000+ Mithrils or basically any amount Hero Potions, Essence, SP packs, Crystals...
    But the "unusual" rewards, such as the gear and the Promo Orbs, should not necessarily be the ones that require the most Mithrils. A high amount yes, but there can still be a lot of stuff above that (more SP packs etc.).

One Promo Orb every 300 Mithrils would sound good to me.
    It still takes a huge amount of time to reach 300 Mithrils (I don't have that amount in any Path and I've been playing for years). Several years in each Path. And also, it would require more actual money to speed up the process to get a Promo Orb this way than directly getting one from a promo pack.

Anyway, I don't think the devs are going to make it happen, so I'm really just arguing for the sake of it

Quote Originally Posted by biscuit View Post
    500 is too low.. 1000 is nice. I have 742 mithrils in guardian path at the moment.
    But how long did it take you to reach this huge amount? And maybe you're refilling tokens sometimes as well?

To determine the right amount, I don't think we should consider how many Mithrils we already have and see how long it would take to earn the remaining Mithrils to unlock the Promo Orb.
    We should think about how long it should take from 0 Mithrils to the number required to unlock it.

Otherwise, if I had your amount of Mithrils (762), I'd also say 165 Mithrils to unlock the Elite gear is way too low. And I don't think it's too low.
    But I think the full Elite Hunter gear is more powerful than a Promo Orb. So then what, we should reach 1500 Mithrils to unlock the Elite gear?

As I said, it would take nearly 10 years (without refills) to earn 1000 Mithrils in both the Guardian and Conqueror Paths.
    Doesn't that seem like way too much for two Promo Orbs?

10 years without refil is nothing. think you are looking at about 100 years of hitting monsters to get chromos legendary items. if doing it without refils/fp. just to get something to compare it against :-)

I second the idea, would like to see an extension of this and many other features in CA

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    But how long did it take you to reach this huge amount? And maybe you're refilling tokens sometimes as well?
    No, I do not refill tokens. I'm fair active to drop tokens on LoM and LoE.

10. Default

I was about to suggest this but came across this thread. I'm at 200+ mithrils in all 4 paths and would like a new set of goals to work towards.