Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunting Generals - New wiki article

Talking Monster Hunting Generals - New wiki article

I recently created a new wiki page gathering all Monster Hunting heroes and their abilities at level 4 and 54, and several notes to help understand the usefulness (or uselessness) of some of them.

I also wrote a few sections which should help anyone quickly grasp how monster hunting works and how your general alliances greatly helps.

So here it is:

--- Monster Hunting Generals ---

2. Default

thanks
    that's helpful

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    I recently created a new wiki page gathering all Monster Hunting heroes and their abilities at level 4 and 54, and several notes to help understand the usefulness (or uselessness) of some of them.

I also wrote a few sections which should help anyone quickly grasp how monster hunting works and how your general alliances greatly helps.

So here it is:

You are on fire these days just like me! Since we both came back after breaks :v

Quote Originally Posted by chronoadol View Post
    thanks
    that's helpful
    Glad you found it useful, thx for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Veer View Post
    You are on fire these days just like me! Since we both came back after breaks :v
    Haha yeah, I wrote so much stuff on the wiki these past months

5. Default

Interesting. I've been using Barb (54, 6*) / Dolomar (64, 6*) / Sahar (64, 5*) for monster hunting with mostly crit gear. The alliance is 1692/1029. My base ATK is 8260 with another 3153 (IA + gear). 2 questions - 1) If I swap out most of my crit equipment and put in my PVP equipment with ATK and Aggressive general boosts, that brings the bonus ATK up to 5285. I lose around 14%crit, but seems like the extra ATK would be better? And 2) I do have Straticus but low level. Should I power him up to replace Sahar? (I don't have MK or Malekus)

Quote Originally Posted by miketropolis View Post
    Interesting. I've been using Barb (54, 6*) / Dolomar (64, 6*) / Sahar (64, 5*) for monster hunting with mostly crit gear. The alliance is 1692/1029. My base ATK is 8260 with another 3153 (IA + gear). 2 questions - 1) If I swap out most of my crit equipment and put in my PVP equipment with ATK and Aggressive general boosts, that brings the bonus ATK up to 5285. I lose around 14%crit, but seems like the extra ATK would be better? And 2) I do have Straticus but low level. Should I power him up to replace Sahar? (I don't have MK or Malekus)
    - Put Dolomar as Master if that's not the case already. Lvl 64 has a lot more stats than lvl 54, that will give you a boost is alliance stats (barb should be last in your alliance for now since he's only lvl 54).

- With your player attack above 10k, Sahar's ability is very close to being useless.
    Haven't done the math, but I'm pretty sure even +50 atk to your alliance stats would give a bigger boost than your +2500 or so stats from Sahar's ability.

- Bonus "Base Attack" from Chaos Gem is useless in Monster Hunting (it's player attack as well). The extra attack you get from this is the same as Sahar's ability: useless (for you).

- "Aggressive General Boost" on the other hand is very useful. However I can't tell you whether that would be better than your +14% crit since you didn't give me how much agg. boost % you get.
    Anyway, for now your alliance stats are not that big so the crit% is probably better (14% is pretty nice).

- Straticus will definitely be better than Sahar (especially if you have a lot of crit%) but you'd have to level him up quite a lot before using him probably, otherwise his ability won't make up for the loss of damage from the alliance stats, even in the 3rd spot of your alliance.
    However, I would only advise on leveling him up if you know you will never get Monkey King. Because Monkey King is quite a lot better IMO.

After thinking about it again, you would have to do the math on what's better for you.
    Sahar's ability is useless, but she is 5 stars (could potentially be 6 stars or more), so as an aggressive general at level 80 she gives a nice boost in alliance stats.
    You may never have Straticus above 1 star, so his stats even at level 80 will be very bad compared to any 5* or 6* Aggressive general.
    Would his ability make up for that? Even if you have a high crit%? I don't know.

7. Default

Thanks for the feedback!

So here it is:

Hi gogoo, I have one question: Will Babarus's this ability (While equipped, Power Attacks now use X times the Stamina and damage is increased up to X times.) still work if I put him in an alliance as a secondary or third general? Or it needs to be first general to use that ability?

I'm making a plan for my PVE build. I'm not spending money in this game, so I won't be able to level up new bought generals straight away and it will be best to use my current general as main in alliance which is fifty something level. So, the generals I will buy for PVE will be second and third. One general will be for sure Dolomar. Another one I can't decide between barbarus and maalvus. Which one do you think will be better choice to buy?
    Last edited by Ditendra; 11-08-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditendra View Post
    Hi gogoo, I have one question: Will Babarus's this ability (While equipped, Power Attacks now use X times the Stamina and damage is increased up to X times.) still work if I put him in an alliance as a secondary or third general? Or it needs to be first general to use that ability?
    Barbarus' Power Attack x3 ability only works when he's master.
    But he's mostly interesting for his secondary ability anyway (+x% dmg).

Quote Originally Posted by Ditendra View Post
    I'm making a plan for my PVE build. I'm not spending money in this game, so I won't be able to level up new bought generals straight away and it will be best to use my current general as main in alliance which is fifty something level. So, the generals I will buy for PVE will be second and third. One general will be for sure Dolomar. Another one I can't decide between barbarus and maalvus. Which one do you think will be better choice to buy?
    Barbarus.
    Maalvus is balanced (less attack stat), and his crit ability won't even be added to the alliance if the master doesn't have a crit ability (and even if the master has +crit, the transfer is only +25% or +17%, see the General Alliance wiki page for more info). See this comment for more info: https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Ge...nce#comm-17600
    Last edited by gogoo; 11-08-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Barbarus' Power Attack x3 ability only works when he's master.
    But he's mostly interesting for his secondary ability anyway (+x% dmg).

Barbarus.
    Maalvus is balanced (less attack stat), and his crit ability won't even be added to the alliance if the master doesn't have a crit ability (and even if the master has +crit, the transfer is only +15% or +17%, see the General Alliance wiki page for more info). See this comment for more info: https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Ge...nce#comm-17600
    Okay, then I'll get Barbarus instead of Maalvuus. Thx gogoo.