Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monster Rank Points and Legendary drops

Rats don't have Legendary drops, so does not matter.

112,670,613 dmg, by achieving victory against Phantom of Lightning and earning 37,800 Monster Rank Points!
    210M 15% damage, by achieving victory against Ogrimus, Death Rat Horde and earning 71,400 Monster Rank Points!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Suen View Post
    112,670,613 dmg, by achieving victory against Phantom of Lightning and earning 37,800 Monster Rank Points!
    210M 15% damage, by achieving victory against Ogrimus, Death Rat Horde and earning 71,400 Monster Rank Points!
    Nice, thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Suen View Post
    Rats don't have Legendary drops, so does not matter.
    I know I'm talking about "Legendary drops" in the title, but I think the max Rank Points value tells us the damage we need to deal to have the best chance (usually 100%) at getting the best loot possible.
    For instance for the Rats, to have 100% chance of getting 2 Epic drops.

I saw Barathor's new thread: Help wanted unveiling damage theory

So I decided to post here the data I had already collected on other monsters

The monsters I kill the most are Vargulis, Samael, Cronus Astaroth, Ouroboros, and Orc Horde. So I got quite a few data points on them.

The data I got verifies the theory for all those monsters:

Vargulis - Wiki max loot estimate: 204,310,000 dmg - Max Rank Points: 70,875
    Dmg: 204,182,138 - Monster Rank Points: 68,512
    Dmg: 204,537,255 - Monster Rank Points: 70,875 (max)

Cronus Astaroth - Wiki max loot estimate: 102,000,000 dmg - Max Rank Points: 35,437
    Dmg: 101,882,872 - Monster Rank Points: 34,256
    Dmg: 102,423,815 - Monster Rank Points: 35,437 (max)

Samael - Wiki max loot estimate: 103,700,000 dmg - Max Rank Points: 35,910
    Dmg: 103,625,936 - Monster Rank Points: 34,713
    Dmg: 103,662,536 - Monster Rank Points: 35,910 (max)

Orc Horde - Wiki max loot estimate: 16,840,000 dmg - Max Rank Points: 28,350
    Dmg: 16,755,382 - Monster Rank Points: 26,460
    Dmg: 17,090,195 - Monster Rank Points: 28,350 (max)

Ouroboros - Wiki max loot estimate: 227,110,000 dmg - Max Rank Points: 375,000
    Dmg: 223,688,697 - Monster Rank Points: 362,500
    Dmg: 227,649,174 - Monster Rank Points: 375,000 (max)

I've gotten max loot for all the damages listed above. But when under the Max Rank Points amount, I could have missed the Legendary drop / an epic drop (according to wiki estimates and to this theory. But even when under the max Rank Points threshold, when you're really close to it, the chance to get max loot must be really high.

Also, the Rank Points amounts are "tiered".
    You're going to get the same amount of Rank Points for a certain range of damage.
    For instance, on Samael, I got 33,516 Monster Rank Points both with 95,159,228 dmg and 98,441,354 dmg.

So maybe the chance to get a certain amount of rare / epic / legendary drops is tiered too. Maybe you have the exact same chance to get a certain amount of drops at 95,159,228 dmg and 98,441,354 dmg. And the chance increases at certain damage thresholds, reaching 100% (on most monsters) at the Max Rank Points amount.
    Last edited by gogoo; 06-15-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Problem with this theory is u cant actually know whats your Monster Rank Points until u collect.
    So, u keep hitting based on wiki's dmg thresholds (or until u run out of stam) and maybe go bit over the top for safety.

Academically speaking though, proving it is always nice, for better understanding of CA's mechanisms.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadasmax View Post
    Problem with this theory is u cant actually know whats your Monster Rank Points until u collect.
    So, u keep hitting based on wiki's dmg thresholds (or until u run out of stam) and maybe go bit over the top for safety.

Academically speaking though, proving it is always nice, for better understanding of CA's mechanisms.
    I don't understand what the problem is. Well for now, most monsters have had their max loot threshold determined rather precisely thanks to data provided by players anyway.
    But with this, we can determine it even more precisely.

And imagine a new monster comes out (because why not, right ). Instead of having to wait months or years to get a rather precise max loot threshold based on loot reports, it could be done so much more easily with Rank Points reports.

Ofc it still requires some data collecting before being able to use it. But it would be so much easier still.
    Last edited by gogoo; 06-11-2019 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadasmax View Post
    If it is true that once you reach max points you have 1 legendary guaranteed (for example), instead of keep recording data until the end of days without getting a 100% sure value, we just need to discover the amount of damage that jumps to max points. And we can discover it quite fast.
    Last edited by Barathor; 06-11-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Oh, ok, yes, if u put it this way, never thought of it.
    New monster comes out, less data/time required to determine max dmg required for max loot based on max rank points said monster provides.
    Yeah, it can be useful if that happens.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I just did 103,662,536 dmg (73.3M CP) on a Samael and got max rank points (I edited my post above accordingly).
    At 103,625,936 dmg I didn't get max rank points.

So we have a rather precise threshold here.

The "sad" thing is that on the data spreadsheet for Samael, the highest damage reported without a legendary drop is 103,692,027*dmg.
    So we don't have an exact match here (but above this, the drop rate is 100%).

This may be a mistake though, idk. Or someone who did a lot of healing? Idk if the damage dealt from healing counts towards the drop chance?

It appears no matter how much energy you use and no matter the amount of healing, you always deal around 110+ dmg when healing (so that's super small). At least that's what I've noticed for me (and maybe it doesn't work the same for all mobs?).
    To deal 30k damage just from healing, that would require at least around 5500 energy (about 273 heals using 20 energy), which sounds unlikely.

Though IMO the required damage for max Rank Points is way too close to the empirical required damage to have 100% chance at the max loot for it to be a coincidence.

Edit:
    Regarding the "healing and damage" question, it seems it's just for the mobs which have a "fortify" action instead of the "heal" action (like Varg, Samael...) that the action only adds a very small amount to the damage total.
    For mobs with the regular "heal" action, the whole amount of healing is added to your damage total (from single a test on a Orc Horde). And from what I remember, this amount doesn't count towards the loot thresholds? Is that right?
    Last edited by gogoo; Yesterday at 12:17 PM.