Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battling in Colo can be fun and frustrating

Default Battling in Colo can be fun and frustrating

I am the Mage with Enrage who wants to be last man standing for my team and hopefully the opposing team does not have active Rogues or Clerics. I listed my strategy in this post:
    http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...ng-for-my-team

I am now ranked in Diamond III and am out-gunned since I donít have the right legendary gears, enough legendary gems, or a stout PvP build. My hybrid build is more comfortable in Platinum rank. The battles in Diamond rank is a slugfest. I only partake once I get my Enrage charged up (I generally canít break my opponents when they are in a defensive loadout!). I now use 3 loadouts and start by hitting from a defensive loadout with offensive gear (except for the plate & helmet as I have my defense & health runes). After my Enrage charged up, I switch to a full defensive loadout with my best defensive gear, e.g. the Mursí doctrine of hitting from a defensive loadout. My last loadout has Daphne in the alliance with my dmg rune in my Deathgaunlet to help absorb the onslaught of hits ... I take a lot of pounding when I am the last healthy defender for my team.

I still believe Colo (or 100v & Classic) is mainly about damage & health, e.g. you have to kill your opponents & resist dying in the process. Since Colo started, I have been working hard building my damage & health runes. I am also trying to lvl up Alloken & Daphne (who is one copy away from 7 stars) & gave up trying to lvl up Hera without potions.

The good news is matching for me in Diamond involves mostly fair or balanced teams. You get the occasional mismatch or you lose because of inactives, but for the most part it is a slugfest of two teams trying to remove health and recovering health (when we have an active & healthy Cleric lol). In some of these battles, you can sense ďalphaĒ-battlers who hate to lose. The nice part is the battlers switch teams in future battles. In a way, we kind of run into each other a lot!! Most of my opponents come from Eagles or
    Amicus FPF.

I have had great battles where our team comes from behind and win and in one example Shaw leaves a comment on my wall about winning the ďepic battleĒ. Another nice comment is when Metalslug from WB invites me to join his guild because they need a Mage. Sorry, I but I had to decline since I donít play Mage except in Colo.

I play Mage but I donít use Confuse (partly because my Syren sucks donkeyís rear end) and lots of Mages love to cast confuse. If Warlord from Reds is on the other team, then itís a race for me to charge my Enrage while I stun him (I deal about 1K+ per hit) while he is firing off confuse with a buff of 89%+ chance on each of my next 5 tokens. But you donít kill people with confuse. A lot of times, I stun him and a lot of times thereís this pink-colored confuse icon on my toon. Again, my belief is you have to kill people. Roughly 1K of damage per 2 tokens is pretty good at stunning most of my opponents, especially enemy Clerics.

Btw, itís the same situation against Warriors. I need to get my Enrage charged while killing the active Warriors. That same enemy Warrior is trying to stun me before he bounces once my Enrage buff is high enough and then he switches to use WW splash to stun me. I read the attack log to get a sense of the damage inflicted, who had a doing what, etc. My doctrine is to do one thing (get my Enrage buff high ASAP) and do it well that most times I donít even know who my teammates are during the first 20 tokens.

So I will end this post with a recent battle from this week. I am the last man standing for my team and the last healthy opponent is an inactive lvl 2200+ Mage with over 22K health who is anchoring their tower. I see the typical scenario replay itself as the four active but stunned opponents switch to Jera, Gabriella, Deianira, etc and start wailing at me with non-stop hits to zero me out. You get 10 tokens every 2 minutes so 40 enemy hits are coming at me every 2 minutes and there is only so much my Daphne can do.

So I read the attack log to get a sense of the damage per hit and decide whether to add Jera or Krystalia to the alliance. Donít worry, I have a MORON as a teammate named Barney from Organized Chaos (currently lvl 1300) [A]. Barney, the Village Idiot battler of Castle Age, has put up Jera and the attack log tells me Barney dropped 10 tokens and bounced all 10 times. Each bounce resulted in a Mage Splash that cost 60 health. In plain English, Barney from Orangized Chaos just STUPIDLY remove 600 health from my toon or 10% of my toonís health (and possibly another 600 health in the next 2 minutes by my teammate from HELL!!).

