Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Max possible Critical Hit Chance - Above 100% in theory!

Default Max possible Critical Hit Chance - Above 100% in theory!

Currently, the way to get the most crit chance from your General Alliance is to use Layla with a crit general.

In theory, if you have an 8* Layla and an 8* Kang, that's what you could get:
    +31.64% crit chance from Kang
    +100% boost from Layla (in theory)

Which would mean a total from your alliance of:
    +63.28% crit chance

To this, you can add the bonus from your equipment (5 Elite Dragonslayer equips) and Chaos Gems (6 Epic and 2 Legendary):
    +38.14%
    (5*2% + 6*3.28% + 2*4.230% --- using the highest Gem values reported on the wiki, but a bit higher values are possible in practice)

And then the base crit chance:
    +10% (from what I've read/heard).

10 + 38.14 + 63.28 = 111.42%

So in theory, one could get a total of 111.42% Critical Hit Chance.
    I suppose Crit Chance must be capped at 100% and anything above that doesn't add anything though? Would be cool to be able to do "double crit hits"

-------------------------------------------------------------
    So anyway, that's in theory. And it's not really realistic.
    So here's a realistic calculation of what would be possible today.

General Alliance:
    Kaiser 8* = +28.64% crit chance
    Layla 5* = +75% boost (probably at least that, and maybe some players already have a 6*?)
    => +50.12%

Equipment & Gems:
    5 Elite Dragonslayer equips + 8 Epic Gems at a very good orange value (10% + 8*3.2%)
    => +35.6%

Base crit:
    => +10%

10 + 35.6 + 50.12 = 95.72%

So I'm sure there are players nowadays who can reach almost 100% Crit Chance if they want to.

one draw back is the base damage done with the alliance, because one of the biggest factors for damage on monsters are general attack/items and with layla leading the alliance think the attack will be low. and hunter gear does also not have high stats.(quick test to show what i mean: have all elite hunter gear on using a 8* L80 balance general to lead alliance. 10 stamina hit does 1,1 mill. know switch to my normal gear in hunter load out and use a 3* L75 aggressiv general(i sadly do not have any 8* L80 aggresiv general) to lead alliance. 10 stamina hit does 1,5 mill.)
    Last edited by hansa; 04-27-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    one draw back is the base damage done with the alliance, because one of the biggest factors for damage on monsters are general attack/items and with layla leading the alliance think the attack will be low.
    Yes definitely. I was just curious about what the highest crit chance achievable could be
    But if you have the money to get a 5 or 6* Layla, you should probably get a 4 or 5* Malekus instead for Monster Hunting

and hunter gear does also not have high stats.
    True, but don't you think the +2% crit makes up for the relatively small loss of stats? I thought it would. I haven't done the math though.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Yes definitely. I was just curious about what the highest crit chance achievable could be
    But if you have the money to get a 5 or 6* Layla, you should probably get a 4 or 5* Malekus instead for Monster Hunting

True, but don't you think the +2% crit makes up for the relatively small loss of stats? I thought it would. I haven't done the math though.
    I did math at one point, and I have pretty good gear mostly best in game at that time.

I used the hunter gear with rare exception.

I used the item with the attack rune, because the rune was worth more than the bonus, and I didn't want to use hunter gear in my defense load (or attack load, back then I had it in the hammer...).

I also had a gem with Gen. Attack boost, or critical strike that also had PvP properties I couldn't pass up.

I vaguely recall each point of general attack being worth 6 points of player attack, and I believe gear counted the same, but I did that a long time ago so I could be completely wrong in my memory.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

malekus is by far the best both for monsters and combat for me(he is the one used in example). will love to 8* him.lol
    but my chest rolling days are over. i spend minimum. untill devs fix the biggest problems ingame(no need to go into what i think those are in this thread :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    I did math at one point, and I have pretty good gear mostly best in game at that time.

I used the hunter gear with rare exception.

I used the item with the attack rune, because the rune was worth more than the bonus, and I didn't want to use hunter gear in my defense load (or attack load, back then I had it in the hammer...).

