Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Slot Def Alliance Inquiry

Default 3rd Slot Def Alliance Inquiry

I haven't played around with alliances in a long time, but I did get a 3rd star for the Time Keeper and got curious.

My current best for my 3rd slot (behind Raven and Kendra) is a level 69 two-star Azriel.

7% of Divine Power yields 86.45% Physical Resistance.

Given how out of the loop I am I was curious what is an actual brag worthy 3rd slot?

Granted I also know that Raven and Kendra have also been replaced, and I don't know which generals people use Layla with, or how many stars she needs in order to be useful, etc.

I'm just curious what is peak defense now, but specifically I'm curious what maximum third slot benefit is at this point, what is honestly brag worthy?
    Last edited by Da Wimsta; 02-12-2019 at 10:56 PM.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

hera is a good 3rd choice, gives bonus to all elemtals so you get full bonus on all elemtals, if she is behind kat & TK.
    i use rav./kat./hera so only get 25% on the fire res. but it is a nice def. load-out
    whit her in 3rd and gems my elemtal res totals out at 900 ( over the 4 elemtals) + regular res ( not telling this one to,but it is ok nice ;-)
    Last edited by hansa; 02-12-2019 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    hera is a good 3rd choice, gives bonus to all elemtals so you get full bonus on all elemtals, if she is behind kat & TK.
    i use rav./kat./hera so only get 25% on the fire res. but it is a nice def. load-out
    whit her in 3rd and gems my elemtal res totals out at 900 ( over the 4 elemtals) + regular res ( not telling this one to,but it is ok nice ;-)
    Do you mind posting your actual bonuses, or potential bonuses?
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

i am by no means a wall. so my defensivs generals are not much to brag about. but looks something like this if it is all out defence(no meekah in the alliance,my by fare most brag worthy general L80 8*). L74 7* rav/L79 6* kat/L73 2* hera. that totals to: res +138,5 fire +84,76 other 3 elemtals + 72 each
    Last edited by hansa; 02-12-2019 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    i am by no means a wall. so my defensivs generals are not much to brag about. but looks something like this if it is all out defence(no meekah in the alliance,my by fare most brag worthy general L80 8*). L74 7* rav/L79 6* kat/L73 2* hera. that totals to: res +138,5 fire +84,76 other 3 elemtals + 72 each
    I used to enjoy this math so much, and I could do it quickly. I won't bother with asking you your stats to see if I think I can make recommendations for you. Though there would be a calculation for when Kat should lead vs. Ravendor, I'll assume you've done all that.

It is clear to me that TKK is just for getting fat.
    I see where there are some interesting combinations. Layla's ability isn't clear to me, clone of the ability, does it get reduced based on position or is the %clone ability?

Did anyone ever decide what the discrepancy between physical and elemental was?
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

as warrior i have 2 def. load-out one whit and one without meekah. kat. leads the one. so rav have to lead the other.
    TK is acturally good to put in 3rd in a warriors pre-battle alliance with oberon to raise health.
    i do not have layla so do not know her abilty.
    and i do think that not even the devs. them self can give a good respons to how the res/elemtal system really works. so i just go for high numbers.lol

In any event your loadout is far superior, and the 3rd slot question doesn't work the same.

138.5 Physical 212
    84.76 Fire 60
    72 Water 56
    72 Earth 0
    72 Wind 0

Seems pretty clear to me that 73 Physical is not better than 24 fire, 16 water, 72 Earth and Wind.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Layla ability enhanced two generals with different abilities. For example. Katherine Lv 4. +55 PR Hera Lv 4. +35 FR, +35 ER, +35 WaR, +35 WiR with Layla Lv 1. 40% Clone. You will get extra +22 PR, + 14 FR, +14 ER, +14 WaR, +14 WiR in the alliances. Layla, Katherine, Hera. In total you get +77 PR, +49 FR, +49 ER, +49 WaR, +49 WiR. It is nice bonuses however general alliance stats are rather low stats.
    Last edited by biscuit; 02-13-2019 at 06:37 PM.

As Hansa mentioned, Hera would be for the anchor position.

Strongest generals, alliance, in a DEFENSIVE loadout not taking into consideration their stars or stats, would be in my opinion... LAYLA, TK and HERA.

Accessibility, stars and stats taken into consideration, the strongest defensive loadout I come to is... Katherine, Azriel and Hera.

Both of my suggestions provide the most benefits of the alliance without incurring the penalty of the 50% or 33% reduction of their powers due to the alliance.

Da Wimsta has a strong alliance with his fire and water defensive generals with Azriel in the anchor position. Unfortunately his second general suffers in resistance power, taking a 50% reduction to form his alliance.
    Hera might not be the best option for DaWimsta's alliance given he already has 2 elements in his alliance, reducing Hera's power in the anchor position.

Given his situation I would opt for Azriel in the anchor position, but try to see if I can get a Kat,Az and Hera alliance going for a min-max defensive loadout.

As for strong Mini's everyone is running with a Kat/TK/Hera combination. It is a really powerful combination on the Mini stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post

It is clear to me that TKK is just for getting fat.
    I see where there are some interesting combinations. Layla's ability isn't clear to me, clone of the ability, does it get reduced based on position or is the %clone ability?
    Layla clones +40% of Alliance while as the MASTER.

Quick example. Layla, TK, HERA alliance. original general power(example, actually numbers are higher) TK(50 res/def/Hp) Hera(50 All element Res)

With Layla as the master, you alliance power would be TK+40%(50+20= 70 Res/Def/Hp) Hera+40%(50+20= 70 res all element).
    Last edited by Zaturn; 02-22-2019 at 09:04 AM.

The only reason to ever discuss Katherine is if you already have her, and have no or little reason to use resources on better defense generals. I think this is probably the most supreme point of defense related ignorance.

Katherine is straight Phys. Res.

in first slot she can't compete with any of the Elemental generals. They offer elemental and Physical.

in the second slot she can't compete with any of the Elemental generals. who will offer full element and some physical (if not all).

Same in the third slot.

Azriel will offer full benefit because "Convert 7% of Divine Power to Physical Resist" is a unique ability (in this case 2 star level 69) which isn't too bad with 1235 DP.

Katherine 102 Physical Res. 5 star level 80 can compete with Azriel in some applications, but will never be better than an elemental general, and does not beat Azriel 3rd slot.

Why would it be ok to use Katherine 3rd slot? The resources required to get another general ahead just might not be worth it.

So this is what happens when I switch between AZ and Kat

The difference is 52 Physical Resistance

With AZ

With Kat

the stat difference with Kat is 82 attack and 341 Defense better.

So the calculation for me is whether or not 52PR > 82A/341Def

52 PR is better than 398.4 Def from general's stats when Def Stat exceeds 7,662.

But does that make it worth it?
    Last edited by Da Wimsta; 02-22-2019 at 10:57 PM.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link