Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hrothbeort Vampire Lifeleech or how to raise yourself from the dead in Guild Battles

Default Hrothbeort Vampire Lifeleech or how to raise yourself from the dead in Guild Battles

It's been a known fact for quite some time now that you can recover from the Stunned state on your own in Guild Battles thanks to the Hrothbeort general.

If a whole gate was stunned and suddenly it's back to life, that's how. Someone in the gate rez'd / healed himself thanks to the Hrothbeort generals ability and then Mass Heal would be used on him. Or if he was a Cleric himself, he could revive the whole gate on his own.

So how can you make this work exactly?

The Hrothbeort ability is: +X% of Damage to Heal yourself on Victory

Vincent also shares this ability with them, but according to reports, with him the ability isn't working when you're stunned.

So basically, the more damage you deal, the more Health you get back.

Now the issue is that when hitting someone, even on a Victory, you take some damage: 70 to 90 damage to be precise. With the Resistance Power, that's reduced to 30 to 50 damage.

Thus, in order to outweigh this damage and actually heal yourself for a positive amount with the Hrothbeorts' ability, you need to get more than 40 Health back on Victory on average. And to get back to 200+ Health with a reasonable amount of tokens, you need much more than this. For instance, if you heal for 90-100 HP with 1 token, you'll need at least 4 tokens to reach 200+ HP.

Reaching those amounts can be very hard, since when you're Stunned you usually lose at least half your usual damage output, depending on your Class and Powers.

Let's say you rolled the 3 Hrothbeort generals from the Nightfall Chest and you decide to invest in them to be able to pull this trick off.

How much damage would you need to deal in order to effectively rez yourself?

Here's an example to give you an idea.

Let's say you level all 3 generals to level 54 (unpromoted).

The alliance would give you about +15.75% of Damage to Heal yourself on Victory.

To heal yourself for 90 HP with this alliance, you'd need to deal 527 damage while being stunned.
    (90 / 0.1575 = 571.4 damage)

Without any buff, that would require you to be able to deal 1144 damage (from base dmg which is 130-170, + Rune dmg) while alive.
    And you would be able to rez yourself in around 4 tokens.

Now ofc maybe this alliance isn't the best for you. If you have a high level and promoted Jera for instance, it's probably better to use her in your alliance instead of a 3rd Hrothbeort general, as the extra damage you'll deal will probably bring you more Health in the end. And it's just an example.
    Edit: Apparently now you need the 3 Hrothbeort generals together in your alliance for their power to work while being Stunned, so you can't add another general to the mix.

Which Guild Class is the best (= easiest) to rez yourself with Lifeleech?

First, not all Guild Battles work the same when under 200 HP, and it has its importance here.
    In all cases, when at 0 HP, your class passive ability won't work.
    But starting from 1HP, they work again in Classic GB and in Colosseum. While in 10v10 and 100v100, they start working again only at 200+ HP.

So which class is the best? We could probably order them like this:
    1) Warrior
    2) Cleric
    3) Rogue
    4) Mage

The reason is that Warriors can get big damage bonuses even when stunned.
    And in Classic (and Colosseum), Clerics only need to recover 1+ HP before their passive can kick in again and heal everyone (including themselves) for 100+ HP with a good Health Rune and good generals. So they may even be better than Warriors in those specific battles (I guess it depends on your damage rune, your class powers and generals).

For a more detailed answer, let's take a look at each class.

When you're stunned, you lose access to any active Power (such as Polymorph, Poison, Whirlwind...) but your passive Powers can keep their effect.

Passive Class Powers which can help to rez yourself:
    - Warrior: Confidence + Leadership/Shout
    - Rogue: Backstab/Ambush (requires a full Health target), Evade
    - Mage: /
    - Cleric: /

As a Warrior, you don't even need a huge Damage Rune to make it work.
    Warriors can get a huge damage boost from Confidence and Meekah even when stunned (its bonus damage isn't even halved I believe), and another damage bonus on top thanks to Leadership (is this bonus damage halved?).
    So your general alliance would be Meekah + 2 Hrothbeort generals, or maybe Meekah + Jera + 1 Hrothbeort? Haven't done the math.
    Edit: Apparently now you need the 3 Hrothbeort generals together in your alliance for their power to work while being Stunned, so you can't add another general to the mix.

Rogue's Backstab relies on having full Health targets to hit (and is thus not reliable at all). A very high Evade chance would probably help as well, getting more health back when taking 0 damage. But it's not ideal unless your Evade chance is really huge I suppose.

Clerics and Mages have no passive Class Powers to help.

However as mentioned, Clerics passive ability will be very useful in Classic (and Colosseum). In the same way, Rogues passive ability will help a bit in Classic and Colosseum by providing an additional 200 damage (max) when having at least 1 HP, helping to get a little more Health back.

Now all of this assumed you were trying to rez yourself on your own, with no outside help.
    But your teammates can indeed help you.

