Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Festival Duel: WTF Happened?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Will Cochrane View Post
    It takes someone who has reached full level, willing to strip down, and low general to let others get good points. I only do it on direct request as Edea let’s me take no damage, and stay going longer. There is another, name escapes me at the moment that has helped a lot, to the toon of more than a million loses
    I don't mind doing that when I get to the top. But dammit! Them unicorns need to pick on someone their own level. It was not easy to rack those points back then, it's almost impossible now since there are no low levels playing FD.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowlearner View Post
    I was at rank 9 and trying to move up to get Kraxus. The last update/failure, they dropped me back to zero points. 7F130B. I have 40 duel points now because I have hit twice just to check the insanity. It's not the stamina spent, it's the time wasted.
    Oof! Sorry to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ryan View Post
    you have to keep refreshing the page until a list of people around your level come up.

lol

Srsly tho, I woldn't mind getting chained as long as I can rank up to get it done and over with. lol
    Last edited by dayrep; 03-09-2019 at 03:49 AM.

If you are a new player trying to rank up in DC it's next to impossible to get past rank 5 or 6 without dumping every single stat point into attack you get , and even if you did that you'd be sitting at around low levels with no stamina or energy to level up to get more stats using all your prays on attack. This is a fine whine game only , so don't ever expect to get anywhere when there are people constantly actively playing and as you get higher and higher in levels it just gets worse and worse, it will never get better for you. Those people are ranked for a reason in DC , old features are not meant for new players at all and should just stick to putting all your stats into 2000 energy and 1000 stamina then at least you can monster hunt if you enjoy that to eventually spend everything else into attack/defense. It's just like with Lands and Territories with older players easily making more then 10B gold a day for a free potion/crystal when it's there every single day while you wage around 1.6B with territories , it reminds me of wealth inequality lol.

I was at rank 9 and trying to move up to get Kraxus. The last update/failure, they dropped me back to zero points. 7F130B. I have 40 duel points now because I have hit twice just to check the insanity. It's not the stamina spent, it's the time wasted.
    You can send a ticket through the game Support or send a PM to Ghost Brotocol and they will give you your rank/points back:

http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...tenance-issues

I got dropped to zero last time, but I took screen shots before the maintenance, and reported it to tech support. Was fixed within the day.

Which reminds me, it's screenshot day again.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Alchemist View Post
    If you are a new player trying to rank up in DC it's next to impossible to get past rank 5 or 6 without dumping every single stat point into attack you get , and even if you did that you'd be sitting at around low levels with no stamina or energy to level up to get more stats using all your prays on attack. This is a fine whine game only , so don't ever expect to get anywhere when there are people constantly actively playing and as you get higher and higher in levels it just gets worse and worse, it will never get better for you. Those people are ranked for a reason in DC , old features are not meant for new players at all and should just stick to putting all your stats into 2000 energy and 1000 stamina then at least you can monster hunt if you enjoy that to eventually spend everything else into attack/defense. It's just like with Lands and Territories with older players easily making more then 10B gold a day for a free potion/crystal when it's there every single day while you wage around 1.6B with territories , it reminds me of wealth inequality lol.
    Was already at Rank 7 when I stopped playing a few years back. Thankfully I still am, just cannot find targets. But thank you for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by danellem View Post
    I got dropped to zero last time, but I took screen shots before the maintenance, and reported it to tech support. Was fixed within the day.

Which reminds me, it's screenshot day again.
    Curious. That's a bit tedious.

The devs should have a (mirror) image for each player so they can just roll it back to what it was before.
    Last edited by dayrep; 03-10-2019 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayrep View Post
    Was already at Rank 7 when I stopped playing a few years back. Thankfully I still am, just cannot find targets. But thank you for your input.

Curious. That's a bit tedious.

The devs should have a (mirror) image for each player so they can just roll it back to what it was before.
    I play on a mac. Screenshot is easy. cmnd+shft+4. Click drag. Autosaves to desktop with screenshot/time/date stamp. Fill out form, attach file, presto. Very handy.

I just didn't know which thing would zero out this time. Demi points, festival, war, battle, loadouts, GC/FPs, items, lands...

Hmmm....might be why things have matched so bad lately. Older players getting zeroed out and not fixing the rank. They might have played past 7 when it first went live then quit, so that section could be light.

Quote Originally Posted by dayrep View Post
    I hit 300 shortly before I stopped playing. There were a lot of active players within my level then. After 3 years, all I see are unicorns. Lowest I think was a 700-ish. So now my points are being leeched off by unicorns and I got no one to gain points from.

Have FD been closed off to new players?

(Currently lvl360. I'm slow leveling because I'm rebuilding my toon. And yeah I still want the hammer and Kraxus, despite him being weak by today's standards.)

I regret hitting slaughter pre lvl 300. The only people hitting me are level 1k-3k. If I knew it was going to be like that, I would of not push to hit rank 10. (Mind you I did it all within my level peer range with hard work and effort.)

Over 50+ levels, and with the help of chaos gems, I've manage to get my Edef to 12k+.
    I bounce most unicorns now, but still is sad that you don't contest with your peers. I understand that is the nature of the gauntlet.

Now, if you want to rank up in Festival Duels, there are groups where you can effectively rank up on specify targets making it easier to rank up.

"There is always a bigger fish"

Welcome back!
    Last edited by Zaturn; 03-10-2019 at 09:30 AM.

I'm sure most know this anyway, but my strategy is to stop monster hunting and devote myself to DC fulltime until I make the next protected rank, then take a break for awhile, or a year, or more... but it's important to make that protected rank. People can chain me all day after that, who cares?

If you find a good opponent who is also in a protected rank, there is a good chance they aren't actively battling in DC, and you might politely and sweetly ask them if they'd mind letting you chain them. If they're nice, they'll hit you back once so you have them bookmarked on your battle news so you can keep chaining them. If you can cultivate a small group of like-minded friends, you can go round robin, chaining each other until the next protected rank, then let the others chain you, etc.

There are lots of high ranked accounts in Duel Champion which never put a defensive loadout on; many of them wear their weakest loadout set so people can farm a bit (don't be greedy).

There are also a lot of high level players which might seem unbeatable but have been on "pray-only mode" for several years and anyone with Ouroboros gear and a few Chaos gems will crush them (imagine if you have a few legendary alchemies!)

While it is dissapointing to refresh several times without getting valid targets, do not give up, they are there for you.

My concern is that the follower system doesn't seem to work (at least for me) and that means 1 less point on every victory (which would provide at least 1 point by itself); this, in the long run, means a lot more clicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    My concern is that the follower system doesn't seem to work (at least for me) and that means 1 less point on every victory (which would provide at least 1 point by itself); this, in the long run, means a lot more clicking.
    Just tested, working for me. As a rank 7, attacking an opponent rank 11 (so 4 ranks above me) gave me +17 Champion Points.

Would have given me 16 without the bonus (https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Du...C2.A0needed.5D).

Edit: Btw what levels do you see on your Duel Champion opponents list? For now I haven't seen anyone under level 700, and I don't remember seeing low levels there. I would have thought that the level brackets worked the same as in regular Battle (when you hit level 900 you don't see people under level 700, or something along those lines... Or have I dreamt that?).
    I find it weird that dayrep is being hit by unicorns at around level 360.
    Edit2: Actually just saw players in the level 390 range.
    Last edited by gogoo; 03-11-2019 at 01:07 AM.