Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current PvP formulas?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    Ok dorks, what are the current formulas for eAtk & eDef? Player stats (white & green), Hero stats, Gear stats, Physical/Elemental Pierce/Resistance all included?

I have the current formulas documented on the Wiki for Pierce and resistance...
    A few notes though:
    - Resistance is not quite as strong as pierce, its just a little weaker
    - The formulas build a theoretical Eatk and Edef number... Those numbers are mostly relevant, however there is a modifier. If the attackers has Less Eat than the defender has EDef, BUT the attacker has more "combined pierce" than the defender does, then its still possible for the attacker to win..

Blog Entries

That BSI/LSI calculator is so outdated as to be useless for BSI...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Selecta View Post
    I was always lead to believe all stats are included. So yes (white & green) + hero and gear.

However I've never been sure how to add Elemental PP/PR
    to calculate the theoretical value (as opposed to the value in a toon vs toon match), you have to consider the threshold bonus. I have put tables and formulas on the castle age pierce page too help..

Basically you calculate the effective pierce for physical, then for each element and simply add the results together. The numbers are a lot bigger than just the base numbers because you get a threshold bonus which can be as high as a 2x multiple on each element.

Of course in a real battle, you have to net the effective pierce vs the effective resistance by element, apply the threshold bonuses, add the net up and thats what you use as a factor that vs the sub total of effective base attack and defense..

I put examples as well of two toons that are fighting on that wiki page as well, if you need more info let me know..
    Last edited by retribution@gmail; 02-25-2019 at 11:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Do Piercings boost raw attack, or what exactly?
    ~VoV~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    Do Piercings boost raw attack, or what exactly?
    No it uses total attack which includes:
    1. Raw attack
    2. Equipment attack values
    3.General attack values
    4. Gem additions to attack (e.g like +8% to base attack, or +8% balanced general boost, etc..)
    5. Item archives attack
    6. Rune attack
    7. general enhancers to attack (abilities)
    8. Anything else i missed
    9. All the same things above, defence values x 0.70 (70%)

That creates a "sub total" of your attack value. Once you have that you multiple that by the Effective pierce..

Total pierce by element is calculated from your generals, gems, equipment and anything else that adds to it...

In a PVP situation to get effective pierce you:
    1. Subtract your opponents resist value from each of the 5 totals of types of pierce/resistance for a net "vs" value for each element
    2. Calculate the effective boost on each element with the threshold bonus algorithm
    3. Add up the effective boosted values, which can be negative (e.g. your opponent has more resist)
    If the result s positive, multiple your sub total attack by (1+effective pierce), or if its negative multiple your opponents sub total of resist by the (1+Effective resist)..
    4. The final results are your effective attack vs their effective defense, 5% of that is added to one party or the other based on a random chance formula
    5. The winner ... wins
    Last edited by retribution@gmail; 02-27-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by retribution@gmail View Post
    2. Equipment attack values
    3.General attack values
    9. All the same things above, defence values x 0.70 (70%)
    Never thought it would take general alliance stats and equips stats into account
    Wasn't sure it was taking the 0.7*def either.

2. Calculate the effective boost on each element with the threshold bonus algorithm
    I still don't really understand how that threshold bonus works. I've read the wiki but it's still confused for me.
    I'll try to give it another read and probably come back with questions lol.

3. Add up the effective boosted values, which can be negative (e.g. your opponent has more resist)
    If the result s positive, multiple your sub total attack by (1+effective pierce)
    4. The final results are your effective attack
    To be sure I understood. If your sub total atk is 1000, and your effective pierce is 50 (made up number), do you do:
    EffAtk = 1000*51

Or do you do:
    EffAtk = 1000*1.50

?

5. The winner ... wins
    :'D
    Last edited by gogoo; 02-28-2019 at 07:59 AM.

Blog Entries

Thanks, ret.

So there is no multiplier for gear or general stats, like we found in War. Everything is linear, until the calculations for Pierce and Resistance come into play.
    ~VoV~