Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any reason to use the Rogue class over the Warrior class?

Blog Entries

Rogue is too thinky for me. In 100v I'm in the keep anyway, so Evade would be an absolute last resort.

I honestly love Colloseum, being able to hit max Confidence in the first round of tokens. For guild battles, I can also manage my health by throwing some Sentinels around early on, then switch to a Butcher alliance for added damage.

It seems like Rogues could make use of Butcher as well though.
    ~VoV~

Blog Entries

The generals in Annihilator are the easiest/cheapest to promote, since the Abilities in the chest still give refunds once you have them.
    ~VoV~

3. Default

I think Rogue is a lot of fun. I have Aethyx / Jessika/ Dominus alliance that works great at the start of battles. I can splash a whole wall sometimes with poison, and it does extra damage to players in full health. (Some 10's I can splash the wall in 3-4 hits.) Later in battles, I can support the bigger players in my guild by removing tokens by intimidating, and splashing poison onto bigger toons that I can't reach. I have Intimidate on a loadout without damage rune for farming. In some 10s, I can get 14 tokens off on the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    The generals in Annihilator are the easiest/cheapest to promote, since the Abilities in the chest still give refunds once you have them.
    - Are you sure this is still true? When was the last time you roll Annihilator chest? I roll that recently for Raziel and did not get refund for certain skill I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Unless Intimidate can give more than 270 pts? I thought that's what I was always getting but I've only been using it in Colosseum so haven't paid close attention.

Intimidate does not give you 135 pts. It gives you the same amount of pts as normal hit or special skill hits, 160, 200, 240.

Rogue, with the right build, generals combination, gears and chaos gems, can be almost on par with Warrior. While it is true that Warrior class can be expensive to build, Rogue can also be expensive to build if you wish to be the best rogue. That would require you to have 6* to 8* for the following generals: Aethyx, Jezzale (or Raziel 3* would do), Jessika 3-4* would be ok, Petrus 5* or higher, Jera for dmg (optional); Burritos' legendary gears, Legendary chaos gems with evade.

There was a good rogue in Chimera who posted some discussion about rogue class and its usefulness a few years back. You can search the forum for it. I am terrible at forum search function.

I play mainly as anchor cleric b/c that is what my guild need. I gave up on mage class many years ago when I was in REDs and was told by the GM that I can not play that class and must play as cleric instead. (That is one thing I hate being in top guilds, you are basically told to play certain class or else you are not useful; may be that has change since the game is now stale and not many left for them to recruit and be picky). Ever since then, all my generals and skills for mage have been on the shelf. Even after I left REDs, I continue to develop my toon as a cleric build b/c by then I invested too much into cleric build.

Rogue is my second class that I play from time to time for fun and for farming in RGB. A powerful rogue, not one of those mini rogue that is for removing buff only, can be very useful and strategic in battle. Poison splash is just as bad and as annoying as Sunder splash from Amon. Poison splash + length of duration, from a rogue with Buritos's legendary gears + 6* to 8* Aethyx combination can add up almost as much dmg from a warrior WW. A high poison spell caster can counter the health tanks guardian.

Overall, CA game is not always perfectly balance in all aspects of the game, but it does fair job as each class counter one another.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    Rogue is too thinky for me. In 100v I'm in the keep anyway, so Evade would be an absolute last resort.

I honestly love Colloseum, being able to hit max Confidence in the first round of tokens. For guild battles, I can also manage my health by throwing some Sentinels around early on, then switch to a Butcher alliance for added damage.

It seems like Rogues could make use of Butcher as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by miketropolis View Post
    I think Rogue is a lot of fun. I have Aethyx / Jessika/ Dominus alliance that works great at the start of battles. I can splash a whole wall sometimes with poison, and it does extra damage to players in full health. (Some 10's I can splash the wall in 3-4 hits.) Later in battles, I can support the bigger players in my guild by removing tokens by intimidating, and splashing poison onto bigger toons that I can't reach. I have Intimidate on a loadout without damage rune for farming. In some 10s, I can get 14 tokens off on the first round.
    Thanks for your input guys!

I did roll Jessika (once) and Dominus (twice). And I think even unpromoted Jessika can be useful. Splashing Poison does seem fun :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    Intimidate does not give you 135 pts. It gives you the same amount of pts as normal hit or special skill hits, 160, 200, 240.
    So Intimidate gives up to 480 pts on hit? Since it uses 2 tokens. I'm sure I've never seen 400+ pts, but I've only ever used it in Colosseum, maybe it doesn't work the same there?
    I'll try to check again. In Colo and GB.

Edit: I was wrong. It did give me +400 pts on victory. Idk what I had been smoking.

All I could find on the wiki was this:
    https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Gu...ctivity_Points

But it doesn't specifically mention powers which use 2 tokens. Are the activity points supposed to be always doubled?

