Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spreadsheet - Calculate your effective stats with Pierce & Resistance!

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    I could make a slightly better loadout for def, but I don't have one right now. That's the loadout I keep on these days as def and it's the one with the 35k figure.
    I see you didn't have any problem beating my defensive set. I still have room for improvement, with 3 sockets waitng for epics and Thanatos Gauntlet on its way. Maybe in 8-9 months...

The spreadsheet seems... excessive? With my defensive loadout it is 42,103/78,372. I have triple checked that my entries are correct, but have not done the manual math.
    Chimæra

Quote Originally Posted by Will Cochrane View Post
    cannot get the other one to work. but using this one i get some extreme high numbers for eatt (84k) edef (88k), but i did also put elemtal in it

im atk - 53,984 and def - 49,990

so tbh idk, i think i put stuff wrongly.

but hey, zsergy post his keep here to get hit... so here's my donation

https://web3.castleagegame.com/castl...ser=1257964716
    for the meantime add me 5E51FD and this
    Pls do not hurt me... coz i know someone who knows someone that knows someone who can hurt you.

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    I see you didn't have any problem beating my defensive set. I still have room for improvement, with 3 sockets waitng for epics and Thanatos Gauntlet on its way. Maybe in 8-9 months...
    I've got some gemless gear that would be better than what I'm using, but no good gems for it

Quote Originally Posted by thomasj8 View Post
    The spreadsheet seems... excessive? With my defensive loadout it is 42,103/78,372. I have triple checked that my entries are correct, but have not done the manual math.
    It's because of all those threshold bonuses :/
    Last edited by zserg; 03-28-2019 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasj8 View Post
    First, 1 loadout should give you 1 number (like 78,372), not 2 (like 42,103/78,372).

When you're attacking, only the effective Attack number matters and when defending only the effective defense matters.

If you still find the number(s) excessive, I believe it means you're underestimating Pierce and Resistance impact.

I suppose the reason why you're surprised about how high your eAtk and eDef are is because you're used to other much weaker values from the outdated calculators you've been using.
    Not because they contradict your PvP experience. Is that right?

Keep in mind that ofc, everyone has pierce and resistance, so everyone gets their huge boosts to their Atk and Def.

I'm convinced that if you find someone with 70k raw def (no resistance) and attacked him with your eAtk of 78k you'd see you'd win even though your raw attack is much lower.
    It's not possible to find such a target, but it is however possible to do other tests confirming the spreadsheet values.

To finish, I'll say that the spreadsheet can't determine duels outcomes precisely, because it is determined by the net difference between the attacker Pierces values and the defender Resistances values. And when you're attacking, you don't know the defender's values.

For instance, at a relatively close strength between the attacker and defender, for instance 100k eAtk for the attacker and 90-95k eDef for the defender, the attacker may lose. It could happen if the defender has higher resistance, because of the threshold bonus in favor of the defender from the net pierce/resistance values.

If you however do know both players' exact attack/def and pierce/resistance values, you can determine the outcome of the duel with a spreadsheet similar to this one, by entering both players' values into it (you'd have the net difference in pierce/resistance with that)

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    cannot get the other one to work. but using this one i get some extreme high numbers for eatt (84k) edef (88k), but i did also put elemtal in it
    You should get even higher numbers using the spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by dani2000 View Post
    im atk - 53,984 and def - 49,990

so tbh idk, i think i put stuff wrongly.
    You're probably also underestimating Pierce and Resistance impact

I have been using the spreadsheet in Elandal's old post (I think it was done by him).
    The difference between the new and old spreadsheet is huge, by 25% difference in final number calculation.

For example, new spreadsheet would calculate eDef = 75K, old xls eDef = 100K.

The difference lies in the methodology for pierce/resist calculation.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    First, 1 loadout should give you 1 number (like 78,372), not 2 (like 42,103/78,372).
    I assume folk putting two numbers up are giving one for atk loadout and another for def, at least that's what I meant in my post....

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    I assume folk putting two numbers up are giving one for atk loadout and another for def, at least that's what I meant in my post....
    Perhaps JT just meant that his defensive loadout has 42k attack and 78k def. I mean you can hit someone with a defensive loadout.

If that's the case, I would be curious to find out if JT's defensive loadout can break mine, since I only had 35k def.
    Last edited by zserg; 03-28-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Perhaps JT just meant that his defensive loadout has 42k attack and 78k def.
    Oh yes, didn't see it that way

I mean you can hit someone with a defensive loadout.
    Heresy I tell thee, heresy