Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concerns for the future of Castle Age

Blog Entries

Additions have been made to the game that do help new players tremendously. 10v, Colloseum, and events give everyone the chance for Hero Crystals, as do Conquest Paths. Colloseum also allows players to gain Skill Points faster. Mystic Emporium lets players use gold or FPs to buy crystals, potions, wood, and iron, plus allows new players to purchase Oracle generals before they are unlocked by level. All of this, when properly taken advantage of, can be a huge help.
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 03-08-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    ~VoV~

one thing that devs can do to is: not make all events based on player vs player to get top price,
    this way level 500 and below, does not have to try to catch up to level 5000 in events for the best prices
    and yes the level 5000 will reach the top price faster maybe, but then their is a chance the level 500 might acturally spend
    to try reaching the top price.
    as it is now only top dogs try for the first price. and that is usually the same 10-20 players.
    Last edited by hansa; 03-08-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ryan View Post
    I noticed there are very few things of interest being added to the game aside from stuff that involve FP. (
    Indeed. I'll always beat the drum for a new 100v100 season. Colloseum is cool and free.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    one thing that devs can do to is: not make all events based on player vs player to get top price,
    this way level 500 and below, does not have to try to catch up to level 5000 in events for the best prices
    and yes the level 5000 will reach the top price faster maybe, but then their is a chance the level 500 might acturally spend
    to try reaching the top price.
    as it is now only top dogs try for the first price. and that is usually the same 10-20 players.
    Most events are monster-based. We only get PvP events once or twice a year, in Arena.
    ~VoV~

in those monster events their is price after youre place to. those prices i am talking about.
    those prices a better than those you get for the event it self.
    their you will never see a fairly new level 500 in the top (unless he sells hes soul :-) ) in the top 100
    it is her it will be nice whit i system that did not favor the top dog each event.
    giving the smaller level/new players a shot a getting those prices to.
    they will need to spend of course, but as it is now they have absolut no reason to spend to try and get those
    prices, as they now they will never catch the level 5000.
    Last edited by hansa; 03-08-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Blog Entries

Lower levels with high LSI consistently break into the top 100 or higher, without nearly as many refills as higher level players.
    ~VoV~

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    Lower levels with high LSI consistently break into the top 100 or higher, without nearly as many refills as higher level players.
    sorry to say i have never seen a player under level 500 in top 100 at last day of any event. and i have never seen a player below level 1000 in top 10

Blog Entries

There's a thread here about it each and ever time. Big spenders accusing the lower level of cheating, usually.
    ~VoV~

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    i my self was a fairly heavy spender at one point, now i am what i will call a "promo spender" :-)
    and are done whit quest/monsters.
    in the beginning of the new events from new devs.i was also spending on those,
    but as the events are on "repeat" (like questlands/monsters, nothing new), that stopped to.
    think the top spenders in the game 10-20 players will keep spending to they or the game dies,
    but the rest are slowly spending less and less.
    because of the well know reasons: no new seasons/no new monster/no new questlands and a basic lake of new stuff that
    does not require you to sell youre first born, to get to the top in it :-)
    You know... repeating events isn't such a bad thing in itself. What makes it bad is that it's literally a re-run rather than a different version of the event. For example. Another game that I play has three main event types that essentially rotate. Every week a new event. However, what those developers do is customize each event with it's own bosses to fight, it's own loot to obtain, and in some cases even it's own story line. At that point you can argue that it's still the same events but because the actual experience is different the content remains somewhat more fresh, is more enjoyable, and thus inspires more spending. Of course going that route would mean that Gaea would need to invest more money into developing the events. Something that I don't see Gaea doing given their track record so far.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Blog Entries

The prizes for CA events are still quite nice.

And really, a limited edition monster event wouldn't be difficult to do, just by adding limited edition drops on a specific monster each month.
    ~VoV~