Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guild Battle Classes & their use nowadays

Default Guild Battle Classes & their use nowadays

I'm not too familiar with Guild Battles and was trying to get an overview of each Class use nowadays. I'm looking for people to confirm or correct my thinking, or bring more insight

Here's what it looks like to me currently:

Warrior:

1. Deal huge amounts of damage with Whirlwind + Confidence + Leadership/Shout
    2. Or being a meatshield with Sentinel/Guardian (and Oberon)

As a side note, Warriors can still deal great amounts of damage when stunned thanks to Confidence and Leadership/Shout.

Useless / subpar / niche powers:
    - Focus Attack
    - Berserk
    - Passive ability: useless?

Rogue:

1. In general, dealing high damage to single targets (with passive ability & Poison)?
    2. Amplify damage with Poison for you and your teammates with big Damage Runes?
    3. Or being a meatshield with high Health and high Evade
    4. Removing Enrage and Divine Favor with Intimidate (especially useful in Colosseum and Classic?)
    5. Smoke Bomb to protect allies (is it that useful?)

- Cripple: can be removed easily so only worth using in specific occasions
    - Backstab/Ambush: can be of use but can rarely be used
    - Wound/Lacerate: useless?
    - Assassinate: useless?

Mage:

1. Dealing splash damage with passive ability to kill entire low health gates (which were revived by the Cleric passive)
    2. Confuse, especially in 10v10
    3. Polymorph sometimes useful against a tough opponent?
    4. Enrage to become super strong - often better option than Polymorph?

- Fireball: extremely weak compared to Whirlwind? (especially since it costs 2 tokens)
    - Illusion/Mirror Image: kinda useless?
    - Mana Shield/Magic Barrier: kinda useless?

Cleric:

1. Healing
    2. Reviving stunned teammates thanks to their passive ability (or Mass Heal)
    3. Healing again (Heal / Mass Heal)
    4. Cleanse/Dispel Poison, Confuse, Polymorph, Cripple
    5. Casting Revive/Resurrect on allies (good use of a token?)
    6. Divine Favor to become super strong

- Fortitude: kinda useless?

Does that sound about right?

Edit:
    Writing this brought up another question and I thought this post was big enough So here's another one:
    Any reason to use the Rogue class over the Warrior class?
    Last edited by gogoo; 04-19-2019 at 06:41 PM.

disagree that backstab is useless for rogues, but it does need coordinated use (ie get in before the mages take everyone's heath down) and can add significant dmg.
    If the first line of attack is for rogues with backstab to lay poison this gives quite a nice start to the battle

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    disagree that backstab is useless for rogues, but it does need coordinated use (ie get in before the mages take everyone's heath down) and can add significant dmg.
    If the first line of attack is for rogues with backstab to lay poison this gives quite a nice start to the battle
    Oh yeah I didn't consider it as useless, I just didn't want to make too many different "categories" to put powers in so I just made a "Useless / subpar / niche powers".

Some powers in there are definitely not useless but more like "I'm really not choosing this class for this power, but it can be of some use sometimes"

In the case of Backstab, I just think Poison, Evade and Intimidate are much more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    How can i up my splash
    If you're talking about the Mage splash damage or the Cleric splash heal, it comes from their passive abilities, so you don't need to buy any power, and it will trigger every time you attack an opponent (with a regular attack).

And as VersionsOfViolence said, these passive splash abilities can be enhanced by your Runes and certain Generals.

Other than that, does what I wrote in my first post sound about right overall or did I get it wrong for some classes or missed important uses for some powers?

5. Default

Ty for answer sorry for multiply question an new so getting the hang of this

i do think the part of warriors doing "huge amount of damage" is a bit overrated. yes players holding an warrior account that have spend a "huge amount of cash" do deal out that nice big amount. and well it is fair the have payed for it :-) i do not think you will find many f2p warrior accounts that deal out that "huge amount" ;-)

to deal out that huge amount i can use myself as an example: meekah to get max confidence 8*(54 copys or 1620 fp). to max ww attilus 7* (33 copys or 990 fp). getting jera(really a must have for a warrior. mine is only 2*, think that cost me about 2000 fp).max out leadership chest rolling to get components (real have no ideer how much over the years just to get it to level 3, over 3000 fp). and then of course they need to get level up for abilitys to really kick in.
    then you need to have a +1000 damage rune.(to really be counted as high damage dealer).
    so yes will say a f2p warrior will really never get up to the "huge amount"

Fortitude is not useless on players who has decent hp rune.

