Thread: is colosseum and mystic emporium killing guilds?

Default is colosseum and mystic emporium killing guilds?

some of the reasons players are a part of a guild is hero crystals/wood/iron.
    now you can get that easyer in colo/ME.
    so beside worms(and if you are in a guild that shares them,you are not likely to ever get those legendary anyway)/orcs(only if you do not have stok of gold drops already) are their anything to keep players in guilds?
    youre battles you can now get in colo.(and her you do not have to worrie about pws/multi account).
    so beside friendships are their now any reasons to be in guilds?
    new battle season are in the CA "coming soon" stat (so a few years away)

Many players haven't finished Conquest Paths I think. Especially the Hunter Path (and the Engineer Path if you actually care about doing it).

Finishing Conqueror and Guardian Paths also take a very long time to finish for a new player (even when you have 20 tokens it takes quite some time).

And most importantly I suppose, Guild Coins. If you want to buy everything that's in the Conquest Path Shop (and other stuff from the Guild/War/Conquest Duel Shop), that will keep you busy forever. Especially if you want to buy all the expensive SP packs.

Though I suppose people who spend very often also get quite a lot of extra GC from promos. But still, are there many people out there who bought everything from the Conquest Path Shop?

oh yes the path. i am a fairly old players so for me those are maxed out and anything wort using gc on in that shop i have. only thing left is expensiv SP. think that is why i forgot the paths :-)
    Last edited by hansa; 04-19-2019 at 11:35 PM.

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

Anything that pushes me to be more active in game also pushes me to be more active in my guild.

I can't say if this applies for other players though.

The extra materials lets me do what I never could do before. Build defenses in LoE and 100v defenses

If you follow Hansa’s advice on Colo (aka the “Hansa” move”), all you are doing is joining the battle without dropping tokens. You get Colo points without much effort.

I don’t see how players following Hansa’s Colo advise will reduce guild activities.

you can now get 20 hero crystals a week in colo (no matter what tactic you use) that is more than you can ever hope to gain by been part of a guild.
    in ME you can with gold get (with just a bit of luck) more iron/wood in a week. than been part of an average guild.
    and white no new seasons looking like it is coming soon, you really have no big use for iron/wood. ( only for path shop if you are not done whit it)
    Last edited by hansa; 04-21-2019 at 06:16 PM.

No, they aren't killing guilds. Ouro, orcs, people stashing guild coins who don't want to sacrifice green/red crystals in alchemy, blue crystals (being in a guild is still the only way to get CREDIT for the blue crystals in campaign as far as I know, when Arena isn't up), conquest paths to who hasn't finished (and to who has finished -> see "stashing guild coins"), hero crystals you don't want to buy from Colo because on Colo you may want to buy TK or Unbind stones, the 2000 defensive victories that you don't want to achieve by cheating, people having more fun with battles than anything else (while Colo being "fun", we could argue on that).

I think almost everyone can find a reason in there to stay in a guild. Surely though I could say... if it wasn't for Mystic Emporium, I would still be there battling every day on tons of guild battles to finish the coins stashing (I always was short on iron even being on a good Mist-lands-average guild). Then I got so much iron I could actually do plenty of alchemies for GC, finished the Emporium, have nothing else useful to buy anymore.
    And with my highest joy, farewell to battles!
    So yeah in summary, mystic killed my battle activity.
    Last edited by Ryugirox; 04-22-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Even the magical world of Valeria has proverbs. Here's a saying:
    5 billion damage a day
    Keeps the bad luck away.

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    you can now get 20 hero crystals a week in colo (no matter what tactic you use) that is more than you can ever hope to gain by been part of a guild.
    in ME you can with gold get (with just a bit of luck) more iron/wood in a week. than been part of an average guild.
    and white no new seasons looking like it is coming soon, you really have no big use for iron/wood. ( only for path shop if you are not done whit it)
    I’ll be honest with you. I am in a Vanguard-ranked guild to get all the goodies: 10% essence bonus, 15% monster damage bonus, LoE every other day (LoE Friendly Fire or LoE Defense), max chance at blue crystal because we are level 24, a chance at Ouroboros gear, powder drops & silver/gold ingots from Orc Hordes etc. Powder drop rates from Tues to Thur isn’t that great.

I really don’t need the wood or iron as I have plenty. We don’t own much land so we don’t have great chances on hero crystals except on Friday & Sat (since I joined in Jan 2019, this guild has not sniped a land and we lose land once in a while — Asker from WoB sniped one of our lands). We typically hold one to two lands because this guild aggressively salvage land for new Explores (akin to drinking from a fire hydrant... an American expression). The pace on LoM is a very punishing— right now, we have two snakes and we get Orc Hordes very frequently (and I am looking forward to my first gold electrum ingots). I am active in LoM hard explores so I can work on my legendary gears.

I forgot to mention this is IMO a guild full of hard-core battlers ... we have high activity (and some players own multiple toons). I am getting about 100 to 120 guild coins per 2-hr battle (I am set in the Wall, MK is in my warrior alliance, and I have 15% extra GC buff from chaos gems). They are highly disciplined and well coordinated battlers.

This is a FB guild so I interact very little with my guild mates. This guild has a ton of rules and three strikes you are out. I follow directions, I follow battle orders, I help zero out towers, etc. Besides following the rules, it only wants 500 BAP a month. So I am purely a “Merc” for this guild.

What I am saying is I get more from this guild than what I can get out of Colo. I try to average 3,000 BAP’s a month because I need the guild coins. I could use hero crystals, but given where am with my generals, hero crystals aren’t helpful unless I also have red & green crystal. I need to level up Hera and since I don’t have 75 green crystals, my hero crystals continue to stockpile.

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    I am sitting on 520 non-alchemized crystals, plus whatever is available in Conquest, all from guild activity. It is a waste to me to use colosseum on any of the crystals
    Chimæra