Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hrothbeort Vampire Lifeleech or how to raise yourself from the dead in Guild Battles

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    Your examples will not work. You need all 3 Hrothbeort generals to vamp successfully. When this trick first started, it used to be that you do not need all 3 but now (for some reasons or changes in CA) you do need all 3.
    Do you (or anyone else for that matter) have any data to support this claim?

I can say with 99% certainty that no changes were made to CA in relation to the vampires. I can say this because if there had been then it would have led to a discussion either here on Discord that would have ended with Ghost confirming whether changes were made. That never happened. Since this is not something that would have gone unnoticed it's safe to say that nothing changed about the code.

Which then makes me wonder why you would see different results. Math wise the examples above are sound. As long as the damage output is high enough then it should be okay to miss one of the vampires. So if you are seeing something else then that could indicate that something is going on that nobody has noticed (yet) and thus never got reported. If that is the case then obviously it should be corrected.

(I should add that my impression from the get go has been that you need all three but math wise that makes no sense.)

As far as Vincent goes, and this is more a comment in general rather than a reply to your post, there does seem to be some interesting behavior there.

If we overlook the obvious fact that Vincent doesn't work in the first slot, he -does- contribute to the total percentage that the first slot general has. So then does that mean that Vincent -could- work in say the third slot position or does the percentage amount that Vincent contributes not apply even though it -is- reflected in the total percentage shown? So if the total was say 6% and Vincent contributes 1% to that, is the actually functional percentage then 5% or is it the full 6% as advertised?

(Gaea really should have "fixed" Vincent after they decided that the other three weren't "broken".)
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 04-02-2019 at 09:01 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    Do you (or anyone else for that matter) have any data to support this claim?

I can say with 99% certainty that no changes were made to CA in relation to the vampires. I can say this because if there had been then it would have led to a discussion either here on Discord that would have ended with Ghost confirming whether changes were made. That never happened. Since this is not something that would have gone unnoticed it's safe to say that nothing changed about the code.

Which then makes me wonder why you would see different results. Math wise the examples above are sound. As long as the damage output is high enough then it should be okay to miss one of the vampires. So if you are seeing something else then that could indicate that something is going on that nobody has noticed (yet) and thus never got reported. If that is the case then obviously it should be corrected.

(I should add that my impression from the get go has been that you need all three but math wise that makes no sense.)

As far as Vincent goes, and this is more a comment in general rather than a reply to your post, there does seem to be some interesting behavior there.

If we overlook the obvious fact that Vincent doesn't work in the first slot, he -does- contribute to the total percentage that the first slot general has. So then does that mean that Vincent -could- work in say the third slot position or does the percentage amount that Vincent contributes not apply even though it -is- reflected in the total percentage shown? So if the total was say 6% and Vincent contributes 1% to that, is the actually functional percentage then 5% or is it the full 6% as advertised?

(Gaea really should have "fixed" Vincent after they decided that the other three weren't "broken".)
    you cannot vamp from 0 without all the familie (king and the two ladys),i have tryed this and i do have a high damage output(will love for it to work with meekah in the alliance,as it reset confidence without him in it after first hit)

+180 to health from vamp from 0/ replaced 1 lady with meekah got my-self 0 again. hit and +0 to health hitting this line "The vampire power heals for xxx health" does not even show up if you not have all the familie in the alliance.wenn hitting from 0
    Last edited by hansa; 04-02-2019 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Oh right, forgot about that, that's indeed a very good buff to have!

Edit: Though I imagine the +40% dmg would only work at 0 Health, so only for your first hit?
    It will works if you are stunned. http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...highlight=vamp

Quote Originally Posted by biscuit View Post
    In 10v and 100v as long as you're under 200 HP you're Stunned?
    While in GB and Colo you're Stunned only at 0 HP?

Also, from the 5th post in the thread you linked, doesn't it look like Batw had Meekah while healing himself for 133 HP?
    Or is this: "With my confidence max out, it added 896 dmg so about 358 dmg (of the 670 Zomify buff) is tied to me being a warrior" possible without Meekah?

Yeah that's what really bugs me lol. It makes no sense at all. Same for Vincent ability, as you described.

Oh
    I took my info there: http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...51#post3022551
    And now that I'm reading it again you were already questioning it on this thread. And graeme as well.
    But you weren't sure while there were 2 people confidently saying it was working.

Anyway, I'll edit my post
    The only thread link you referenced was a long time ago. When Vamp ability was first discover by several guilds, and make its way around FB chat, I tried it out myself with less than 3 vamps in alliance: Jera, King.H, a piercing general. That combination did worked. Also, I know at least one guild, whom we often match, and that guild has several people who have very well developed and level up King.H vamp. They share with me initially on how to use vamp in battle, and the combination in alliance also does not have all 3 vamps.

At that time, there were a lot of noises from several top well known guilds complaining and accusing anyone for using Vamp ability as cheating. They were quite vocal about it in battle chat sometime and also brought this dispute to the devs team.

