Thread: Guild Battle Generals - New wiki article

Talking Guild Battle Generals - New wiki article

Not so well-versed in Guild Battles, I was sometimes wondering which was this or that general I was seeing people had equipped

Ans I was wondering, outside of Class-specific generals, what were all the existing abilities useful in Guild Battles.

So I created this page

--- Guild Battle Generals ---

I also recently updated the Guild Class wiki article as it was missing (among other things) several generals.
    The new article links to sections of the Guild Class article for the Class-specific generals tables.
    Last edited by gogoo; 04-03-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Question

Can someone confirm that this is how Deflect generals work?

When attacked in Guild Battles, reduce the incoming damage by X and deal X damage + Y% of your own Damage Rune to the attacker.

For instance if you have level 4 Daphne (deflect 20 dmg and reflect 10% of your Dmg Rune) and a Damage Rune giving +400 damage, when you're attacked:
    - You take 20 less damage
    - You deal 20 + (10% * 400) = 60 damage to the attacker

Is that right?

you take 60 less damage and reflect those 60 back on attacker.

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    you take 60 less damage and reflect those 60 back on attacker.
    Uh I'm even more confused now lol
    Thanks for answering though

I just hit a few targets in Colo and the 2 lines usually have the same amount:
    PlayerName's hero power: reduced X damage from enemy attack!
    PlayerName deflected X damage that you inflicted back onto you!

Except in 2 cases the damage differed by 1 or 2 dmg, idk why (for instance, dmg reduced by 138, but 140 dmg inflicted back).
    Edit: Actually it seems to happen quite often (difference of 1, 2 or 3 dmg)

But has deflect been changed recently?
    In a post from Elandal I found, he doesn't say deflect works like this:
    http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...33#post3003133

Here's part of his comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elandal View Post
    If defender does not have dmg rune on, reduced and deflected are same amount. If does have dmg rune on, then deflected is bigger (10% of damage rune added to base).
    Damage reduced is the same in both cases. It's the base amount seen in deflect description.
    So he says that with a damage rune on, the defender deals more damage that he reduces damage (he reduces damage by the flat amount but deals the flat amount + 10% of his dmg rune back)

Note:
    Having the Resistance power equipped does not reduce the damage the defender inflicts to you with Deflect.

Edit:

And now I've got this when attacking yet another player:

You lost the battle taking 269.5 total damage and dealing 0 total damage to your rival.
    PlayerXName's hero power: reduced 95.5 damage from enemy attack!
    PlayerXName deflected 147.5 damage that you inflicted back onto you!

So now I'm thinking the other players I've attacked before didn't have their Damage Rune in their defensive loadout.
    And that indeed Deflect:
    - reduces incoming dmg by a flat amount
    - deals damage to the attacker = flat amount + 10% of dmg rune

Otherwise I believe the last example wouldn't be possible?
    Last edited by gogoo; 04-05-2019 at 07:38 PM.

if defender(aka the other player not you) has rune on or not is not a faktor. as it youre damage rune not hes.
    Last edited by hansa; 04-05-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Tora, Daphne, Persephone, even dmg rune boosting generals, all of them affect amount deflected.
    But, yes, defender needs to have dmg rune on to deflect bigger amount than the amount reduced.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadasmax View Post
    Tora, Daphne, Persephone, even dmg rune boosting generals, all of them affect amount deflected.
    But, yes, defender needs to have dmg rune on to deflect bigger amount than the amount reduced.
    Yes that confirms what I've been reading

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    if defender has rune on or not is not a faktor. as it youre damage rune not hes.
    No, it's the defender rune that counts.
    That's why the description of these generals' ability is very misleading. When you hear "deflect", you expect that the defender sends back your own damage to you. But no. It's the defender's rune that counts.

I've read it in several different places on the forums, for instance:
    - Post by Kerowyn: http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...44#post2952644
    - Post by Elandal: http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...33#post3003133

And my testing seems to confirm that the Deflect generals (if you are the defender using them):
    - reduce the damage by a static amount (let's say X)
    - deals damage to the attacker = the same static amount (X) + Y% of your own damage rune (so, the rune of the defender)

So the Deflect ability can indeed be summed up as:

When attacked in Guild Battles, reduce the incoming damage by X and deal X damage + Y% of your own Damage Rune to the attacker.

Unless someone wants to prove me wrong