Long story short. I won the battle for my team with 826 health remaining. I had to zero out the remaining enemy battler but I was unsure about my health or that we would win given that Barney from Organized Chaos was acting as a fifth column.

[A] I used the hotlink from the attack log to post on Barneyís wall to tell him to knock it off with the bounces. Barney subsequently didnít like what I wrote. I understand the screen may jump and you may hit the wrong button once or twice, but IMO Barney clearly dropped 10 tokens fully knowing he would bounce each time. All the other opponents were stun, the last active opponent had a defensive loadout with Kath showing and was over 900 lvls above Barney.

Blog Entries

I play Warrior. I'm in the keep for 100v, so Colloseum is really the only time for my Butcher to shine. So it's a matter of Jera/Deimos/Meekah or Meekah/Jera/Butcher to Whirlwind with.
    ~VoV~

warlord from reds, might have many tacticīs it is a shared account,lol

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    warlord from reds, might have many tacticīs it is a shared account,lol
    Don't you just want to shake Barney's hand?

OP missed a big point. Waiting 30 minutes for a match to start ... In the time it took to write that wall of text he could have had two, maybe three battles.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Blog Entries

A lot of times I just click to join and get distracted anyway. Still get points.
    ~VoV~

5 quick losing battles will get me more points than 1 protracted winning battle so screw that tactics baloney, just random click and get the points anyway.
    You don't need strategy just perseverance and high boredom threshold to do well in Colon see um

Blog Entries

Agreed. If this is going to be a permanent feature, then there should be rewards that open up with each rank tier, just like every other PvP system.

Or something similar to Conquest Paths, but for each Class, as opposed to different ways of earning points.
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 03-02-2019 at 07:14 PM.
    ~VoV~

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    5 quick losing battles will get me more points than 1 protracted winning battle so screw that tactics baloney, just random click and get the points anyway.
    You don't need strategy just perseverance and high boredom threshold to do well in Colon see um
    I play to have fun. I didn’t play much the first two weeks of Colo because it was so buggy, e.g. you couldn’t drop tokens plus we had huge rollbacks. The best part for me about is to see how people build their toons, e.g. Duke of Dispel of AFPF is lvl 1950 and has huge battle health at 45,000 (he plays Warrior and uses Oberon).

I understand the win at any cost mentality. I also understand why you see a lot of inactive accounts like Wilbur’s toons from The Godfather Guild that now have TTK when the defend land in LoM.

I had a teammate Jack level 877 from Council of Caba Knights who bounced against a lvl 3000 Cleric from Eagles and we almost lost. So Jack tells me he did me a favor because of his low level, he saved me from WW. Except I had to tell Jack that we faced 5 Clerics and Clerics don’t WW. Jack is just like Barney who lies. Barney claims that battle never took place because she was quite embarrassed by her low battle IQ. Organized Chaos used to be a better guild when Axel was around.

I am using Colo as a scorecard. Since Colo started, my dmg rune went up 36 lvls and my health rune went up 48 lvls.

Lastly, don’t be surprised at the next Arena with so many low level toons using TTK.

[Edit] wanted to add Ninja Chicken at lvl 1049 is a tough toon but has low health. I cannot break him without Enrage.
    Last edited by Batw; 03-02-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    Agreed. If this is going to be a permanent feature, then there should be rewards that open up with each rank tier, just like every other PvP system.

Or something similar to Conquest Paths, but for each Class, as opposed to different ways of earning points.
    I got my TKK to 2* (mainly for the 60+ health) so I don’t need more TKK’s since I have Hera. I am playing Colo for the 5 SP’s and to stockpile Unbind stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    Don't you just want to shake Barney's hand?

OP missed a big point. Waiting 30 minutes for a match to start ... In the time it took to write that wall of text he could have had two, maybe three battles.
    I rather have an inactive teammate than a Barney. But you cannot avoid the Barney’s of the world where “Barney” is the fount of battle mental retardation in action.

A lot of people use Colo to work on their campaign mode so it’s not surprising to see a high level toon just casting Poly’s. At least the guy working on the campaign mode isn’t a “Barney”.

Btw, I was actually surprised Da W. would read my wall of text. Hmmm