Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Festival Duel: WTF Happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    My concern is that the follower system doesn't seem to work (at least for me) and that means 1 less point on every victory (which would provide at least 1 point by itself); this, in the long run, means a lot more clicking.
    It works fine. However, you only get on extra point if you'd have gotten at least one point without the bonus.

Follower Count

100 - +1 Duel Battle Point on Offensive Victory (only works when earning at least 1 point in the battle.)

My follower list is currently empty. I don't remember when I last checked it or if it's something to do with the server maintenance.

Even though nobody is shown as a follower, if you have no followers, the list says 'empty', which is not the case now. Rank 13 and hitting down to rank 9 gives 2 points. Hitting rank 8 gives 0 points. Somewhere, the follower list is being accessed correctly.
    Last edited by Iswald; 03-10-2019 at 06:31 PM.

There are lots of high ranked accounts in Duel Champion which never put a defensive loadout on; many of them wear their weakest loadout set so people can farm a bit (don't be greedy).

While it is dissapointing to refresh several times without getting valid targets, do not give up, they are there for you.
    I just had the screen refreshing for the past two hours and nobody popped up that was either a high enough rank, or within 1000 of my level. This is not unusual since I started trying this again in January. Bad matches make it way more likely that people will be chained to death. I just try to keep my health low when not playing, and cross my fingers I don't have to give up too many points before I make the next hard level. They can chain me for days after that and I don't mind.

Maybe its working for everybody else, but I keep sending (and accepting) invites and my follower count doesn't move. It is at 85 and I see no changes, no matter if I use web3 of facebook.

Edit: just tested with random player who was willing to help. Got the message "You have joined your friend's Elite Festival Guard!" but no increase in followers. Will check again tomorrow just in case it takes some time to update.
    Last edited by Barathor; 03-10-2019 at 10:39 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by danellem View Post
    I play on a mac. Screenshot is easy. cmnd+shft+4. Click drag. Autosaves to desktop with screenshot/time/date stamp. Fill out form, attach file, presto. Very handy.

I just didn't know which thing would zero out this time. Demi points, festival, war, battle, loadouts, GC/FPs, items, lands...

Hmmm....might be why things have matched so bad lately. Older players getting zeroed out and not fixing the rank. They might have played past 7 when it first went live then quit, so that section could be light.

I wonder if I should start taking screenshots as well. Never had a problem with server maintenance before and I hope I don't start having one now. I'm actually happy if they do server maintenance, demi-points are reset which gives easy FPs. The last one even satisfied my OC-ness by sorting my items. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zaturn View Post
    The only people hitting me are level 1k-3k.

Now, if you want to rank up in Festival Duels, there are groups where you can effectively rank up on specify targets making it easier to rank up.

Welcome back!
    Thank you! Glad to be back. I'm actually debating with myself if I should just push for 1000 or just hide my toon every day as I rebuild. If I rush my leveling I'd end up squishier than I am now. (Only have 2500+ effective attack.) Anyway, thanks for the tip. I'll look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfscion View Post
    I'm sure most know this anyway, but my strategy is to stop monster hunting and devote myself to DC fulltime until I make the next protected rank, then take a break for awhile, or a year, or more... but it's important to make that protected rank. People can chain me all day after that, who cares?

If you find a good opponent who is also in a protected rank, there is a good chance they aren't actively battling in DC, and you might politely and sweetly ask them if they'd mind letting you chain them. If they're nice, they'll hit you back once so you have them bookmarked on your battle news so you can keep chaining them. If you can cultivate a small group of like-minded friends, you can go round robin, chaining each other until the next protected rank, then let the others chain you, etc.
    Time to make new friends I suppose. *grin Most of the folks I played with before have retired and the guild is only active so much, but we're there for nostalgia. lol Anyway I'm around 3000 points past Defender (Rank 8! My bad, I counted wrong.) and I'd hate to lose that much. *sigh

I don't mind getting chained but what I don't like is that these players are hundreds of levels above me.

There are lots of high ranked accounts in Duel Champion which never put a defensive loadout on; many of them wear their weakest loadout set so people can farm a bit (don't be greedy).

There are also a lot of high level players which might seem unbeatable but have been on "pray-only mode" for several years and anyone with Ouroboros gear and a few Chaos gems will crush them (imagine if you have a few legendary alchemies!)

While it is dissapointing to refresh several times without getting valid targets, do not give up, they are there for you.

My concern is that the follower system doesn't seem to work (at least for me) and that means 1 less point on every victory (which would provide at least 1 point by itself); this, in the long run, means a lot more clicking.
    I need to keep grinding for better gear then. Already have Vargulis' rares and a couple of Chromus and Phantom gear as well. I'm sorry I cannot help you confirm if the follower bonus is working though. I'd happily add myself to your list if you want, least I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Edit: Btw what levels do you see on your Duel Champion opponents list? For now I haven't seen anyone under level 700, and I don't remember seeing low levels there. I would have thought that the level brackets worked the same as in regular Battle (when you hit level 900 you don't see people under level 700, or something along those lines... Or have I dreamt that?).
    I find it weird that dayrep is being hit by unicorns at around level 360.
    Edit2: Actually just saw players in the level 390 range.
    I usually see 1200s and 1500s. Once in a while, I get to see 700s but have yet to chance upon 300s.

I rarely see anything under 500, but when I do, I see whole screens of Rank 0-5, level 400-500, with maybe one Rank 10, 13 or 17. I feel bad for that person. They are usually nearly dead before I get there. But if I can get 10-19 points from them per hit...after two hours of waiting... sorry buddy.

This is one of those parts of the game I would like to finish and never look at again.

I also appreciate the re-sort of items at server maintenance. I do not understand the war on sorting in general. It's organized. Scratches the OCD itch.
    Last edited by danellem; 03-11-2019 at 04:29 AM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by danellem View Post
    Scratches the OCD itch.
    I can totally relate. lol