Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legendary weapons only allowing common gems when using the forge.

Default Legendary weapons only allowing common gems when using the forge.

Yippe, I finally was able to use Alchemey to make a Legendary helm. It has 2 slots

Now I want to go into Forge and put 2 gems in the 2 available slots, but it is only giving me the ability to use my common gems.

How can I use my Legendary or even maybe my Epic Gems on my new Legendary helm?

Here is me creating my Legendary Helm.

Here is me trying to forge it but only having Common gems to pick from.

Here's my Epic and Legendary gems that I'd like to use.

Helm of the Dragon-King is not a Legendary item. The Legendary items from big monsters (Astaroth, Vargulis, Samael...) are much harder to get.

For instance, you need 6 Helm of the Dragon-King and 2 Stormscale Chestguard to finally get the Helm of the Dragon-God, which is a Legendary item.

Though there are many Legendary items that are much easier to get if you want to have something to forge your Legendary gem onto:
    Aetherfury, Helm of Zeus, Shalazars Mantle, Gorgon Protector.
    Maybe also Legendary Deathgauntlet & Legendary Deathmantle from the rats.

Also, not all items can use Offensive AND Defensive gems.
    You can check this page: https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Fo...th_Forge_Slots

For instance, helmets can only receive Defensive gems.
    So you won't be able to forge your Offensive Legendary gem on a helmet.

Furthermore, you can only forge 1 of each gem "type" on an item.
    Even if an item has 3 slots, you can only forge 1 Chaos Gem on it. In addition, you will be able to forge an Ingot and an Elemental Gem on it.

What I don't understand though is that you have an Epic Defensive Gem and you should be able to forge it onto your Helm of the Dragon-King.
    But according to your Forge screenshot it doesn't show up when you select the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    What I don't understand though is that you have an Epic Defensive Gem and you should be able to forge it onto your Helm of the Dragon-King.
    But according to your Forge screenshot it doesn't show up when you select the helmet.
    Probably it is already forged onto his gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolver Blast View Post
    Probably it is already forged onto his gear.
    Oh yeah that was a very obvious one thank you haha

You can only forge defensive gems on helmets.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Thank you everyone for the advice. I guess I'll go for an easier Legendary weapon.

How do you tell if an item is legendary or not? It doesn't seem to say anywhere in equipment mouse over.
    I have enough epic gem to make one legendary gem but if i cant forge it onto any of my gear there's no point!

How do you tell if an item is legendary or not? It doesn't seem to say anywhere in equipment mouse over.
    I have enough epic gem to make one legendary gem but if i cant forge it onto any of my gear there's no point!

Quote Originally Posted by Groo the W. View Post
    On web3: Go to Keep -> Alchemy-> Legendary Tab

Look for “MUST OWN (not consume)”

The EFFEN MUST OWN is the gatekeeper to that legendary gear despite owning all the necessary ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    On web3: Go to Keep -> Alchemy-> Legendary Tab

Look for “MUST OWN (not consume)”

The EFFEN MUST OWN is the gatekeeper to that legendary gear despite owning all the necessary ingredients.
    Thanks, Not sure if I have this correct:
    Trident, Fang Glave, Envenomed Glave aren't legendary because they ARe consumed and maw of the void we just don't know either way?
    But elite dragonslayer blade and elite warbringer longblade are elite? because they are NOT consumed? But then genesis sword isnt consumed either!
    or you mean any item that is made from item not consumed is the only Legendaries?
    i.e.
    Unbind Stone
    Glorious Amulet
    Shiny Glove
    Divine Sky Breaker
    Arcane Warbanner
    Maw of the Void
    Elandal Crushers
    Legion Skyhelm 3
    Legion Skyguard 3
    Magmaflame
    Flamebound Destroyer