Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: general alliances guidance

Default general alliances guidance

Looking for some data and best practices:

I know I need the following:
    PVP offensive (max attack against player)
    PVP defensive (max def)

General Defensive guild battles - (I think I need def + daphne + damage prevention?)
    General Offensive guild battles- (do I want to add in daphne here too?)
    Warrior - health
    warrior - first 5 hits
    warrior - regular confidence WW
    Warrior - Defense + meekah + daph?

Cleric - health
    Cleric - heal

rogue - poison
    Rogue - hit

Mage - confuse
    Mage - other powers

Monster hunter (I am leaning towards barb+ dolomar + 3rd general TBD)

Am I missing any cleric/rogue/mage builds for special abilities? I used to play as a warrior, but I'm a shrimp now, so I might need to use another build for a bit.

Finally - who should I focus on for maxing out (to 5*)? All gens, just some, and priority? I realize I need a LOT of piercing and elemental and other monster stuff, so I might lean towards monster hunting first to get some efficiency with stamina).

Also - any guides for hunting IA stuff?
    Any guides for hunting/collecting ingots, and elemental stuff?

Thanks!

"When we saw we were fighting a guild of 29, we said it would end in a slaughter. It did, but not quite how we thought."
    http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/...user=500580639

I'll just answer about Monster Hunting and IA.

Monster hunting:
    Yes, Barb and Dolo are the 2 best Favor Generals.
    The third general should / could be Sahar if your attack stat is low (<2k or 3k I'd say).
    Otherwise, the best option is Monkey King. Kinda hard to get copies of him though.
    The best MH general from far is Malekus. But you need him to be at least 3 stars to be better than a 5 or 6 stars Barbarus, so that's pretty much impossible for most people.

IA:
    I believe this guide is pretty damn good:
    Strategy Guides/Ultimate Monster Guide - Archive-Divine-Legendaries

About who to max out first:
    Personally I'd max out the MH generals first. More damage => getting good gear more easily over the long term. And good gear is important for PvP.
    (just realized you talked about that, I skipped that line when I first read your post...)
    The general alliance stats are a lot more important than the player's own stats for monster hunting, btw.

Edit:
    You're not asking about Chaos Gems I think, you probably read the "back after several years" thread, but just in case:
    http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...51#post3033151
    Last edited by gogoo; 02-27-2019 at 09:36 PM.

3. Default

For your offensive warrior the best options are Meekah, Jera(bonus damage +%of rune), Ameron (WW damage bump) in whatever order gives you the best stats, you can sub out Deianira or Attilus if you don't have the chest generals.

For health if you have the Festivus sword put Deianira first then Oberon and Excelsior (or whichever other health boost warrior you have) then switch to your offensive loadout before you swing but after the battle starts (be sure to have this loadout set 15 min before battle or no health bump)

I do a first hit with a Jera, Grombeard, Meekah alliance too because I can get the boost to leadership and then swap it for my usual offensive loadout.

Defensive you want someone with good pierce resist (Katherine is the go to) a deflect is nice (whoever you have Daphne is easy) and you want to keep Meekah in there so you don't lose your confidence boost.

Quote Originally Posted by bliiy View Post
    For your offensive warrior the best options are Meekah, Jera(bonus damage +%of rune), Ameron (WW damage bump) in whatever order gives you the best stats, you can sub out Deianira or Attilus if you don't have the chest generals.

I do a first hit with a Jera, Grombeard, Meekah alliance too because I can get the boost to leadership and then swap it for my usual offensive loadout.
    I play Warrior and am set in the Wall in 100v. I also use Grombeard in my alliance for the first hit, then I use Jera-Meekah-Ameron. Now, I use Jera - MK - Meekah. The extra hits from MK more than outweighs the loss from my Ameron.

In 10v10, I've hit for 16 tokens when I should have only got 10. I get upset if the MK buff doesn't give me at least 1 extra hit in the first 10 tokens.

I am like a damage dealer so it's really important that I try to stun as many enemy battlers in the first salvo of 10+ tokens.

Blog Entries

Any general worth using is worth promoting as much as possible. The new Mystic Emporium allows you to take monthly generals past 5*, as do the Oracle promos.

General stats are extremely important for monster damage, so promoting Barby, Dolomar, and your 3rd choice will all be good investments.

Pay attention to Events that come along. These can give generals as well as potions and crystals you'll need to get caught up, plus the occasional free chest roll.
    ~VoV~

Why is Barb considered so useful? I know his ability provides 3x hits for 3x the stamina, but what else does that do besides lessen the number of heals you have to do?

Quote Originally Posted by pull lead View Post
    Why is Barb considered so useful? I know his ability provides 3x hits for 3x the stamina, but what else does that do besides lessen the number of heals you have to do?
    he gives a damage bonus my barbie is only 6* level 74 but hes damage bonus wenn fully loaded(takes a few 100's stamina) is +21,9%

Quote Originally Posted by pull lead View Post
    Starting at lvl 5, Barb gives you extra bonus dmg for monsters but it takes some amount of stamina to get the full benefit. I have a 6 star lvl 80 Barb that awards a buff of +23.2% monster damage.

If you use 20 stamina hits (60 stamina in all), then after a while, every 2nd hit will award an essence drop (for mobs that drop essence) so you are more efficient at getting essences and associated drops (e.g. powder, crystals, etc). You now know when to stop hitting and hope the mob dies on the 2nd hit.

Since the Dev’s revised alliance rules that penalize generals with same/similar buff, you want a portfolio of monster hunting generals to maximize your buffs. Most monster alliance has Barbarus - Dolomar - Sahar or associated equivalents, respectively, in some fashion (not necessary in that order). My monster hunting alliance is Barbarus - Dolomar - MK.

The question to invest in Barbarus vs Dolomar when you can level only one general (e.g. you have limited resources) comes down to your preference (ideally, you want to level both).

Suppose I offer you a choice with a coin toss: heads you win $100 and tails you get $0. The Expected Value is $50, but there is some variance (risk) in this choice.

Now suppose, I offer you a guaranteed $20 rather than take the coin toss (where the EV is $50!!! and you could win $100!!!).

In that situation, I’ll take the guaranteed $20 because I am risk adverse. If you trust the math and use EV, then Dolomar wins. However, if you trust the math and use mean-variance or EV/Var, then Barbarus can win. Basically, we don’t live by EV alone.

Barbarus gives you a guaranteed monster dmg (after being charged up) while Dolomar with the critic hit buff gives higher EV in monster damage but has variance (e.g. you could go 10 to 20 hits without a critical). I like to plan ahead so knowing the floor value of stamina needed makes Barbarus the head of my alliance (and saves me energy for healing). I am the type of player who plans 100+ lvls ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    The question to invest in Barbarus vs Dolomar when you can level only one general (e.g. you have limited resources) comes down to your preference (ideally, you want to level both).
    Also Barb requires a lot less XP to level up compared to Dolomar, so you will get him to a higher level more quickly => Better stats => More damage. Even though at some point your general level will most likely be limited by crystals and not by his XP.

Furthermore, if you are interested in his "Power Attacks x3" ability, he needs to be the master of the alliance. And it's better to level up first the general you know will be the master, for better alliance stats.

Blog Entries

Make sure you check out the 100v donation rewards. I think Sano is in there.
    ~VoV~