Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: multi account use

Default multi account use

it is not a secret anymore that most if not all top guilds use multi account and even pws some mains.
    my question is why? some guild even by the looks of it us some form of scripts. i can understand if you won something by doing so. but you do not win anything in CA only the "honor".
    so question really is what is the gain from it?
    as i see it in the long run their is only a lose from it.
    those that do not like playing against that kind off guild stops playing. (losing more real player).

2. Default

Some do it because they can't find enough players with the same goals for the guild. My guild has LOM as the focus, does no PvP, and has member dumps twice a month. It isn't easy finding players that will put up with that.

But if the guild members password-share, then obviously they've found people they can trust and work with, so there's no good answer other than they want to win at any cost.

Blog Entries

Many players have had multiple accounts since the early days of the game. Sure, some have cheated, but most simply enjoyed the game enough to experiment with a different build than their main character. The iOS app gave everyone the chance to have a legal mini. In fact it's basically forced upon anyone installing the app.

Some of us have played the game together for quite some time, investing time and money into our characters. As we move on to other games, or just have life get in the way, it seems like we're disappointing our Guildies and friends, so passing our accounts along to friends we trust just seems natural.

For those that continue to play accounts that didn't belong to them originally, there's always hope that your friends return, and you don't want their account left behind with advances in the game or events. It's actually fun playing a different build style or Class than you're used to, and playing the accounts side by side, it's easier to see flaws and limitations in either character. It seems like it would be much harder to play each account in different guilds, with different battle schedules. But trying to manage 2 or more accounts in the same battles all the time seems like it would be taxing as well, especially in close battles.

The competition out there isn't as fierce as it once was, so having that one extra account likely won't make the difference between a win and a loss. Of course when there are multiple people not only playing multiple accounts but sharing passwords on them as well, then battles become a joke.
    ~VoV~

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post

The competition out there isn't as fierce as it once was, so having that one extra account likely won't make the difference between a win and a loss. Of course when there are multiple people not only playing multiple accounts but sharing passwords on them as well, then battles become a joke.
    it is the last part one sees to much of now. wenn it is 1-2 players in a guild using 2-3 account, it is nothing gaming changing.
    but now it is more like 10-15 players using 2-4 accounts each + a few shared accounts.( you now those 3-4 meat shield warriors using guard,who.each day and every day is always online for all 3*100's and always the first aktivs).lol
    Last edited by hansa; 03-03-2019 at 01:18 AM.

To me, it's rare to see more than a couple active players in any of the guild battles. We aren't that high a level, but we have all been playing a long time.

Mostly we just want to get GC to be able to buy fun stuff and collect things. The rabid stuff is for the higher levels that spend a lot and take this stuff seriously. The rest of us are in it for the friends we made in the guild over the past 10 years, and the daily social aspect of it.

I do notice when they all have a naming convention or seem to be all from the same person. Doesn't bother me anymore.

The thing that has killed it for me is the harassment and bullying I run into from time to time. It would be nice to just block anyone from commenting on our personal keep wall that isn't within our guild. Leave the trash talkers for players that want that.

I hardly have time/money to keep one account competitive....how some maintain multiple accounts amazes me.

Quote Originally Posted by clintw View Post
    I hardly have time/money to keep one account competitive....how some maintain multiple accounts amazes me.
    well for the most parts those using multi account, only really play and improve 1 account, the rest are what they are, and also mostly stoppes been aktivs in battles if the are 0ed ;-)

Blog Entries

That's not usually true. What we see is high level accounts being given to players that have plenty of time to handle them. But they don't have the money to keep up the pace to level the account, so they have to play smarter and take advantage of events as they come along.

If they do spend money, it will likely be on their original account. But they'll do what they can to improve all the characters they play, in time.

And if they miss battles, then all of their characters miss the battles. So I think it all evens out.
    ~VoV~

Blog Entries

I'm not in favor of rampant password sharing. But as the GM and namesake of my Guild, considering my health issues, it would be irresponsible of me not to have an emergency backup. Someone has to have the capacity to run the Guild in my absence, and game mechanics give no other option.

But even if someone else were to play my account, they're not me. They don't have the ego driving the Guild. My account being active in a battle isn't the same as me being active and coordinating the battle. And this is true for everyone that leaves their accounts to someone else.
    ~VoV~

Blog Entries

I really see no point in trying to shame people that simply need the game and devote their time playing it, dedicating themselves to their Guild. These are often the people that provide the most valuable information on new game mechanics, such as General ability leveling, promotions, chaos gems, etc. These are the people that spend the most time playing the game and interacting with their Guilds, helping anyone they can.

When monster events come along, you need them to summon on all of their accounts and keep the public lists going.

Ok, so you can't beat them. Get your coins and move on with your life. Don't treat them like degenerates because of your inadequacies.
    ~VoV~