Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CA update - Optimized "Salvage" feature

Default CA update - Optimized "Salvage" feature

There's a new update for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cast...475561257?mt=8

And in the "What's new" section this is stated:
    - Optimized "Salvage" feature, now you can save all chaos gems with unbind stones

What do you think that means?

I think it may be badly worded, since you could already save all chaos gems before, couldn't you?

Maybe they mean "all forged items" instead of "all chaos gems", meaning that when you use an unbind stone on a piece of equip with 3 slots used it will save the chaos gem + the ingot + the elemental gem. I hope that's the case
    Last edited by gogoo; 01-22-2019 at 01:03 PM. Reason: typo

You could only save one gem before from an item. Sounds like once the update happens, you can save everything if you wish by using multiple unbind stones.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"The universe is already mad, anything else would be redundant" - Londo Mollari

3. Default

It does sound vague.

I can also read it as saving all gems with a single stone.

Seems highly unlikely but who knows, maybe Gaea is trying to make us look at other things than game performance?
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

I just checked the Salvage UI.

If you have 3 unbind stones, you can save 3 gems.
    If you have only 1 unbind stone, you can save only 1 gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikster View Post
    I just checked the Salvage UI.

If you have 3 unbind stones, you can save 3 gems.
    If you have only 1 unbind stone, you can save only 1 gem.
    Yes the game was updated and that's how it works now! Which is great IMO

Now when you click on the gem or ingot you want to save, it will show you how many Unbind Stones you'll have remaining after you salvage.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Yes the game was updated and that's how it works now! Which is great IMO

Now when you click on the gem or ingot you want to save, it will show you how many Unbind Stones you'll have remaining after you salvage.
    With Colosseum offering unbind stones in their shop, I can see many players doing colosseum for an unbind stone.

Although, I am sure the masses are already doing colosseum for the Time Keeper general.

I wonder, If colosseum continues, will the top rank gladiator players be able to promote their Time Keeper general to 6 Stars,7 or 8 stars?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaturn View Post
    With Colosseum offering unbind stones in their shop, I can see many players doing colosseum for an unbind stone.

Although, I am sure the masses are already doing colosseum for the Time Keeper general.
    Yes personally I'm stacking unbind stones, I haven't even bought 1 copy of the Time Keeper yet. In case they decide to change the rewards or make the Colosseum go away as they did with the World Monster.
    Maybe when I'll have 20+ unbind stones I'll buy a Time Keeper.

I wonder, If colosseum continues, will the top rank gladiator players be able to promote their Time Keeper general to 6 Stars,7 or 8 stars?
    If you earn 6k points each week (easy for everyone), you can get a 5* Time Keeper in 40 weeks (roughly 10 months).

For a 8* Time Keeper, that would take 180 weeks (almost 3.5 years). If you're Gladiator and earn 10,800 points each week, that would take 100 weeks (almost 2 years).
    I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. It will just take quite some time...
    With Kath being so rare in the Mystic Emporium (and the Time Keeper being a bit better than Kath) it may be worth it for some people.

If the Colosseum is here to stay indeed.

Well those of us in lower Gladiator certainly won't, as we currently get about one battle every 3 hour session, on average. lol

Default How to use unbind stone correctly?

Just buy 2 unbind stones from colosseum, and want to salvage one epic chaos gem from equipment.

https://imgur.com/kwKmOOS
    After salvage, why my gem is gone, and unbind stone is unchanged?

Okay, answer found, after changing browser, I can see there is a checkbox to use unbind stone.
    I didn't check it when I salvage in the first place because checkbox didn't appear on my old browser.
    Last edited by good man; 01-29-2019 at 01:25 PM.
    Everyone is expendables, no matter how important you think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by good man View Post
    After salvage, why my gem is gone, and unbind stone is unchanged?

Okay, answer found, after changing browser, I can see there is a checkbox to use unbind stone.
    I didn't check it when I salvage in the first place because checkbox didn't appear on my old browser.
    Ugh, that really sucks. What browser was that? It should really be fixed.