Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any reason to use the Rogue class over the Warrior class?

Question Any reason to use the Rogue class over the Warrior class?

I just wrote this thread: Guild Battle Classes & their use nowadays

And that brought another question

So there are basically 3 classes to deal Damage, and 1 class to recover Health.

So indeed the Cleric class is mandatory (especially in 100v100 and Classic).

When it comes to damage, Warrior seems mandatory as well.

Mages are also really important to clean gates after a Cleric healed it with his passive (and Confuse in 10v10). Other than that, aren't Warriors a lot better?

So now, what about Rogues? Except for Intimidate, is there any reason to pick Rogue over Warrior?

For some reason I'm attracted to the Rogue class, but I'm thinking investing in it may be a bad idea if I can get better results much more easily with the Warrior class.
    I was told Warrior is an expensive class, mostly because you need a big Damage Rune. But wouldn't it be true with Rogue as well?

Let's say my Damage Rune is level 101 (+400 Dmg), with what would I deal/bring the most damage for my team (assuming all Generals lvl 54 and 5* unless stated otherwise):
    • A Rogue with Poison - with Aethyx and Jessika 1* (and probably Deshara and Deianira)
    • A Warrior with Whirlwind + Confidence + Shout - with Meekah, Attilius, possibly Grombeard 1* if I roll him (I'd also buy Oberon for HP)

Any insight is greatly appreciated
    I'm not looking for exact numbers, I just thought experienced people could pretty much tell me the answer without doing the math! And whether the damage difference between these 2 setups is big or not.

Rogue can evade/smokebomb so can add a disruptive/defensive element to battle
    Warriors do more eventual dmg but Rogues don't require repeated tokens to "get up to speed" and dmg isn't reduced by a battle loss
    The big factor may be that a stunned Warrior will still increase dmg so can end up doing more dmg than a healthy rogue

I think rogue is a bit more fun because of the various options and strategies, but warrior is the obvious meathead choice if pure dmg is your aim and you'd rather just click than think

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

When you steal a token, it's not just that the person you stole it from loses the token, it's also that you gain an extra token right? If that's the case, rogue would be potentially the best class for coin farming (assuming you have 240 targets)

Yes, a stolen token adds to your total - Rogue in 100V wall is coin farmer's delight

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

Add that it can steal DF/enrage and the other things mentioned here and I see plenty of reasons to play rogue. It's not the best DMG class but it has a few neat powers

1. If you go to Emporium -> Guild Shop, you would observe how each class has six “basic” powers (note the chest spins can award better versions of some of these “basic” skills). The Rogue is special as it gains two additional powers via conquest path: assassinate and smoke bomb. The Rogue Class has two more powers at its disposal.

2. The Evade buff got broken by the 8* promotion system. I am going off my memory, but if you use 8* lvl 80 Raziel & 8* lvl 80 Jazale with Evade 3, then you are close to evade at 90% and over 90% with Evade gear.

Raziel is 6% evade at lvl 4 and it’s buff increases 0.0033 per lvl. There are 76 more levels to get to lvl 80 and 8* means another 42 levels. So 76 + 42 is 118 levels @ 0.0033 which is 38.94% plus the 6% at lvl is 44.94%. Evade 3 is supposed to be 30% so in theory 8* lvl 80 Raziel with Evade 3 is a 74.94% buff. Then you add Jezale and you get the picture.

There’s this player who goes by Bedlam in Slayers who claims on his/her wall that s/he has the highest Evade.

I would use Raziel - Jazale - Daphne in Colo to p*ss off the other team assuming I had over 50K of battle health and 90%+ Evade buff.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    Rogue can evade/smokebomb so can add a disruptive/defensive element to battle
    Warriors do more eventual dmg but Rogues don't require repeated tokens to "get up to speed" and dmg isn't reduced by a battle loss
    The big factor may be that a stunned Warrior will still increase dmg so can end up doing more dmg than a healthy rogue

I think rogue is a bit more fun because of the various options and strategies, but warrior is the obvious meathead choice if pure dmg is your aim and you'd rather just click than think
    I see, thx for your answer! Sometimes doing lots of damage is fun, but Rogue powers seem more fun than Warrior powers overall. Tough choice, and I'm not going to buy and promote generals for both classes... (not to mention use GC for both classes' powers).

