Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what to hunt? Legendaries - after a 5 year break

Quote Originally Posted by vos View Post
    - for health essence - should I hit alexandras? or what would be best? Obbviously want to farm essence while also getting IA or legendaries
    Defense and Health essence are also obtainable through Excavation quests. You will get def essence through monster hunting (Cronus Astaroth, and probably later Chromus), however I believe health essence is best obtained from excavation. Otherwise monsters which drop it are not very interesting and give only a low amount (less than half per drop compared to other essences).

Should be noted that as mentioned on the Daily Bonus page, Green Crystals also drop when collecting on excavation quests on Fridays and Saturdays.
    To get more essence/ene, it's better to reach level 3 completed (1800 ene) before collecting, however if you're more interested in green crystals, it's better to only reach lvl 1 and collect (only 300 ene for the same chance at a crystal).

- I have hit the caps for E/S using solara and hyacinth - so at least I'm maxed there for efficiency
    If you don't care about spending a lot, I believe it's absolutely not necessary to go above what you have in ene and stam indeed.

- interesting on Kobo - I need a LOT Of essence, I can see that clearly - I didnt realize his skill there for trading. I need to massively farm essence. I have a lot of essence unpurchased in conquest paths - but guild coins are a significant limiting factor.
    I'd advise against buying essence through the Conquest Path Shop, at least until you've bought all the good SP packs and the Elite conqueror / guardian / hunter equipment.

Btw you probably have a lot of attack & def so getting a lot of attack and def essence is definitely not the priority, for now you need pierce & resist and better gens. And essence will come naturally while you're reaching these other goals.
    What will make a difference in GB is the damage rune (and the health rune as well).

Attack and Def rune won't bring you that many extra stats since you're a high BSI player.
    Leveling Runes past level 150 becomes really hard (well I guess it's subjective but you need tons of essence) and to give you an idea, all Runes level 150 give:
    +745 Attack +745 Defense +596 Damage +596 Health

If your Runes are really low levels, it won't cost much ene / essence to gain quite a few extra stats though so trade away. But after a little while it's much better IMO to finish quests for SPs (and conq / guard / hunt paths) than to trade essence.

Kobo is definitely interesting but not an absolute necessity, especially since you won't level him up first anyway so his bonus will be around 5% probably. In the long term he's absolutely worth rolling for though.
    There are other things you must pay attention to when trading essence and it's Bloodlust (max 18% bonus) and the Arena rank of your guild (max 10% bonus): https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Tr...perience_bonus

- My gens also really, really suck - I did get barb up to level 5 for monster hunting - but I need to level him now, and crystals are limited.
    So you don't have Hero Crystals? If that's the case you may want to get them from Colosseum, you can easily get 12 each week (you get Honor points even if you lose). Unless you already want to stack up on Unbind Stones or really want to get as many Time Keeper copies as fast as possible.
    Last edited by gogoo; 03-07-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Blog Entries

Don't forget 10v battles for Hero Crystals. While this is slower than Colloseum, it still provides a steady stream of crystals.

You will need some Unbind Stones to save good gems, but for now, try not to forge anything you can't afford to lose anyway. Remember that runes always come back after salvaging, so no risk there.

For now, let your Campaigns guide your Guild Class. This will give you the chance to play around with all of them, and find what you enjoy & are best suited for.

Elite Path gear is a good start for Pierce & Resist, so do what you can on Paths.

Barby is easy to level, as far as XP goes. He'll require few potions. So set your sights on level 54 for him, then pick another general. Sano should be a top priority, unless you've finished questing. Again, 54 is fine, if you even need to take him that high. It is better to use potions on Sano, so that you can throw him in an alliance behind any general you want to level. Meekah is a good choice to level and promote, as are Daphne, Dolomar, and your best +dmg GB gen (Dienara or Gabby, for now probably).

You're likely better off doing Campaigns in Hard Mode, even if you don't complete them fully. Just work on the top row tasks, and one of the 3 monster tasks if possible.

Most importantly, have fun. Don't get overwhelmed with it all. Be as active as you can and it will all come together soon enough.
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 03-07-2019 at 01:30 PM.
    ~VoV~

Thanks for all of that monkeh.
    I am doing hard campaigns - and need those gems ASAP.
    I can do some health essence farming - but it seems like crap returns - I guess getting gems out of it helps, as I need those too.

"When we saw we were fighting a guild of 29, we said it would end in a slaughter. It did, but not quite how we thought."
    http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/...user=500580639

Phantom of Shadow drop health essence

Blog Entries

Phantoms also give some decent divine power loots.

Don't go out of your way to farm health essence, you'll likely get plenty of Leviathans in Mist.
    ~VoV~

I never see phantoms and we dont get Leviathans - smallest monster seems to be the rats in mist. so I can farm lots of vargulis and chronus, samael - thats pretty much our list in mist right now.
    Interestingly, I did some SP analysis for IA stuff - and I should likely hit some of the old elemental guys - Ghenena, aurora, valhalla in the annhilator archive.

"When we saw we were fighting a guild of 29, we said it would end in a slaughter. It did, but not quite how we thought."
    http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/...user=500580639

Blog Entries

Make sure you're hitting for enough damage to get the legendary drops, so you don't have to go back and do them all again later. Corvi is also decent for archives.
    ~VoV~