Finally, when G.B. replied to everyone in official post that Vamp ability was indeed working as intended, there was still some grumbles, at least from one well known guild and their GM. I do not know if they pressure or make more noises to the devs to nerf the vamp alliance ability or not. However, the combination I described above, did not work soon after, nor any combination that does not have all 3 Vamps. I can attest to this b/c I have use Vamp before and after CA devs team gave official sanction of its ability.

Our guild rarely use vamp in battle, except in a very rare case. It is a lot of works and preparation, pain the a$$ really. Beside, after sometime, other guilds will know your style and will fuse the usual suspect anyway.

***As I am typing this, I now see Hansa also posted that he too can not get vamp to work unless the alliance has all 3.
    Last edited by Dokkōdō; 04-03-2019 at 12:58 AM.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

7. Default

Yeah that's what really bugs me lol. It makes no sense at all. Same for Vincent ability, as you described.
    You know. I have been wondering since my last post whether the ability to heal when stunned is actually some sort of special ability that was intended to be unlocked when you combine the entire family but somehow didn't get advertised.

From what is being posted I'm getting the impression that one or two of them are like Vincent, they won't work. But all three combined reportedly does work. That also fits in with Dokkodo's post. If Gaea had looked at this and determined that the "special ability" wasn't working right then they might have "fixed" that when they were looking at it. That would explain both why nobody ever mentioned it (too soon for anyone to really know what was and wasn't intended) and why Dokkodo experienced the change in functionality. It does -not- however explain why it was never advertised if this is indeed some special ability.

Of course if it -is- a special ability then I have to say that I do like to concept of having abilities given for certain combination of generals and maybe that could have been used more to encourage people to try different general combinations.

At that time, there were a lot of noises from several top well known guilds complaining and accusing anyone for using Vamp ability as cheating. They were quite vocal about it in battle chat sometime and also brought this dispute to the devs team.
    Quite understandable though. At the time Vincent's behavior was assumed to be the correct behavior since Vincent came before the other three and has the exact same ability. Naturally people assumed that the ability for the new generals was broken and was being abused. Even after Gaea announced that it was working as intended people (including myself) were not at all convinced that Gaea had actually looked at this given how quickly they got back to us and where able to tell us what the old devs had intended in this regard. To be completely honest, unless this is in fact some special ability as I described above then I'm still not convinced that the current behavior is intended. Sadly I don't think we'll ever know what Kabam actually intended and we'll have to live with the fact that this is what we got. (Which is also why you don't see me complaining about how it works.)
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

The only thread link you referenced was a long time ago.

[...]

Finally, when G.B. replied to everyone in official post that Vamp ability was indeed working as intended, there was still some grumbles, at least from one well known guild and their GM. I do not know if they pressure or make more noises to the devs to nerf the vamp alliance ability or not. However, the combination I described above, did not work soon after, nor any combination that does not have all 3 Vamps. I can attest to this b/c I have use Vamp before and after CA devs team gave official sanction of its ability.
    The thread I linked is only 1 year old (March 2018) so I thought it wasn't really old considering the Nightfall chest had been out since June 2016 (almost 2 years earlier), and the company had changed since then and from what I had read everywhere Gaea pretty much "wasn't able" to change anything from the old devs so I assumed they wouldn't have changed this ability.

Especially since Ghost Brotocol confirmed the ability was working as intended, as you mentioned: http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...-Leech-Ability (December 2017).
    That implied they had no reason to work on the ability to "fix" it since it was intended... So it's weird that they decided to change the mechanics after all

You know. I have been wondering since my last post whether the ability to heal when stunned is actually some sort of special ability that was intended to be unlocked when you combine the entire family but somehow didn't get advertised.

[...]

Of course if it -is- a special ability then I have to say that I do like to concept of having abilities given for certain combination of generals and maybe that could have been used more to encourage people to try different general combinations.
    I like this idea as well! If it had been advertised...
    Last edited by gogoo; 04-03-2019 at 10:51 AM.

The thread I linked is only 1 year old (March 2018) so I thought it wasn't really old considering the Nightfall chest had been out since June 2016 (almost 2 years earlier), and the company had changed since then and from what I had read everywhere Gaea pretty much "wasn't able" to change anything from the old devs so I assumed they wouldn't have changed this ability.

Especially since Ghost Brotocol confirmed the ability was working as intended, as you mentioned: http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...-Leech-Ability (December 2017).
    That implied they had no reason to work on the ability to "fix" it since it was intended... So it's weird that they decided to change the mechanics after all

I like this idea as well! If it had been advertised...

Gaea has made changes and improvement since they took over, but not all changes are necessary or were communicated. Some changes might be too small or obscure, esp if you do not involved all aspects of the game often.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Gaea has made changes and improvement since they took over, but not all changes are necessary or were communicated. Some changes might be too small or obscure, esp if you do not involved all aspects of the game often.
    Oh yes I don't doubt that (especially now). I was just explaining my reasoning I had done my research before writing this post ^_^

Anyway, since your first post on this thread I've already edited the first post with: "Apparently now you need the 3 Hrothbeort generals together in your alliance for their power to work while being Stunned, so you can't add another general to the mix."

I'll see if any proof contradicting this comes up, but it does not seem likely now (most players on this thread and in Discord have said they could do it only with all 3 generals).