Rogue, with the right build, generals combination, gears and chaos gems, can be almost on par with Warrior. While it is true that Warrior class can be expensive to build, Rogue can also be expensive to build if you wish to be the best rogue. That would require you to have 6* to 8* for the following generals: Aethyx, Jezzale (or Raziel 3* would do), Jessika 3-4* would be ok, Petrus 5* or higher, Jera for dmg (optional); Burritos' legendary gears, Legendary chaos gems with evade.
    Yes that's definitely too expensive for me
    I may purchase and promote Aethyx and Jezzale to 5*, but my Jessika will probably remain at 1* (unless I get lucky another time). I don't think I'll invest in Petrus, at least for now. I should have him at 2* soon though.

And I'll probably be stuck forever with Deianira for dmg.
    Btw, would you recommend investing in Deshara? I suppose once Poison has been set, using Aethyx and Jessika is useless until next time you need to Poison?

And I'll never get Ouro's legendary gear

There was a good rogue in Chimera who posted some discussion about rogue class and its usefulness a few years back. You can search the forum for it. I am terrible at forum search function.
    Maybe that's the post you're referring to? http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...11#post3003111

By reading it I see that Deshara apparently sucks lol

Btw if you don't like the forum search function (which can have its interest though), you can use google with the "site" function:
    site:castleageforums.com keywords
    That will only return results from the forums.

b/c by then I invested too much into cleric build.
    Yeah that's why I want to choose the "right" class from the start

Rogue is my second class that I play from time to time for fun and for farming in RGB. A powerful rogue, not one of those mini rogue that is for removing buff only, can be very useful and strategic in battle. Poison splash is just as bad and as annoying as Sunder splash from Amon. Poison splash + length of duration, from a rogue with Buritos's legendary gears + 6* to 8* Aethyx combination can add up almost as much dmg from a warrior WW. A high poison spell caster can counter the health tanks guardian.

Overall, CA game is not always perfectly balance in all aspects of the game, but it does fair job as each class counter one another.
    Thanks a lot for your insight!
    Last edited by gogoo; 04-04-2019 at 05:20 PM.

So Intimidate gives up to 480 pts on hit? Since it uses 2 tokens. I'm sure I've never seen 400+ pts, but I've only ever used it in Colosseum, maybe it doesn't work the same there?
    I'll try to check again. In Colo and GB.

All I could find on the wiki was this:
    https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Gu...ctivity_Points

But it doesn't specifically mention powers which use 2 tokens. Are the activity points supposed to be always doubled?
    Intimidate is listed under Offensive active skills which rewards pts as: 160, 200, 240 pts per token. Defensive Active Skills reward 135 pts per token.

Yes that's definitely too expensive for me
    I may purchase and promote Aethyx and Jezzale to 5*, but my Jessika will probably remain at 1* (unless I get lucky another time). I don't think I'll invest in Petrus, at least for now. I should have him at 2* soon though.

- Petrus promotion is not hard, via Treasure Island event.

And I'll probably be stuck forever with Deianira for dmg.
    Btw, would you recommend investing in Deshara? I suppose once Poison has been set, using Aethyx and Jessika is useless until next time you need to Poison?

- Deshara sucks!!!

- You are in the wrong guild.

Maybe that's the post you're referring to? http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...11#post3003111

By reading it I see that Deshara apparently sucks lol

- Yes!!!

Btw if you don't like the forum search function (which can have its interest though), you can use google with the "site" function:
    site:castleageforums.com keywords
    That will only return results from the forums.

- Thanks

Yeah that's why I want to choose the "right" class from the start

Thanks a lot for your insight!

- Yw
    Last edited by zserg; 04-04-2019 at 12:08 PM. Reason: red is moderator statements :cough:

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

- You are in the wrong guild.
    ...or you have the "wrong" build/ expenditure habits for it (I wouldn't bother for years probably, even if my guild spawned 10 times as many of these snakes for example)

Petrus promotion is not hard, via Treasure Island event.
    Yeah but I'll need 3 TI events for 1 Petrus so that would take super long anyway :P

And I'd rather get to 15 spins or 65 spins than 35 (which is the worst as far as Evo Crystals are concerned).

Deshara sucks!!!
    Alright haha

You are in the wrong guild
    Well we're doing 1 Hard then 1 Normal explore. We're clearing lands relatively quickly.
    It's just that it requires so many ingredients and you can't find as many Ouroboros as you can find Vargulis.

I'll be fine with alchemizing the non-legendary boots with a slot I think

I'm not a spender (nor an active battler currently), so I'm not aiming to be in a top guild with tons of Ouroboros spawns

Thanks
    Yw!

Edit:
    Intimidate is listed under Offensive active skills which rewards pts as: 160, 200, 240 pts per token. Defensive Active Skills reward 135 pts per token.
    That's right. Just checked it and it gave me +400 pts on Victory. Idk what I had been smoking.
    Last edited by gogoo; 04-04-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    ...or you have the "wrong" build/ expenditure habits for it (I wouldn't bother for years probably, even if my guild spawned 10 times as many of these snakes for example)
    That is why I said a top tier Rogue build can be almost as expensive as top tier Warrior class. Those burritos' legendary gears do not come cheap.
    Last edited by Dokkōdō; 04-04-2019 at 01:26 PM.