Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hrothbeort Vampire Lifeleech or how to raise yourself from the dead in Guild Battles

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

I am interested in seeing what Barathor finds when he tests this.

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    Yeah me too.
    It's pretty much my last sliver of hope haha

There might be several logical reasons, if and, why Gaea might have edited or nerfed vamp leech ability from since when it was first discovered.

1) An alliance of different combination for dmg generals + vamp leech + splash heal, might be too powerful or annoying of a skill in battle. It can lead to endless abuse of the skill, with neither sides locking any gate. That was what happening when vamp leech ability was first discovered, and annoyed by many. Requiring all 3 vamp leech generals would mitigate the annoying factor somewhat, b/c not everyone would have all 3 Hrothbeort.

2) By requiring all 3 Hrothbeort in an alliance, Gaea effectively drive anyone who want that skill would need to spin more from Nightfall chest, spend more money on obtain necessary crystals to level all 3 generals up to a useful level. All this, equal to more FPs sale and higher bottom lines for the game makers. After-all, every nerf decision is a business decision.
    Last edited by Dokkōdō; 04-03-2019 at 09:41 PM.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    There might be several logical reasons, if and, why Gaea might have edited or nerfed vamp leech ability from since when it was first discovered.

1) An alliance of different combination for dmg generals + vamp leech + splash heal, might be too powerful or annoying of a skill in battle. It can lead to endless abuse of the skill, with neither sides locking any gate. That was what happening when vamp leech ability was first discovered, and annoyed by many. Requiring all 3 vamp leech generals would mitigate the annoying factor somewhat, b/c not everyone would have all 3 Hrothbeort.

2) By requiring all 3 Hrothbeort in an alliance, Gaea effectively drive anyone who want that skill would need to spin more from Nightfall chest, spend more money on obtain necessary crystals to level all 3 generals up to a useful level. All this, equal to more FPs sale and higher bottom lines for the game makers. After-all, every nerf decision is a business decision.
    1) yes if this was possible. it will be a death sentence on 100 v 100 as it already have been on RGB. ( it is basically impossible to lock a gate in gb now if guilds just put 1 player with the alliance in each gate), and that all high level guilds have done.

2) and yes, think players trying to get all 3 have made it a good business choice.

3) it does have positiv effect: all those guilds using tons off low level alts/mini many off them does not have the alliance �� (as those minis/alts mostly are f2p accounts not spending tons on chest rolls)

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    At this rate it is going to take me ages*, but I promise to share results as soon as I get them.
    *: I am facing pretty easy guilds on classic + 10vs10 and Colosseum battles are too fast. That leaves me only 100vs100 for experiments; I am on Null and I don't know if that might alter the results or not. Besides, my main concern now is to get guild coins so...

This is where I collect data:

I am starting from scratch, giving nothing for granted and testing every combination I am capable of (leech general leading and no other, leech on 2nd, on 3rd, with Vincent, with Astrid, with both, as a rogue, as a mage...).
    As I am playing mostly rogue these days, I will focus on attacks where I succesfully evade as see what I get depending on the other factors (guardian, etc.)

Edit: feel free to suggest any other things I should take notes about.
    Last edited by Barathor; 04-06-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Oh yes I don't doubt that (especially now). I was just explaining my reasoning I had done my research before writing this post ^_^

Anyway, since your first post on this thread I've already edited the first post with: "Apparently now you need the 3 Hrothbeort generals together in your alliance for their power to work while being Stunned, so you can't add another general to the mix."

I'll see if any proof contradicting this comes up, but it does not seem likely now (most players on this thread and in Discord have said they could do it only with all 3 generals).
    I spent a while trying to make it work, despite the ability to do significantly more damage with other generals, it only worked with all three generals for me starting back in Sept. (give or take) and I never tested otherwise since.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    I spent a while trying to make it work, despite the ability to do significantly more damage with other generals, it only worked with all three generals for me starting back in Sept. (give or take) and I never tested otherwise since.
    Wait, you are in WoB. WoB's GM, AskerBomb, in battle chats, have repeatedly condemned anyone from any guild who uses Leech vamp as cheater. He was one of the strong proponent who pushed the devs to ban these generals' ability.

So it is ok for WoB to use Leech Vamp but it is not ok for other guilds to use them?
    Last edited by Dokkōdō; 04-07-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

8. Default

Wait, you are in WoB. WoB's GM, AskerBomb, in battle chats, have repeatedly condemned anyone from any guild who uses Leech vamp as cheater. He was one of the strong proponent who pushed the devs to ban these generals' ability.

So it is ok for WoB to use Leech Vamp but it is not ok for other guilds to use them?
    Asker can condemn anyone he wants. doesn't make it cheating. in fact, do it all the more if he does post that.

and who cares what he thinks? vamp away.

9. Default

You're asking the wrong person your questions.

Clearly Da Wimsta isn't Asker. As such Da Wimsta can't tell you how Asker feels about the matter. If you want to know how Asker feels about this then you should be asking him your questions, not Da Wimsta. Obviously Da Wimsta was able to do some testing, whether Asker approved is irrelevant to the conversation.

This thread started as an educational thread, explaining how to use this technique. Lets not drag it into the gutter by finger pointing at perceived hypocrisy of others please. (This goes for all of you, not just Dokkodo.)

Besides, you are focusing on the wrong thing of that post anyway. Instead of focusing on how or why Da Wimsta was able to test you should note that he literally confirmed what you were saying about needing all three generals. Which as far as thread topic goes is quite an important thing to note.
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 04-07-2019 at 06:18 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

I'm glad you've taken such a keen interest in the policies of WoB, unfortunately I'm unable to address your inquiry.

87. Retired ☠ⓦ☠ⓑ☠ Wim Wall
    [0 pts]

I have not participated in a guild battle in a very long time, sorry I can't be much help with providing you details.

What I can tell you is that I found the Leech/Vamp ability to be curious enough that I tested it.

My alliance has limited functionality.

15% resurrect
    1176 Damage Rune

As a warrior finding a good target (no guardian, etc.) I can get myself back to life in a couple hits.
    As a cleric I have found it much more challenging.

The obvious problem is that you do less damage when stunned, and you're also taking damage with each attack.

If I remember correctly I had an alliance of 7% (or 8% benefit) and I tried to put Mekah and Jera in. More damage being a bigger factor than the % increase, but neither worked, the ability just turned off.

The confidence boost really helps, but the boost will drop after the 1st hit with Vamp.

Combatting Vamp with Daphne and guards is frustrating, I don't know if that is what people are using.

Vamp on a poly target with strong poison may provide maximum leech, but IDK I didn't test with others. Maybe I'll try to test some during coliseum, I could spare a few stars.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta