Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Syren

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Rabbit View Post
    I have heard this other people just need to use teamwork argument from confuse specialists in many places ... don’t assume it’s derived from any one person or any one post— especially when I use the plural
    Fair enough.

    Although that doesn't mean that the statement isn't true. It's the same as mages and clerics insisting that you need good/active rogues to get rid of DF and Enrage which is also true.

    The problem with Confuse however is that clerics aren't actually capable of dealing with Confuse due to being affected by the ability themselves.

    As far as I'm concerned, you fix that and you bring quite a bit of balance back to the game.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

    "Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    Fair enough.

    Although that doesn't mean that the statement isn't true. It's the same as mages and clerics insisting that you need good/active rogues to get rid of DF and Enrage which is also true.

    The problem with Confuse however is that clerics aren't actually capable of dealing with Confuse due to being affected by the ability themselves.

    As far as I'm concerned, you fix that and you bring quite a bit of balance back to the game.
    You are assuming that people have time to sit around and battle for hours at a time just to remove confuse. You say it's so easy to remove confuse but it can be 30-40 minutes before someone comes back to battle to remove that confuse. Confuse is the only ability where it is dependent on others to remove it. Plus so many people use scripts to confuse that it's a joke anyways. The second confuse is removed, it gets cast again. This is especially true in Colleseum where even if I am able to remove confuse on myself, I am confused instantaneously. Confuse is a bs skill that benefits the weakest of players since it gives a 50% increase in attack. You can say that focus attack can do the same, but the difference is that warriors don't have an ability such as enrage to increase their attack and then get an additional 50% attack bonus. Plus focus attack uses 2 tokens whereas confuse only uses 1. Also focus attack doesn't negate 50 tokens of your opponent. As I said before, if they want to keep confuse as it is, they need to decrease attack by 50%, not increase it by 50%. Also, they need to make confuse only worth 50 points so people don't run scripts the entire battle. Confuse is a scripters dream as it automatically gives 240 points to the scripter. Don't come back and say it isn't automatic because if you are a level 700, you aren't going to put in the script to try and confuse a level 8000.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John944615 View Post
    You are assuming that people have time to sit around and battle for hours at a time just to remove confuse.
    No, I'm not assuming anything of that nature. However, with good team play nobody has to wait for hours for confuse to be removed.


    Quote Originally Posted by John944615 View Post
    You say it's so easy to remove confuse but it can be 30-40 minutes before someone comes back to battle to remove that confuse.
    Actually, I quite literally said that confuse is -not- easy to remove because clerics are themselves also affected by the confuse.

    However, once that little issue is taken care of then it should be quite easy to remove confuse indeed and with proper team play it shouldn't take 30-40 minutes to remove it either.


    Quote Originally Posted by John944615 View Post
    Confuse is the only ability where it is dependent on others to remove it.
    No, it isn't. You can take the five hits, take the risk of hitting yourself, and then it's gone. You don't -need- a cleric to remove it.

    Granted, it's not the most efficient way of spending your tokens (especially given the high confuse percentages now a days) but you certainly aren't dependent on anyone to get rid of it.


    Quote Originally Posted by John944615 View Post
    Plus so many people use scripts to confuse that it's a joke anyways. The second confuse is removed, it gets cast again. This is especially true in Colleseum where even if I am able to remove confuse on myself, I am confused instantaneously.

    ...

    Also, they need to make confuse only worth 50 points so people don't run scripts the entire battle. Confuse is a scripters dream as it automatically gives 240 points to the scripter. Don't come back and say it isn't automatic because if you are a level 700, you aren't going to put in the script to try and confuse a level 8000.
    I'm sure that we've been over this before but...

    If you have -proof- of scripting then send it to Ghost and he will forward it to the devs.

    If you are seeing some very suspicious activity in the game that -might- indicate scripting, again, forward data on it to Ghost and he will forward it.

    However, Just thinking that someone is scripting is not proof. Just seeing someone put out tokens faster than you isn't proof or suspicious. Just seeing someone confuse you over and over also isn't proof of scripting.

    Essentially, if you are going to make accusations then at least have -something- for the devs to look at to back up the claim.

    That doesn't mean that scripting isn't taking place mind you. In fact, I'm 100% sure that there are at least some scripts running. The game is simply to easy in terms of allow it. However, without proof or a "smoking gun" there isn't much that can be done about it.
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 02-12-2019 at 05:44 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

    "Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

  4. #24

    Default

    Why because you script? You know no matter what proof you give, the developers aren't going to do anything about it. Everyone even knows that dead accounts are playing but the developers want a death certificate for proof. How are players supposed to get a death certificate for people they met on the internet? It is obvious when there are scripters. You remove a confuse and instanteously you are confused again. Are you telling me that mages are sitting there refreshing every second to see if a confuse is removed and checking every gate every second? You obviously know nothing or are just like those scripters in arena that keep wanting defensive wins because they are just defending themselves.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John944615 View Post
    Why because you script? You know no matter what proof you give, the developers aren't going to do anything about it. Everyone even knows that dead accounts are playing but the developers want a death certificate for proof. How are players supposed to get a death certificate for people they met on the internet? It is obvious when there are scripters. You remove a confuse and instanteously you are confused again. Are you telling me that mages are sitting there refreshing every second to see if a confuse is removed and checking every gate every second? You obviously know nothing or are just like those scripters in arena that keep wanting defensive wins because they are just defending themselves.
    If scripts were so obvious then everyone would be able to post actual proof of it happening. Data that without a reasonable doubt proves that someone is in fact scripting. As it stands all we see is people posting about suspecting that people are scripting, accusing others without having any kind of proof. And how could they do otherwise? Realistically speaking only Gaea can come up with actual proof as they are the only ones that have logs for server activity. That means that all we can truly do is present them with a "smoking gun", something so obviously strange that it warrants looking into.

    For example, your confuse example. I have seen it happen that targets get confused quickly after a confuse is removed or cleared. It's not that hard to do and there are definitely people who do that. However, if you managed to get a cleric to cleanse you and they spent say 5-10 tokens cleaning you inside a few minutes only to have confuse be re-cast almost instantly each time by the same account then -that- right there would be a "smoking gun". In such a situation something fishy is going on and you should gather your battle id, guild id, your own account id, copies of the battle log and the time and date when it happened. Then send all of that to Ghost and explain what you experienced. That is the kind of stuff to get Gaea to look into. However, if you're only seeing confuse get put back quickly with say 15 minutes apart (since you might have had to wait for a cleric to have a token) then that is not at all suspicious enough to warrant looking into.

    As for dead player accounts, imho those aren't an issue as long as they remain one account played by one actual person. Especially if they also keep spending to keep the lights on this game. However, if that account is passed around between a 100 people in a guild or, even worse, is sold off for money -that- is when it becomes an actual problem. Of course in that case if becomes a case of account sharing which in itself is difficult to get any kind of data on by us (and even Gaea). It's not like we're going to get a signed confession. So to be honest, I am glad that Gaea would not just take our word for it if accounts are pointed out as being played by someone else. (They also could be doing more to look into such reports and actually try and ban accounts that are being shared but that is another discussion which is quite complicated and shouldn't be had in this thread.)

    Now as for what I know or not, I know that years ago I was like you. I accused everyone of cheating when they did what I thought to be impossible. Then I learned what teamwork could really do in this game and I didn't (and still don't) accused anyone of cheating again unless I had actual evidence to prove that they were cheating. I understand that a lot of things may seem impossible while they really aren't. That doesn't mean that I'm not aware that things like scripting are a real thing, it just means that I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

    "Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    20,288
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Confuse has always been overpowered and really just a pain in the ass all around for anyone on the wrong side of it.

    It never should have taken 5 tokens to free yourself from Confuse. A 1:1 or maybe even 1:2 tops, so that it can be used strategically to thwart the opponents' attacks, but not 1:5.

    There should be absolutely no attack buff given when using Confuse. Mages can simply Polymorph the opponent and then Confuse them if necessary.

    Worst of all is the frustration of spending so much time in battles to be cheated out of coins because Poly and Confuse both give only 50 points when you hit yourself, as opposed to the 100 points you would get by bouncing on a target. That has never made sense.
    ~VoV~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •