Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: False accusations

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    Web3/4 by extension don't have any such rules because you can't create accounts on either platform. You can only log in to accounts created via either FB or iOS. As such it doesn't need to have account limitation rules.
    So my theory can work and is legit?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dayrep View Post
    So my theory can work and is legit?
    No it can not, and no it is not.

Accounts are either FB accounts or iOS accounts. As such they are bound to the rules that are in place for the platform they are created on. Web3/4 just offers a different way to log into those accounts. It doesn't change anything about the kind of account that they are or the rules that are in effect for those accounts.

The reason that no specific account number rules for the web3/4 platform exist is because there is no such thing as a web3/4 account, there is only a web3/4 -login-. If web3/4 accounts -did- exist then I'm confident that the same rules would apply as they do for FB accounts. One account per one person.
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 03-20-2019 at 07:17 AM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Quote Originally Posted by dayrep View Post
    Yes, I would say it is. But what about those who simply want a different build for each toon?

And how will the devs weed abusive alts?
    Can have as many different toons as legal accounts allowed. So pick your favorite(s).

I cannot speak for how or what the devs will do about illegal alts. All we can do is report them to Support with whatever evidence we may have and let Gaea take it from there.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"The universe is already mad, anything else would be redundant" - Londo Mollari

Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    Can have as many different toons as legal accounts allowed. So pick your favorite(s).

I cannot speak for how or what the devs will do about illegal alts. All we can do is report them to Support with whatever evidence we may have and let Gaea take it from there.
    problem been i have in all my years playing, never ever seen any accounts banned for the use of altīs/miniīs/pws never. that is what have put CA were it is now: it is now impossible to do anything about it.
    in the end that is all that will be left: few guilds whit few "real" players holding multi accounts.

i look at i bit like soccor: spanish soccor is great to watch, and it is awesome to see a match real-barca, even the players give a bit more than normal. but wenn it get to the point were real-barca. is the only match each weekend. i do think even the player will stop having fun.
    and we are slowly getting to that point.
    Last edited by hansa; 03-20-2019 at 12:04 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    problem been i have in all my years playing, never ever seen any accounts banned for the use of altīs/miniīs/pws never. that is what have put CA were it is now: it is now impossible to do anything about it.
    in the end that is all that will be left: few guilds whit few "real" players holding multi accounts.
    And this right here is the biggest point about all of this.

Rules mean nothing if not enforced. Phoenix Age did nothing about this, Kabam did nothing about this, and Gaea seems content with keeping with the tradition.

All in all I wonder why OP made this post but I suppose we should be happy that he remembered that last time he pointed fingers he got run out of town by the people he was accusing and didn't actually try to name anyone.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

who me? did i get run out of town? by who?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    who me? did i get run out of town? by who?
    You aren't the OP of this thread so I'm going to say no to that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    You aren't the OP of this thread so I'm going to say no to that. :P
    oh okay ��

9. Default

Several things come to the conclussion this is systemic in the game and can not be reversed. Some have been commented in this post, among them:
    - Very long time without being corrected
    - A lot of players have legit alts that can potentially be named as illegal in a witch hunt.
    - In an ALT hunt, how many of normal players having 1-2 alts might be affected, some can have 5 iOS and legit alts, and maybe someone with 2 fb toons would have one eliminated. Not fair (not my case either).
    - In an ALT hunt, how much active toons will be left to play against/with?
    - How many people would abandon the game due to loosing some alt, or seeing heavily reduced activity.

Donīt get me wrong, if there is a guy running 40 toons that is not normal. All I am saying is that witch hunting ALTs is just not doable after all this time and the current status of the game, it would be IMHO such a heavy wound I am not sure the game could recover from. Possibly this is the reason it has not been done ever by any of the owners.

Quote Originally Posted by namaxe View Post
    Several things come to the conclussion this is systemic in the game and can not be reversed. Some have been commented in this post, among them:
    - Very long time without being corrected
    - A lot of players have legit alts that can potentially be named as illegal in a witch hunt.
    - In an ALT hunt, how many of normal players having 1-2 alts might be affected, some can have 5 iOS and legit alts, and maybe someone with 2 fb toons would have one eliminated. Not fair (not my case either).
    - In an ALT hunt, how much active toons will be left to play against/with?
    - How many people would abandon the game due to loosing some alt, or seeing heavily reduced activity.

Donīt get me wrong, if there is a guy running 40 toons that is not normal. All I am saying is that witch hunting ALTs is just not doable after all this time and the current status of the game, it would be IMHO such a heavy wound I am not sure the game could recover from. Possibly this is the reason it has not been done ever by any of the owners.
    do not worry, as said before: it has never happen that anyone has had an account closed do to pws/it been a alt/mini. and it will never happen sadly.