Buffs & Debuffs from teammates (or yourself before you got stunned) that can help deal more damage / take less damage while attacking:
    - Warrior: Sentinel/Guardian (cast on you before you died), Leadership
    - Rogue: Smoke Bomb, Poison
    - Mage: Polymorph, Mana Shield?
    - Cleric: /
    - Other: Zombify (from Saya the Undying) --> deal +40% dmg while being Stunned.

Ofc, attacking a Poisoned + Polymorphed target while having Sentinel and Leadership from your teammates is a very good setup.

Poison and Leadership help you deal more damage. Zombify as well, but only for your first hit I assume - you lose the bonus dmg when you're not Stunned anymore.
    Attacking a Polymorphed target will make you take 0 damage. And Sentinel will make you take less damage (so using both Sentinel + Poly is useless).

I suppose Smoke Bomb may help but it requires luck. And maybe Mana Shield can have some very limited use if you cast it on yourself just before you go under 200 HP?

Conclusion:
    Warrior is the easiest class to rez yourself with no help.
    Otherwise, you need a huge Damage Rune to raise yourself from the dead.
    However, with the help of your teammates, you can potentially rather easily rez yourself with other Classes, especially in Classic GB and Colosseum.
    And if you can rez yourself as a Cleric, it's easier to rez your full gate afterwards!
    Last edited by gogoo; 04-02-2019 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Now ofc maybe this alliance isn't the best for you. If you have a high level and promoted Jera for instance, it's probably better to use her in your alliance instead of a 3rd Hrothbeort general, as the extra damage you'll deal will probably bring you more Health in the end. And it's just an example....

...So your general alliance would be Meekah + 2 Hrothbeort generals, or maybe Meekah + Jera + 1 Hrothbeort? Haven't done the math...
    Your examples will not work. You need all 3 Hrothbeort generals to vamp successfully. When this trick first started, it used to be that you do not need all 3 but now (for some reasons or changes in CA) you do need all 3.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

In practise, the best class to use vamp res is cleric as you can instantly revive the gate by splash heal, and can't self stun as long as you keep winning.
    I agree warriors huge dmg makes a res easier, but a warrior on a few hundred hp after res is only good as a target for healing and soon gets taken down.
    Cleric can easily get 200 dmg on a poisoned target, then 9 tokens to splash heal whole gate to 1000+ health ~ can be done in 30 seconds or less, then warriors waiting with guardian can protect the gate.
    Works well in end game, but any savvy enemy won't let it happen twice so don't go to soon

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Σ View Post
    Can we use two and Vincent?
    Vincent does not work, despite its description.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

One thing needs mention along with OP. Saya the Undying for zombify buff to deal more damage while stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    Your examples will not work. You need all 3 Hrothbeort generals to vamp successfully. When this trick first started, it used to be that you do not need all 3 but now (for some reasons or changes in CA) you do need all 3.
    Oh
    I took my info there: http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...51#post3022551
    And now that I'm reading it again you were already questioning it on this thread. And graeme as well.
    But you weren't sure while there were 2 people confidently saying it was working.

Anyway, I'll edit my post

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    In practise, the best class to use vamp res is cleric as you can instantly revive the gate by splash heal, and can't self stun as long as you keep winning.
    I agree warriors huge dmg makes a res easier, but a warrior on a few hundred hp after res is only good as a target for healing and soon gets taken down.
    Cleric can easily get 200 dmg on a poisoned target, then 9 tokens to splash heal whole gate to 1000+ health ~ can be done in 30 seconds or less, then warriors waiting with guardian can protect the gate.
    I probably should have said "the easiest class" and not "the best class"

As this "trick" isn't easy to pull off, I wanted to show with which class you could do it the most easily.

But indeed if you can pull it off as a Cleric, on your own or with the help of your teammates, it's a lot better!

Although you could put 1 or 2 active Clerics next to a Warrior who can do the trick, and after 1 or 2 Mass Heals you're good to go as well ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    Works well in end game, but any savvy enemy won't let it happen twice so don't go to soon
    That's good advice

Quote Originally Posted by biscuit View Post
    One thing needs mention along with OP. Saya the Undying for zombify buff to deal more damage while stunned.
    Oh right, forgot about that, that's indeed a very good buff to have!

Edit: Though I imagine the +40% dmg would only work at 0 Health, so only for your first hit?
    Last edited by gogoo; 04-02-2019 at 08:39 PM.

I still have to test several scenarios, but I am positive it works with just one leech general. I've been revived from 0 and I only own Astrid (I also have Vincent but it wasn't part of the alliance).
    Let's see if I happen to do it again and can describe guild powers and generals involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    I still have to test several scenarios, but I am positive it works with just one leech general. I've been revived from 0 and I only own Astrid (I also have Vincent but it wasn't part of the alliance).
    Let's see if I happen to do it again and can describe guild powers and generals involved.
    Nice! Would be awesome