Thread: LoM question

1. Default LoM question

Does anybody know how much time before LoM goes to defend before your class gets locked in?

Class locks as soon as anyone (friend or foe) enters that LoM, AFTER it goes into defense, not before.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Blog Entries

Just to expand in more detail on Fadasmax's excellent answer, Mist lands do NOT lock when they go from Protected to Battle.

Instead, someone has explicitly see the defenders with their Mist-enhanced health values after the land changes to Battle mode in order to lock the land.

The normal human reaction is to keep refreshing the Mist page with the list of all the lands until they see Protected change to Battle, and then they assume that the land is locked, so they change loadouts before going into the land because in many instances elsewhere, that saves a click on the refresh. But that's not the way the game works.

Tell your guild members to stay in their Mist class until after they see all the defenders in their Mist-enhanced values. Then they can change loadouts. From there, some might have to refresh the land again to see the right abilities if their health loadout doesn't have the same abilities as their defensive action loadout.

Class change example:

* Ready loadout is rogue with health general and resist, evade, and smoke bomb.
    * Dfend loadout is cleric class, but it has the best defensive equipment.

1. Set to Ready while land is Protected.
    2. When land changes to Battle, be sure to stay in Ready and then click into the land. This locks the land.
    3. Then, after looking at the defenders, change to Dfend loadout to get the equipment boost when casting smoke bomb.

Ability-only change example:

* Ready loadout is cleric with health general and resist, might, and divine favor. (Note that there's no room for heal, dispel, resurrect, or any other defensive actions.)
    * Dfend loadout is cleric with heal, dispel, and resurrect and the best defensive equipment.

1. Set to Ready while land is Protected.
    2. When land changes to Battle, be sure to stay in Ready and then click into the land. This locks the land.
    3. Then, after looking at the defenders, change to Dfend loadout.
    4. Note that there will be no defensive actions available even after changing the loadout.
    5. This requires clicking on the Defenders button to refresh the page and get defensive actions.

This is why some people develop a natural instinct to want to change to their Dfend loadouts before entering the land.

Also, there are bugs and weird interactions with certain abilities that can reduce health, like casting Fortify on defenders can change their health for the worse, not better, especially trying to Fortify warriors who use Oberon only when locking. But that shouldn't affect class. Class should be locked after someone sees all the defenders with their Mist-enhanced health.
    Just another Castle Age player
    army code: D422AE

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

So complicated. I just equip def loadout and hope for the best :P

Probably helps that all my other loadouts(for pvp, monsters , etc ), are all cleric class too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    So complicated.
    You say "complicated", I say "fun".

It sounds boring to always be cleric, not to mention less rewarding. Campaign, guild achievements, and even getting random class-specific generals from certain chests all encourage trying different classes.
    Just another Castle Age player
    army code: D422AE

6. Default

Thanks I will try that when our land goes to defend this next time. I know with 100vs100 it locks your class and extra health general 10 minutes before the battle. So that’s what I was trying with LoM and it didn’t work.

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    You say "complicated", I say "fun".

It sounds boring to always be cleric, not to mention less rewarding. Campaign, guild achievements, and even getting random class-specific generals from certain chests all encourage trying different classes.
    I do campaign tasks, as long as they aren't for evade... but otherwise I like playing cleric. Not playing cleric and wishing I could heal someone is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    I do campaign tasks, as long as they aren't for evade...
    Evade as well as other class skills can be done super fast now with Colosseum.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

This ^^ I got whirlwind and evade done in a flash