I also had a gem with Gen. Attack boost, or critical strike that also had PvP properties I couldn't pass up.
    Thx for the insight that's helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    I vaguely recall each point of general attack being worth 6 points of player attack, and I believe gear counted the same, but I did that a long time ago so I could be completely wrong in my memory.
    I know general and equipment stats do indeed count the same.

As far as player attack is concerned though, I think it depends too much on how high it is to begin with to make generalities on how much +1 atk would be worth.

I found this on the wiki:
    https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Ge...onster_Hunting
    Which states:
    Monster hunting depends largely on general size, monster damage, and critical capabilities. For an average toon of significant size (> 1000) these approximate ratios can be used to help figure out the best alliance:

1% critical (e.g. Dolomar) can yield 550 monster damage per stamina
    1% monster damage (barbarus) can yield 488 damage per stamina
    +30 monster hunter (e.g. Sahar) can yield +10.8 damage per stamina
    +1 attack go a general or to equipment can yield +10.4 damage per stamina
    +1 defense on a general or to equipment can yield +3 damage per stamina
    +1 base or IA defense yields NO damage per stamina
    Although I have no idea how that was calculated.

I believe everything is "codependent" and I'm not sure what were the base stats used to make these calculations.

malekus is by far the best both for monsters and combat for me(he is the one used in example). will love to 8* him.lol
    Yeah that would be the dream for sure
    Last edited by gogoo; 04-28-2019 at 11:47 AM.

10 stamina hit does 1,1 mill. know switch to my normal gear in hunter load out and use a 3* L75 aggressiv general(i sadly do not have any 8* L80 aggresiv general) to lead alliance. 10 stamina hit does 1,5 mill.)
    Which monster? is 1.1m normal damage or critical damage?

8. Default

"+30 monster hunter (e.g. Sahar) can yield +10.8 damage per stamina"

So does this mean that I'm best off moving away from Sahar at higher levels and spending crystals on generals that give % benefits or higher base stats? I currently use Dolomar, Barb and Sahar, but this info puts me off throwing more crystals at Sahar.

Sorry for going on a slight tangent, but not worth making a separate thread for this question

quick test to show what i mean: have all elite hunter gear on using a 8* L80 balance general to lead alliance. 10 stamina hit does 1,1 mill. know switch to my normal gear in hunter load out and use a 3* L75 aggressiv general(i sadly do not have any 8* L80 aggresiv general) to lead alliance. 10 stamina hit does 1,5 mill.
    I had not seen your edit before today.

You example makes it look like Aggressive generals are extremely superior to Balanced generals.
    But in your example you're using Malekus which is what actually makes the biggest difference.
    Because a 3* Malekus has better stats than any other 5* Aggressive generals

Aggressive generals are indeed a lot better than Balanced generals for Monster Hunting, but still, at the same level (not 5 levels below) you need at least a 5* version (not 3*) for an Aggressive general to be better than a 8* Balanced general. Maybe you even need a 6*, not 5*.

I would be interested to see what difference your equipment only makes. If you attack both times with the same alliance (the Malekus alliance, since that's what you usually attack with), one time with the hunter gear, and one time with your "normal" gear (best stats I assume).
    And also how much difference in stats there is between the 2 equipment loadouts (if you have the 2 equipment sets in 2 loadouts, you'll be able to check that easily )

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffers View Post
    "+30 monster hunter (e.g. Sahar) can yield +10.8 damage per stamina"

So does this mean that I'm best off moving away from Sahar at higher levels and spending crystals on generals that give % benefits or higher base stats? I currently use Dolomar, Barb and Sahar, but this info puts me off throwing more crystals at Sahar.

Sorry for going on a slight tangent, but not worth making a separate thread for this question
    The first 2 sections of this page will give you all the answers you need: https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Mo...nting_Generals

The short answer is: Sahar's ability becomes almost useless if your own attack stat is high enough already without her boost.
    Last edited by gogoo; 04-29-2019 at 09:31 AM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post

The first 2 sections of this page will give you all the answers you need: https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Mo...nting_Generals

The short answer is: Sahar's ability becomes almost useless if your own attack stat is high enough already without her boost.
    Playing for years and I had no idea. I've just gone through denial, anger, depression and now I'm at acceptance. Better start trying to roll a better general now that the third spot is up for grabs. Thanks for the info.