Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back after several years away

Default Back after several years away

Hi, I decided to log into web3 today just to see if people were still playing much CA these days and it looks like it is still active. I've been away for about 4 years and I have to admit, it hurt a little bit to see the old Arena vanguard/alpha vanguard generals for sale in chests after going through such a hassle to get them back in the day, haha.

Anyway, I think I'm going to play for a bit and saw that you can now spend gold on stuff at the Mystic Emporium. Since I haven't collected gold in several years I have about 12.5 trillion of it and was wondering what people recommend using that on. Are there generally better gold purchasable items that appear in the Mystic Emporium that are better than others?

Any guilds interested in a casual player around level 1000?

Hello and welcome back!

If you have trillions of Gold, you can pretty much buy everything that comes up for Gold in the Mystic Emporium.

You can check everything that can appear in it on the wiki, along with their probability of appearance:
    https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Mystic_Emporium

Most of the stuff for Gold is Wood & Iron, but you can also get crystals or potions sometimes.

You can also use your Gold to improve your weapons stats with the new Enhance feature (check the wiki as well for more info).

Quote Originally Posted by pull lead View Post
    Are there generally better gold purchasable items that appear in the Mystic Emporium that are better than others?
    The most common things sold for gold are iron and wood. You will fill up on those really fast.

Hero crystals and potions of all colors are also sold for gold. If your character is playing under the old inflated land economy, all of those items are worth spending the gold.

You won't find any generals or chest rolls sold for gold -- only favor points.

Thanks for the info... That's really helpful that you can upgrade equipment for gold now! I have some very old equipment - here's what I'm currently using:

Weapon: Living Death (50/28)
    Off-hand: Vanguard's Wand (60/48)
    Helmet: Legends Blighthelm (100/100) - still pretty good it seems!
    Armor: Legends Wargear (55/40)
    Amulet: Retribution Amulet (32/33 +20 phys resistance) / Warbringer Pendant (41/38 +20 phys pierce)
    Magic: Whirlpool (30/38)
    Glove: Retribution Gauntlets (15/15 +20 phys resistance) / Vanguard Gauntlets (25/25)
    Boots: Retribution Greaves (4/5, +20 phys resistance) / Warbringer Greaves (5/3 +20 phys pierce)

In order to get myself some decent gear soon, I was looking to go after the following equipment. Please let me know if this stuff is harder to get than just whacking/healing a monster for the min required damage like it used to be.

Weapon: Flamebound Halberd - rare drop from Vargulis & Legion Skyslicer - rare drop from Samael
    Off-hand: No easy replacement
    Helmet: No easy replacement
    Armor: Wormhide Breastplate - rare drop from Ouroborous
    Amulet: No easy replacement
    Magic: Windflame - rare drop from Samael
    Glove: Flamebound Gauntlets - rare drop from Vargulis
    Boots:Stick with what I have because of the resistance/pierce?

Is resistance and piercing still as important as it was 5 years ago?

Yes, still are.
    The most important thing right now is having slotted items, (the more slots the better) in order to place Epic Chaos gems inside, (at least in one of them) by doing Campaigns.
    More here ---> https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Chaos_Campaign
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Short answer coz I'm going to sleep:

Yes, Vargulis and Samael gear is pretty easy to obtain and it's decent gear. Ourobouros gear is great but well, it takes a bit more time to obtain as you can't fight as many as want quickly.
    Phantoms are nice if you need easy Divine Power. Also great gauntlets.

I think resistance and piercing are even more important since you can get a lot of it with Chaos Gems (check Chaos Campaign on wiki).

You can check all the features of the past 2 or so years on this page:
    https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Castle_Age_Chronology

Welcome back! Be sure to start your campaign to begin farming shards or chaos gems. When I came back from my break of the game, the chaos gems were out for about a year.

Chaos gems wiki, https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Chaos_Campaign

*Edit, just notice chaos gems was already mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadasmax View Post
    The most important thing right now is having slotted items...
    As Fadasmax mention slotted items are HUGE. Recent arena reward amulet, with terrible stats
    (low resist and can only slot piercing gems offsetting the innate resist on it, currently using hydra amulet with much higher resist), but comes with a slot.

Slotted an Epic chaos gem into my amulet for my attack loadout, the trash item now becomes "good" with a slotted epic chaos gem.

At this point, as I have mentioned before, a MAGIC item with 0/0 stats but with a socket would be great for the sheer fact that you can socket an epic chaos gem into it.
    Last edited by Zaturn; 02-26-2019 at 02:39 AM.

Very interesting. Is it reasonably possible to pursue these chaos gems without buying a bunch of FP? I accidentally selected the Hard Chaos campaign - suffice to say I won't be completing it this month heh.

Very interesting. Is it reasonably possible to pursue these chaos gems without buying a bunch of FP? I accidentally selected the Hard Chaos campaign - suffice to say I won't be completing it this month heh.
    I ignored campaigns for a long time thinking I had to complete everything to get credit. You don't. Just complete the individual ones that you believe you can complete. You will build shard credits to build a gem.

For most of the "top row tasks" (the one not involving killing monsters) the use of FP won't be necessary.

The Campaign difficulty you choose depends on whether you are able to fully complete the Campaign (which will give you a Chaos Gem), or whether you're just doing some of the tasks (which will give you shards, once you have 1000 of them you can alchemize them into a Gem: https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Chaos_Campaign#Shards).

If you can't / don't want to fully complete Campaigns, I strongly suggest choosing Hard Campaigns.
    Each of the top row tasks gives 60 Epic Shards.

While top row tasks from Normal give only 40 Rare Shards, and those from Easy Campaign only 20 Common Shards.

So by doing Hard Campaigns, not only will you get better shards, you will also get a lot more of them for each task.

On the other hand, if you aren't able to fully complete a Hard Campaign, but you can complete a Normal Campaign for instance, I believe it is definitely better to choose the Normal Campaign.

Not sure about the Easy Campaign - personally even if I could complete them fully, I'd rather go for the Epic Shards from the Hard Campaign.

Notes:

As for now you don't have any Gem, you shouldn't care much about the slots in your equips for now IMO. Just get the easy gear from Vargulis / Ourobouros / Phantoms.
    Once you have that, you can then focus on what you want next.
    Btw, Legendary Chaos gem (obtained by alchemizing 4 Epic Gems together - you probably won't have one any time soon) can only be forged on Legendary equips (cf. one of the alchemy tabs in-game: https://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/alchemy.php?tab=4 or on the wiki: https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Al...endary_Recipes)

You can check equipment with slots on the Forge wiki page:
    https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Forge

And equipment with Pierce or Resist on this page:
    https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Pi...ance#Equipment

Also, idk how things were when you left concerning Monster Hunting, but General stats play a huge role in the damage you'll deal (much more than your own stats).
    Best non-chest non-"legendary" generals for Monster Hunting are Barbarus and Dolomar.
    A good MH alliance can easily reach 2k+ atk (for instance an alliance with Barbarus-Dolomar-Sahar all lvl 79 and 5 stars will have 2737 atk without any "Aggressive General Boost" from equips or Gems).
    Last edited by gogoo; 02-26-2019 at 10:41 AM.