Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Katherine Promo Pack back for the 2nd time; Nightmare Treasure Chest back for the 3rd

Default Katherine Promo Pack back for the 2nd time; Nightmare Treasure Chest back for the 3rd

So the Oracle General Packs cycle may be starting over. If so, Barbarus and Dolomar are not far down the road.
    (you can see the full list here: https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Or...Generals_Packs)

For those who haven't got their hands on the first promo pack for these 3 heroes, great!

For those who already have them at 6 stars however, you'll still need to get 5 more copies in addition to those from the promo in order to be able to promote them to 7*.
    This means getting them from the Mystic Emporium (ME) or waiting for yet another promo pack...
    In both cases, this is going to take a (very) long time. Their appearance rate in the ME is very low, and it took 1.5 year to get this second Kath promo pack.

For other heroes, like Meekah who might be next, getting them from the ME is a lot more feasible so buying the promo pack is probably a good idea if you want to promote them further than 6 stars.

They skip over many more desirable generals:

. Bogo
    . Jezzale
    . Joan
    . etc

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post

. Bogo
    . Jezzale
    . Joan
    . etc
    As a narcissist let me take all the blame, nothing seems to inspire current events more than my insistence that they are a mistake.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    As a narcissist let me take all the blame, nothing seems to inspire current events more than my insistence that they are a mistake.
    Now's your chance to not have a loser 5* Kat.
    ~VoV~

Now's your chance to not have a loser 5* Kat.
    I'll never impress Mursilis so what is the point?

I just wish BATW would tell us what to do already.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

. Bogo
    . Jezzale
    . Joan
    . etc
    I see those three in the Mystical Emporium all the time, so a promo pack for them seems redundant. If people wanted a 6* one, they could have one already without much effort. It's the hard to get generals that the promo packs are most useful for.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"

. Bogo
    . Jezzale
    . Joan
    . etc
    Lets be honest, most generals are more desirable than Katherine, the developers are noobs at their own game or just flat lazy.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    Lets be honest, most generals are more desirable than Katherine, the developers are noobs at their own game or just flat lazy.
    Many people already have a leveled up Kath. Even if another general would be a bit better, like The Time Keeper (TTK), it's probably not a good idea to invest so many resources for such a small difference if you already have a lvl 79 or 80 Kath.

So this pack will probably sell.

Furthermore, for pure PvP Kath is still one of the best generals for defense since Hera was introduced.
    Because with Hera in your alliance, using a general like Ravendor instead of Kath is not optimal, or at least isn't much better than Kath (I think Kath is probably better).

So the best defensive alliances would be:
    1) Layla - TTK / Kath - Hera
    2) TTK / Kath - Hera - Azriel

TTK being a bit better but not worth the investment if you have a high level Kath already, as said above.
    Last edited by gogoo; 02-25-2019 at 02:53 PM. Reason: typo

9. Default

I don't have any inside information, but I'm guessing the Kath pack was brought out again as a one time thing, since she was the first released, and we'll see other new generals before we see any other repeat releases.
    * Stealth Moderator *

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Many people already have a leveled up Kath. Even if another general would be a bit better, like The Time Keeper (TTT), it's probably not a good idea to invest so many resources for such a small difference if you already have a lvl 79 or 80 Kath.

So this pack will probably sell.

Furthermore, for pure PvP Kath is still one of the best generals for defense since Hera was introduced.
    Because with Hera in your alliance, using a general like Ravendor instead of Kath is not optimal, or at least isn't much better than Kath (I think Kath is probably better).

So the best defensive alliances would be:
    1) Layla - TTT / Kath - Hera
    2) TTT / Kath - Hera - Azriel

TTT being a bit better but not worth the investment if you have a high level Kath already, as said above.
    If you're going to use Katherine, by all means use Katherine.

Just don't put her anyway where close to top 5 defense generals for current alliances.

To repeat the argument one last time, if she is in your alliance, then don't waste Fps buying this pack. In all likelihood you'll get more defensive value from 235 FPs by playing smart.

In terms of the alliances you've posted neither 1 or 2 make any sense.

A non wall who doesn't need the res but needs the stats may be another story, but seriously, who is a sponge worried about bouncing anyway.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link