Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colosseum - 20 weeks have gone by...

To get myself back on topic, I have had ~6 unbind stones, a three star TK and a bunch of yummy SPs, and I am sitting on 10K points to buy more things this week.
    Chimæra

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    Play a class you normally don’t play. Use generals you normally don’t use. Try new things. Read the attack log to see how people put together their toons / alliances, e.g. the Reaper from Chimaera has a nice vamp power.

The only class I don’t play in Diamond is Cleric because I switch from Defensive & Offensive actions and screws up my play style (since time is of the essence to drop tokens). All my other classes are almost always offensive actions (to keep things simple), e.g. remove or reduce health from opponents. My mini’s play Cleric and need specialized loadouts to use DF or use Mass Heal. You can only have 3 “powers” for a loadout and the first one for me is always R4 so with 2 remaining powers per loadout, I need specialized loadouts.

My health rune is too low for mass heal & my Vivian is only at lvl 4. There’s a lvl 1,500 toon called Gentle Giant (who has a buff to boost his/her health rune) that mass heals for over 2,300+ health for the main target (I know this to be true because I read the attack logs). I could see myself being a Cleric using mass heal once my Health Rune is HUGE & I leveled up Vivian. Btw, I currently mass heal for 1K+ health for main target, which is woefully inadequate for my standards.

I don’t care about winning but I do care about having fun. If I am having fun, then spending FP to get a general to 8* makes sense. I didn’t play a lot of Colo in the first three weeks due to roll blacks, etc. I could also see myself having a lot fun by dropping to the Gold rankings.
    In the early weeks I truly enjoyed getting my DF up over 600% and doing def load destruction. I found the 2 tokens at a time offered real strategic value with all the clicking that failed.

My damage is usually more important though and playing W prevents players from losing on me being able to WW off my sides.

In the Gladiator tier all that really seems to happen is teams trading victories.18 minutes into trying to match right now. I'm hardly in a position to wait much longer. There are revisions to do and my non-wall defense is in two weeks.

2300 is a potential game changer for MH.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Quote Originally Posted by thomasj8 View Post
    To get myself back on topic, I have had ~6 unbind stones, a three star TK and a bunch of yummy SPs, and I am sitting on 10K points to buy more things this week.
    I salvaged an awesome rare gem today, debated buying a stone, but decided I didn't care enough.

That said, you're not the only one who has collected Unbind Stones, something I'm missing here? Honest question.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    I salvaged an awesome rare gem today, debated buying a stone, but decided I didn't care enough.

That said, you're not the only one who has collected Unbind Stones, something I'm missing here? Honest question.
    I am not sure what the question is. Is it why I bought the stones instead of the SPs?
    Chimæra

5. Default

I think his question is whether everyone didn't buy unbind stones?

The answer is no. I for one bought a single time keeper and now I'm avoiding the colosseum until such time that Gaea reworks it to actually work properly instead of how it "works" now.

You know.... soon. :P
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    I think his question is whether everyone didn't buy unbind stones?

The answer is no. I for one bought a single time keeper and now I'm avoiding the colosseum until such time that Gaea reworks it to actually work properly instead of how it "works" now.

You know.... soon. :P
    Collecting enough points for the stones is easy for me. I usually have 7200 weekly points on Tuesday, sometimes Wednesday, occasionally on Monday if I do both battle slots that day (which is nice because I can then not do it again until the following Monday).
    Chimæra

7. Default

Collecting enough points for the stones is easy for me. I usually have 7200 weekly points on Tuesday, sometimes Wednesday, occasionally on Monday if I do both battle slots that day (which is nice because I can then not do it again until the following Monday).
    Yeah... the ease by which to get points really isn't what is holding me back from playing this feature. It's the non stop tripping, inability to use my WW, etc. I just can't deal with it so I choose not to. I forced myself to at least get enough points for time keeper to get the health bonus and that's it.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

I am not sure what the question is. Is it why I bought the stones instead of the SPs?
    More like, why collect multiple unbind stones, regardless what the alternative is. I honestly don't get it.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    More like, why collect multiple unbind stones, regardless what the alternative is. I honestly don't get it.
    Well Colosseum may go away at some point in the same way the World Monster went away.

Many players will never get an Unbind Stone from the Phantoms alchemy so stacking a few Unbind Stones seems like a very good idea.

Furthermore, not everyone has plenty of gems.

Personally, since Unbind Stones are now cheap, I'll even use them on Common gems I believe. It's still 1/3rd of a Rare gem and 1/9th of an Epic.
    And definitely on Rare gems. Even if I don't plan on keeping the gem, it's still an ingredient for another gem.
    Better than 5 SPs for me.

Unbind Stone were so expensive before that it was only used for awesome Epic or Legendary gems that you were planning to forge on a new weapon. Now there are other uses.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    ....Unbind Stone were so expensive before that it was only used for awesome Epic or Legendary gems that you were planning to forge on a new weapon. Now there are other uses.
    Yes, an unbind stone is equal to the cost of a chaos campaign, for me that's usually 6 weeks for an epic.
    Also gives you the chance to swap gems around when previously you would either have kept them where initially forged as they were "too good to lose"