Thread: Unable to load game

Hybrid View

1. Default Unable to load game

I haven't logged in through PC facebook in a long time. I attempted to do so yesterday and it doesn't load, just goes to a completely blank white screen. I fiddled with a bunch of settings to try and get it working, including blocking it and un-blocking again. Since this point I can not access the account through mobile either. At first it attempted to load the game but then jumped back to log in screen. And now it says facebook session expired. So I have completely lost access to my character.

Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Piesk View Post
    I haven't logged in through PC facebook in a long time. I attempted to do so yesterday and it doesn't load, just goes to a completely blank white screen. I fiddled with a bunch of settings to try and get it working, including blocking it and un-blocking again. Since this point I can not access the account through mobile either. At first it attempted to load the game but then jumped back to log in screen. And now it says facebook session expired. So I have completely lost access to my character.

Please help!
    Isn't it more a FB issue than a CA issue?
    Do you have any problem loading other FB pages/games?

Other than that, maybe try:
    - Disabling you ad-blocker (not sure whether that's what you were referring to in your post so you might have done that already)
    - Clearing your browser cache (you can press Ctrl+F5 when you on the page you want to clear the cache just for this page)
    - Clearing your browser cookies (you'll have to log back into your accounts on websites where you usually remain logged in)
    - Updating your web browser to its latest version, and/or maybe try accessing CA through another browser (Firefox or Chrome e.g.)

That's all I can think of right now.

Then when you have access to your account again, I suggest you go to the "Crusaders" page (https://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/crusaders.php) and create "castle age login credentials" so you can then login into your CA account outside of FB, through this website:
    https://web3.castleagegame.com/castl...nect_login.php
    Last edited by gogoo; 01-30-2019 at 02:26 PM.

3. Default

Only CA won't load, other FB games load fine. I have cleared cookies and cache, haven't disabled adblocker, but given that the same thing happens on all browsers and multiple different computers I'm not sure that is the problem (will try). Am familiar with web3 but didn't really want to create an email just for CA. It may come down to that thought by the looks of it, have managed to re-gain access by Iphone by re-installing the app, but some features flat out don't work on my Iphone app, like LoE, so the hunt continues.

Thanks for your reply!

Only CA won't load, other FB games load fine. I have cleared cookies and cache, haven't disabled adblocker, but given that the same thing happens on all browsers and multiple different computers I'm not sure that is the problem (will try). Am familiar with web3 but didn't really want to create an email just for CA. It may come down to that thought by the looks of it, have managed to re-gain access by Iphone by re-installing the app, but some features flat out don't work on my Iphone app, like LoE, so the hunt continues.

Thanks for your reply!
    You're welcome

Hmm that's a tough one, I'm afraid I can't help you further than that!

About web3, you don't need to create an email just for CA. You can use the same email you use for your FB account, for instance. Unless what you mean is that you don't want to use your regular email address for CA. I can tell you they never sent anything to the email I used for web3, if that matters.

Edit:
    Btw, if that's initially a FB account and you can access it from the iPhone app, I believe it means you already created a Crusaders account? If you use "Castle Age login" on your app, I'm pretty sure you can use the same credentials to login on web3.
    Last edited by gogoo; 01-30-2019 at 02:59 PM.

5. Default

So my problem is that when I got a new phone (way back in the day) it started a new toon using iOS, before they implemented the triple log in screen. I thought I had lost my old character and created a web3 account for my new one using the email that my FB uses, to stop the same thing happening. So that email is no longer accessible to set up web3 for my original character. It wasn't a problem before as I realized I could simply access my first character through facebook, but now that is bugged.

6. Default

So my problem is that when I got a new phone (way back in the day) it started a new toon using iOS, before they implemented the triple log in screen. I thought I had lost my old character and created a web3 account for my new one using the email that my FB uses, to stop the same thing happening. So that email is no longer accessible to set up web3 for my original character. It wasn't a problem before as I realized I could simply access my first character through facebook, but now that is bugged.
    So essentially you have two accounts tied to the same email?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Brotocol View Post
    So essentially you have two accounts tied to the same email?
    That shouldn't be a problem in itself though.
    You can use the email you use for your FB account for any "web3 account", it doesn't matter whether it's for another CA character.

I think his issue is that he only has 1 email address, so he can only "create" one web3 account (currently it's used for his iOS character).
    But it's pretty easy to create several email addresses for free nowadays so it should fix his problem easily.

Well it doesn't fix the initial issue which is that CA doesn't work on FB for him.
    But creating a new email address is the easiest and quickest fix there is for him I believe, even if he wants to fix the FB issue later on.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    That shouldn't be a problem in itself though.
    You can use the email you use for your FB account for any "web3 account", it doesn't matter whether it's for another CA character.

I think his issue is that he only has 1 email address, so he can only "create" one web3 account (currently it's used for his iOS character).
    But it's pretty easy to create several email addresses for free nowadays so it should fix his problem easily.

Well it doesn't fix the initial issue which is that CA doesn't work on FB for him.
    But creating a new email address is the easiest and quickest fix there is for him I believe, even if he wants to fix the FB issue later on.
    Exactly this . So an update; FB now loads (randomly started working yesterday), although it is very laggy when scrolling etc.

9. Default

Yeah I've seen a few of these issues popping up on Facebook lately. Been trying to figure out what the cause could be.