Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Spreadsheet - Calculate your effective stats with Pierce & Resistance!

got the first one to work now, but to get a number in edef i have to remove a "0" from defence, is it because the number gets to high?
    eatt about 100000+/edef 120000+ (manuel got the number)
    Last edited by hansa; 03-30-2019 at 01:38 PM.

In the same way that BSI was an indication of relative strength, for PvP at least, when comparing yourself to those of a similar level, this method give numbers in an ever increasing size as you level up. Both have merits, but I wondered if you take the Ef Atk and Ef Def figures generated and divide by your level would this resultant figure not be an indication of relative strength in the CA universe?

A low figure would be expected at a low level, but I would also expect it to increase as you leveled up. (That said if you follow a high LSI approach it may actually decrease at first until such times as keep bonus stats increased through attack and defense runes and IA items.)

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewS View Post
    In the same way that BSI was an indication of relative strength, for PvP at least, when comparing yourself to those of a similar level, this method give numbers in an ever increasing size as you level up. Both have merits, but I wondered if you take the Ef Atk and Ef Def figures generated and divide by your level would this resultant figure not be an indication of relative strength in the CA universe?

A low figure would be expected at a low level, but I would also expect it to increase as you leveled up. (That said if you follow a high LSI approach it may actually decrease at first until such times as keep bonus stats increased through attack and defense runes and IA items.)
    That sounds reasonable to me . BSI is just a piece of the pie these days ,still has big impact but not overall a good measuring tool . This new calculator seems promising to me separating elements and stacks rather than grouping all together as equal.
    The old school Ronins test no archives, no runes

Quote Originally Posted by thomasj8 View Post
    Yes, I meant that my defensive loadout has 42K attack and 78K def, and I often hit people using this loadout. I tapped you with it and won, but not sure if that is your defensive loadout. You had Daphne up. At lvl 14XX it seems excessive to say I have 78K def, as the bonus from the breakpoints is theoretical. I am not aware of any hard data from testing to support the amount of bonus.
    I used the spreadsheet and found that my attack was 76.6K, so I figured I'd test Thomas' toon since we were fairly close. I was surprised that I won 5 of 5. I'm not sure if the spreadsheet is flawed or if the pierce/resistance functions are unable to accurately account for the physical and elemental pierce/res differences between two players. Thomas has much better att/def stats. I assume I have better general stats - my attacking gen stats are 2336/1957. Pierce/res was mixed with Thomas ahead on fire (by 218) and water (by 46), and me ahead on physical (43), earth (307) and wind (138). Anyway, assuming no user error (I double checked my numbers and Thomas posted most of his stats), the only other possibility is that Thomas' Katherine is not the defensive loadout he was referring to (but I figure it was).

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Needcoffee View Post
    I used the spreadsheet and found that my attack was 76.6K, so I figured I'd test Thomas' toon since we were fairly close. I was surprised that I won 5 of 5. I'm not sure if the spreadsheet is flawed or if the pierce/resistance functions are unable to accurately account for the physical and elemental pierce/res differences between two players. Thomas has much better att/def stats. I assume I have better general stats - my attacking gen stats are 2336/1957. Pierce/res was mixed with Thomas ahead on fire (by 218) and water (by 46), and me ahead on physical (43), earth (307) and wind (138). Anyway, assuming no user error (I double checked my numbers and Thomas posted most of his stats), the only other possibility is that Thomas' Katherine is not the defensive loadout he was referring to (but I figure it was).
    Supposedly this applies?

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post

To finish, I'll say that the spreadsheet can't determine duels outcomes precisely, because it is determined by the net difference between the attacker Pierces values and the defender Resistances values. And when you're attacking, you don't know the defender's values.

For instance, at a relatively close strength between the attacker and defender, for instance 100k eAtk for the attacker and 90-95k eDef for the defender, the attacker may lose. It could happen if the defender has higher resistance, because of the threshold bonus in favor of the defender from the net pierce/resistance values.

If you however do know both players' exact attack/def and pierce/resistance values, you can determine the outcome of the duel with a spreadsheet similar to this one, by entering both players' values into it (you'd have the net difference in pierce/resistance with that)

You could try to input just the net differences of pierce/resist on the spreadsheet and see what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    Supposedly this applies?
    Yes

And also, the formulas aren't 100% sure (but should be very close to reality). They were / are being defined based on tests.

They were slightly off and Retribution modified 2 values, I updated the spreadsheet in the past hour.
    So if you enter your stats again, the results will be slightly different.

Dn't know if that might have played a role in the case of Needcoffee vs. thomasj8 as their values are pretty close.

They may change slightly again in the future if we get more data. We're working (well, FireyDog is ) on linking the sheet to a google form so we can gather data.

And add eAtk / level and eDef / level cells or stuff like that. That would be a much better indicator of your PvP strength for your level compared to BSI.

You could try to input just the net differences of pierce/resist on the spreadsheet and see what it says.
    We'll also add (don't know when, for now Retribution isn't available) a 2nd sheet with a "battle simulator" where you can add your opponent's stats and thus simulate specific duels.

With my defensive loadout he had more resistance than my pierce sometimes, and I had more pierce than his resistance sometimes. I am level 1425 with the following stats:
    Then you'll also be able to test your duel against zserg more easily

Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    Thanks!
    Last edited by gogoo; 04-01-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Supposedly this applies?
    Yes

And also, the formulas aren't 100% sure (but should be very close to reality). They were / are being defined based on tests.
    Thanks. I missed that. As the spreadsheet gets revised, I'll keep checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Needcoffee View Post
    Katherine is my defensive loadout. My question is whether the spreadsheet is applying pierce and resistance to all stats, raw player stats, or something in between. I thought the original testing from years ago indicated it was just raw stats, but we sure didn't have these elevated general stats back then. One would hope raw stats would get some higher level of importance over IA and runes, but who knows
    Chimæra

My question is whether the spreadsheet is applying pierce and resistance to all stats, raw player stats, or something in between.
    The spreadsheet applies Pierce and Resistance to everything (in an equal manner):
    http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...87#post3033187
    Last edited by gogoo; 04-01-2019 at 10:57 PM.

Katherine is my defensive loadout. My question is whether the spreadsheet is applying pierce and resistance to all stats, raw player stats, or something in between. I thought the original testing from years ago indicated it was just raw stats, but we sure didn't have these elevated general stats back then. One would hope raw stats would get some higher level of importance over IA and runes, but who knows
    The spreadsheet applies Pierce and Resistance to everything (in an equal manner):
    http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...87#post3033187
    For whatever its worth, I asked Elandal this question a long time ago and came away with the same understanding as posted by gogoo - that pierce and res were applied after all stats (including runes, archives, gens, equipment) were taken into account on an 'equal' basis.