You have fortified Al for 3699 points!
    You have fortified Dokkōdō ™ ǺℱƤℱ {ℜ} for 1733 points!
    You have fortified thundercat for 1034 points!
    You have fortified B. Scott - King of Puddin' lol for 1504 points!
    You have fortified Mary☠ᶛᶜ☠ℜ for 2992 points!
    You have fortified THOMAS ☠DC☠ for 2554 points!
    You have fortified †Duke Of Dispel❂☠ǺℱP� for 921 points!
    You have fortified Francisco for 828 points!
    You have fortified Destroyer 5.0 for 812 points!
    You have fortified Ouch Inc. for 1896 points!
    You have fortified Wesa for 1633 points!
    Last edited by Dokkōdō; 04-05-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    Fortitude is not useless on players who has decent hp rune.

You have fortified Al for 3699 points!
    You have fortified Dokkōdō ™ ǺℱƤℱ {ℜ} for 1733 points!
    You have fortified thundercat for 1034 points!
    You have fortified B. Scott - King of Puddin' lol for 1504 points!
    You have fortified Mary☠ᶛᶜ☠ℜ for 2992 points!
    You have fortified THOMAS ☠DC☠ for 2554 points!
    You have fortified †Duke Of Dispel❂☠ǺℱP� for 921 points!
    You have fortified Francisco for 828 points!
    You have fortified Destroyer 5.0 for 812 points!
    You have fortified Ouch Inc. for 1896 points!
    You have fortified Wesa for 1633 points!
    Oh right. Some people really have huge runes lol.

So ok, definitely not useless

I'd still consider it really subpar though.
    It's only really useful if the players you're casting it on have a bigger Rune than yours (and you can only use it once per battle so the use is still limited).

Otherwise Heal / Mass Heal and your passive ability are a lot better I suppose. And Revive is better as well. Basically same effect (a bit more health given) and can be cast several times on the same target.

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    i do think the part of warriors doing "huge amount of damage" is a bit overrated. yes players holding an warrior account that have spend a "huge amount of cash" do deal out that nice big amount. and well it is fair the have payed for it :-) i do not think you will find many f2p warrior accounts that deal out that "huge amount" ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    to deal out that huge amount i can use myself as an example: meekah to get max confidence 8*(54 copys or 1620 fp). to max ww attilus 7* (33 copys or 990 fp). getting jera(really a must have for a warrior. mine is only 2*, think that cost me about 2000 fp).max out leadership chest rolling to get components (real have no ideer how much over the years just to get it to level 3, over 3000 fp). and then of course they need to get level up for abilitys to really kick in.
    then you need to have a +1000 damage rune.(to really be counted as high damage dealer).
    so yes will say a f2p warrior will really never get up to the "huge amount"
    Well it's all relative of course
    Indeed your damage output can be considered huge by almost everyone in the game (not many people must have a better alliance + rune + leadership).

So what I consider huge, you may consider it almost insignificant.

But when I'm comparing Classes, I'm comparing them for players of a same caliber.

And for Warrior, you can just buy Whirlwind for 1250 GC and deal big amounts of damage compared to any other Class. Even if I bought Poison for 5k GC, or Fireball, I couldn't get close to the damage I'd do with Warrior I believe.

Let's say I have a lvl 126 Rune. With Rogue I'd deal ~850 damage with a regular attack.
    Add Poison to that, I'd deal ~935 dmg / token.

Now I'm the same guy so still lvl 126 Rune but I pick Warrior.
    With Whirlwind (lvl 1) I'd deal 650 dmg to the main target, and 520 dmg to the 2 adjacent players, for a total of 1690 dmg / token.

And to that you can add Shout and Confidence, which can give nice bonuses even if you don't roll for Leadership and don't have the best Meekah ever.
    With Rogue your damage is pretty much maxed out with Poison (and Backstab but it has a very limited use).

I didn't even compare the bonuses brought by generals (let's say 5* max for a regular player), but I think it still works out better for Warriors, in terms of damage.
    Attilius + Meekah (+ Grombeard) will help a lot more than Aethyx (+ Jessika + Dominus), for the player who casts the abilities (because Poison can be helpful if you have teammates with bigger Runes than you).

Which is why I said Warrior's main purpose is to deal "huge amounts of damage".
    It's compared to the other classes. For players of roughly the same level / PvP strength / wallet.
    Last edited by gogoo; 04-06-2019 at 01:39 PM.