Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concerns for the future of Castle Age

Default Concerns for the future of Castle Age

I noticed there are very few things of interest being added to the game aside from stuff that involve FP. and there are very few new players that actually stick around since low levels aren't welcome in most active guilds. plus once they reach LV 80+ their gonna get crushed by players way above their levels who go for campaign kills.
    so i wanna know what you guys think, do you think there will be more fun stuff added in the future? are there ways to make the game appealing to newcomers? i been at this game for at least a few years and would hate to see it slowly die.

Blog Entries

I think the experience for new players is pretty rough. But most people joining up already have friends playing, which makes it easier.

Though we haven't seen any expansions of older content (i.e. quests, new monsters, battle seasons, etc), most of us have plenty to keep us busy for several years to come. So as long as the game stays profitable, there's really no reason for the devs to pull the plug.

I'm quite happy with the monthly events we've had since Gaea took over. Colloseum is also a nice addition.

I actually fired up my iOS mini yesterday, after a long long time. Level 250 or so. It was painful.
    ~VoV~

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    I think the experience for new players is pretty rough. But most people joining up already have friends playing, which makes it easier.

Though we haven't seen any expansions of older content (i.e. quests, new monsters, battle seasons, etc), most of us have plenty to keep us busy for several years to come. So as long as the game stays profitable, there's really no reason for the devs to pull the plug.

I'm quite happy with the monthly events we've had since Gaea took over. Colloseum is also a nice addition.

I actually fired up my iOS mini yesterday, after a long long time. Level 250 or so. It was painful.
    their is one problem with this: those that stille have plenty of quests/monsters to do are not the players that keep the wheels turning,most of them are f2p.
    those that keep the wheels turning (the p2p players) are done whit monsters/quest.

Blog Entries

I don't even know what part of my post you're referring to. Your spelling gives me a headache.

Everything I said was factual, so wtf are you arguing about?

I've spent easily a couple grand on the game since I started playing, and still have plenty to do.
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 03-07-2019 at 10:58 PM.
    ~VoV~

5. Default

I don't even know what part of my post you're referring to. Your spelling gives me a headache.

I've spent easily a couple grand on the game since I started playing, and still have plenty to do.
    I believe that the part of your post Hansa was referring to was this:

So as long as the game stays profitable, there's really no reason for the devs to pull the plug.
    Essentially arguing that those who keep the lights on, namely the people who spend a couple grand a month rather than in their entire career, are effectively done with all the content that the game offers and as such the game's profitability is actually suffering.

I'm not entirely sure if I agree with that logic myself however.

While I would gladly concede that this group of players would have completed the "static" content in the game, I would argue that what keeps those players spending money at the moment is the event related content that we keep getting. I would further argue that in the case of CA this form of content is the best way to keep that group spending money on the game. Any other form of content would either have to be setup in such a way that whales blow through it in a matter of hours-days OR it has to be set up in such a way that F2P players spend an eternity completing that content (causing them to burn out in the process). Sadly whether we like it not CA is a form of game from a generation where "grinding" was the main thing that the games were capable of providing. Outside of the battle formats there is no real challenge in the content the game offers and I honestly don't see that ever changing. Its far better to just offer a limited time carrot and prey on the FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) that drives all whales.

(Yes, I recognize that the above sounds kinds scummy.)
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Appreciate the replies guys. I just think the game needs to be more welcoming for newcomers which i think will be better in the long run, more profitable to if old players like myself get tired of seeing the same guilds and monsters and end up losing interest in buying FP or even playing anymore. quests are pretty much abandoned now for the most part.

i'm not saying they should get rid of the bonus rewards for promo's or events for spenders who financially support the game but i think they should put in a little more effort into certain areas, people have been asking for another guild battle season for quite awhile now and i think that would definitely spice things up, maybe adding more brackets in regular battle to balance things out and find a solution to get new players interested in the game again.
    Feel free to add me - D96CFA

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ryan View Post
    plus once they reach LV 80+ their gonna get crushed by players way above their levels who go for campaign kills.
    I personally don't find a problem with getting crushed by a higher level, but there should be a limit to how low you can go. I see it on my feed daily: attacks from someone who is at least 700 levels above me.

Should be okay too IF match ups were available to get them (festi) points back. But dammit, all I see on my list are usually unicorns!

i will stop commenting on youre post. as my bad english hurts youre brain.
    or we can use greenlandic.
    then you can do me the same favor,stop commenting on mine.
    and yes shadow reaper got my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    I believe that the part of your post Hansa was referring to was this:

Essentially arguing that those who keep the lights on, namely the people who spend a couple grand a month rather than in their entire career, are effectively done with all the content that the game offers and as such the game's profitability is actually suffering.

I'm not entirely sure if I agree with that logic myself however.

While I would gladly concede that this group of players would have completed the "static" content in the game, I would argue that what keeps those players spending money at the moment is the event related content that we keep getting. I would further argue that in the case of CA this form of content is the best way to keep that group spending money on the game. Any other form of content would either have to be setup in such a way that whales blow through it in a matter of hours-days OR it has to be set up in such a way that F2P players spend an eternity completing that content (causing them to burn out in the process). Sadly whether we like it not CA is a form of game from a generation where "grinding" was the main thing that the games were capable of providing. Outside of the battle formats there is no real challenge in the content the game offers and I honestly don't see that ever changing. Its far better to just offer a limited time carrot and prey on the FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) that drives all whales.

(Yes, I recognize that the above sounds kinds scummy.)
    i my self was a fairly heavy spender at one point, now i am what i will call a "promo spender" :-)
    and are done whit quest/monsters.
    in the beginning of the new events from new devs.i was also spending on those,
    but as the events are on "repeat" (like questlands/monsters, nothing new), that stopped to.
    think the top spenders in the game 10-20 players will keep spending to they or the game dies,
    but the rest are slowly spending less and less.
    because of the well know reasons: no new seasons/no new monster/no new questlands and a basic lake of new stuff that
    does not require you to sell youre first born, to get to the top in it :-)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    i will stop commenting on youre post. as my bad english hurts youre brain.
    or we can use greenlandic.
    then you can do me the same favor,stop commenting on mine.
    and yes shadow reaper got my point.
    Yeah, he gets your point. And you're wrong.

6* Oracle packs and monthly promos have encouraged more spending from regular players. Mystic Emporium also has people spending.
    ~VoV~