The "damage while stunned" of Warrior indeed seems interesting to me, especially as that could give enough damage to raise yourself from the dead with the Vampire Lifeleech ability which sounds fun to me

I was wondering whether Smoke Bomb was actually that useful. Without Petrus, on average it would cost you 1 token to waste 1 enemy token. So not useless, but also not really useful lol.
    With a leveled up Petrus though it does become quite useful probably.

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    When you steal a token, it's not just that the person you stole it from loses the token, it's also that you gain an extra token right? If that's the case, rogue would be potentially the best class for coin farming (assuming you have 240 targets)
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    Yes, a stolen token adds to your total - Rogue in 100V wall is coin farmer's delight
    You would end up with a lot more points if you were simply doing basic attacks though, wouldn't you?
    As Intimidate only gives 270 so 135 per token and gets you an extra token only about 1 in 5 times according to the wiki.

That would mean roughly getting 12 tokens instead of 10, so 6 * 270 = 1620 battle pts.
    Just by doing regular attacks you could easily get 2000 or even 2400 pts instead.

Unless Intimidate can give more than 270 pts? I thought that's what I was always getting but I've only been using it in Colosseum so haven't paid close attention.

Edit:
    Intimidate does indeed give 320 / 400 / 480 pts on victory.
    Last edited by gogoo; 04-04-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    Add that it can steal DF/enrage and the other things mentioned here and I see plenty of reasons to play rogue. It's not the best DMG class but it has a few neat powers
    I did state Intimidate as the one "mandatory" reason to have at least a few players playing Rogue in your guildmates. Because that's pretty much the only thing only Rogues can do. But yeah there are indeed other reasons as well

However a high Evade high Health Rogue could have a comparable use to a high Health Warrior with Sentinel (high Health Warrior is probably less fun but can protect his teammates - however as Rogue you can with Smoke Bomb).

And dealing damage with passive ability, Poison and Backstab, even if well coordinated, is probably subpar compared to Whirlwind unless in certain situations I suppose. Athough both could be combined (as Poison is also useful for teammates).

I'm probably going to pick Rogue though. I mostly wanted to make sure its ability to deal damage wasn't so completely underwhelming compared to Warrior.

Because even though I like Intimidate and other Rogue's abilities, if I could only do 1 fifth of the damage I'd be able to do with Warrior I'd be sad!

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    1. If you go to Emporium -> Guild Shop, you would observe how each class has six “basic” powers (note the chest spins can award better versions of some of these “basic” skills). The Rogue is special as it gains two additional powers via conquest path: assassinate and smoke bomb. The Rogue Class has two more powers at its disposal.
    Yup I did see that, however I think Assassinate and Wound are almost useless, several tokens of Cripple can be removed with 1 Cleanse so meh, and Backstab can only give its damage boost once per target (and only if well coordinated).

So best options I believe are Poison for damage, Evade (always very nice to have), and Intimidate to remove DF and Enrage. Smoke Bomb can also be useful.
    Though you can indeed add Cripple and Backstab to the mix for some extra dmg/utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    2. The Evade buff got broken by the 8* promotion system. I am going off my memory, but if you use 8* lvl 80 Raziel & 8* lvl 80 Jazale with Evade 3, then you are close to evade at 90% and over 90% with Evade gear.

Raziel is 6% evade at lvl 4 and it’s buff increases 0.0033 per lvl. There are 76 more levels to get to lvl 80 and 8* means another 42 levels. So 76 + 42 is 118 levels @ 0.0033 which is 38.94% plus the 6% at lvl is 44.94%. Evade 3 is supposed to be 30% so in theory 8* lvl 80 Raziel with Evade 3 is a 74.94% buff. Then you add Jezale and you get the picture.

There’s this player who goes by Bedlam in Slayers who claims on his/her wall that s/he has the highest Evade.

I would use Raziel - Jazale - Daphne in Colo to p*ss off the other team assuming I had over 50K of battle health and 90%+ Evade buff.
    Evade does indeed sound super interesting, especially when very high.
    So thanks for the insight and details!

But in my case I only have 500ish base Health and I'm not planning to get more ever. So I will probably reach 10k+ GB Health at some point but definitely not much more.

So I don't feel like investing a lot into Evade generals would be worth my resources.

Btw, are you sure some people do have Raziel at 8*? As he is an Epic Chest general.

Anyway, playing against a super high Evade high Health player with Daphne sounds like so much pain lol.

Thanks for your answers everyone!