Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monster Hunting Generals - New wiki article

Blog Entries

Thanks. Very helpful
    Nnja Tom TFF landed a CRITICAL HIT on Vargulis's Right Wing hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage [82,683,166]! Vargulis's Right Wing dealt 1 damage.

Beastmaster is BY FAR the best monster hunting general available. At level 1 a 10% chance at an extra attack (which can chain to even more extra attacks, each attack having a chance to be a critical hit) is a damage multiplier of at least 110% of total damage per stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Thanks. Very helpful
    You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpence View Post
    Beastmaster is BY FAR the best monster hunting general available. At level 1 a 10% chance at an extra attack (which can chain to even more extra attacks, each attack having a chance to be a critical hit) is a damage multiplier of at least 110% of total damage per stamina.
    Beast Master (BM) has 10% chance and chaining capped at 1 extra attack all the way from level 1 to 80 (just got confirmation from Kroki).

His ability only increases with Promotions.

Here's the little info we have on him:
    https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Be...and_promotions

For the players who own him, their MK definitely provides more than a 10% increase of damage.
    Ofc if they used let's say 3 Promo Orbs on BM to get him to 3 stars, he'll be better already, with 20% chance, and maybe the extra attacks are capped at 2 instead of just 1.

And I'm not sure what chaining means exactly, I assume since it says "can" chain repeatedly, you won't get 2 extra attacks every time his ability triggers. So the chance to get 2 extra attacks at once would be 20% * 20% = 4%, I think?
    So you'd get a bit over a 20% damage increase overall.

I think a 5*+ Malekus would increase your damage more than that, especially with great Agg. Boost gems (for instance, The Reaper's alliance led by Malekus has stats of 7623/4641). But I haven't done the math.

And ofc you can always use Malekus + Beast Master.
    And if you can somehow reach high Promotion levels with Beast Master, maybe he's better than Malekus. But for now I'd say it's unrealistic, and I'm not sure the players who have him use Promo Orbs on him.

Beastmaster increases the number of attacks you make, and each extra attack has a chance to be a critical hit or cause another chained attack, which in turn can be a critical hit or cause another chained attack. So the increase in damage per stamina is not merely 10% it's more like 13%-15%. He's an aggressive general with good stats too.

Beastmaster increases the number of attacks you make, and each extra attack has a chance to be a critical hit or cause another chained attack, which in turn can be a critical hit or cause another chained attack. So the increase in damage per stamina is not merely 10% it's more like 13%-15%. He's an aggressive general with good stats too.
    I'm not sure that's how he works.

I was told for instance in GB when you get the "extra attack" it simply doubles your damage.

Ofc it can be different in monsters, or my info may be wrong.

But I don't really see how what you're saying would work in practice. Will your screen refresh quickly to see the extra attacks? Does it show each attack below each other?
    Also I'm not sure what the crit chance has anything to do with Beast Master. Any hit can be a crit hit. The fact that the chained attack can be a crit just makes it so that it can be as powerful as any other hit, and not weaker.

And again, at 1* and 2* (we don't know above except for 8*), you can't get more than 1 extra attack from his ability. So the extra attack won't cause another extra attack at those promotion levels.

this screenshot of a friend's 50 stam hit should illustrate beastmaster:

this screenshot of a friend's 50 stam hit should illustrate beastmaster:
    Interesting.

So:
    1) Only those 10m dmg were added to his total dmg dealt?
    Or 2) does Beast Master simply triple those 10m dmg?
    Or 3) are there 2 other attacks that are just not shown?

I'd assume someone with Beast Master must have a pretty damn good MH alliance, so option 1 seems unrealistic to me.

Also, do you know at what Promotion level this Beast Master is?