Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Cheapest GB class?

  1. #1

    Question Cheapest GB class?

    Hey guys!

    Which class (Warrior, Cleric, Rogue, Mage) would you say requires the less FPs/resources (i.e. not many generals to buy, promote and level up) and GC (less powers to buy) to be able to have some impact with?

    I've never really paid attention to Guild Battles so I don't know much about the "meta" etc. Just read smth here and there on forums and discord from time to time.
    If I had to guess I'd say Rogue but idk really (that's what I've been using for now, without using any powers except Evade lvl 1).

    My stats (with bonuses) probably will matter as well:
    4908 atk
    2055 def
    506 HP (without rune)

    Low level runes:
    Lvl 81 dmg rune: +320 dmg
    Lvl 55 def rune: +216 HP

    I have some essence I could use but for now I'm stacking it.

    I assume Cleric would require good defense and health rune? So I probably wouldn't go for this class.

    The generals I own which I think might be relevant:
    • Deianira
    • Jessika
    • Petrus
    • Dominus (2 stars)
    • Saya
    • Vivian
    • Alloken
    • Astrid Hrothbeort
    • Persephone
    • Nax
    • Wraith King (trololol)

    So that's not much.

    The powers I own (also really not much):
    • Resistance lvl 4
    • Whirlwind
    • Heal
    • Mass Heal
    • Evade
    • Intimidate
    • Will probably buy Polymorph at some point for Campaign tasks


    Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default

    Mage class is probably the easy to play with the cheapa$$ spell Confuse and Syren general. Most people start out with mage class for easy GCs.

    Warrior is probably the most expensive class to play b/c to be an effective warrior, you need big dmg rune, good WW and Confidence generals alliance.

    Cleric is sort of in the middle b/c Wall build use to be costly. Most walls have given up on the build due to the game changes so much. HP rune need to be decent to be an effective healer.

    Rogue, is not too hard to play. A few evade generals in the alliance can help you evade in battles. Intimidate skill does not require you to win to steal tokens and buffs. However, if you want to win with poison skills, you do need to be strong cannon and good pierce alliance.

    Good luck with whatever you decide. Just remember that as long as you have fun and help your team then it does not really matter what class you choose.


    Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Castle Age Legends
    Posts
    11,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    Warrior is probably the most expensive class to play b/c to be an effective warrior, you need big dmg rune, good WW and Confidence generals alliance..
    Unless of course you go the route of being a health sponge. Just need Guardian and a ton of character HP. Then it's pretty much the cheapest and least interactive GB build you can make.
    Last edited by Mursilis; 01-19-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

    "In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"

  4. #4

    Default

    1. mage
    2. rogue
    3. cleric
    4. warrior (acturally no.1 if only as guard, as mursilis says)

  5. #5

    Default

    Just about each class is cheapest to play if you want to be a special purpose or limited player.

    1. Mage has Enrage because buff stacks (on wins)

    2. Clerics has DF because buff stacks (on wins)

    3. Rouge can be a suicide bomber: all you need is evade, intimidate & lots of health and start stripping the enemy’s Enrages & DF’s.

    4. Warrior — like Murs stated be a meatshield.

  6. #6

    Default

    Thank you all very much for your answers

    So I'm torn btw Rogue and Mage because I like Rogue more but Mage is more powerful in 10v & Colosseum from what I understood, and that's what I've been doing the most.

    Can you tell me if these are good "builds" (powers & generals) for Rogue and Mage, or if I'm missing smth?


    Rogue
    Evade, Poison, Resistance
    (Intimidate or Cripple seem interesting as well, what do you think?)


    Offensive alliance:
    Aethyx
    Jessika
    Deianira

    Or when poison has been inflected already:
    Deshara
    Deianira
    -?-

    Also I started rolling the Nightfall chest and for now I got Saya & Astrid. I know that's not enough to raise myself from the dead, but maybe in the future it will be a lot easier to do that if I'm a Rogue? Seems like a fun thing to do :P

    Defensive alliance:
    Jezale (does the +% evade stack stack additionally or multiplicatively?)
    Daphne and/or Tora



    Mage
    Confuse, Resistance, Polymorph or Enrage?


    Offensive alliance:
    Syren
    Muse
    Ephraline?

    Defensive alliance:
    Doesn't matter?
    Daphne and/or Tora?




    Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    Warrior is probably the most expensive class to play b/c to be an effective warrior, you need big dmg rune, good WW and Confidence generals alliance.
    So if you have let's say a rather low lvl damage rune which gives +400 dmg (lvl 101), you would be able to have a bigger impact in GB (10v, 100v, classic & Colosseum) with Rogue or Mage than with Warrior?
    And also with Warrior you really need highly leveled and promoted generals while with Mage or Rogue that's less necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    However, if you want to win with poison skills, you do need to be strong cannon and good pierce alliance.
    I'm focusing on getting good offensive gear and gems. I'm only at the very beginning but I can see I can beat people I couldn't before already.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    Good luck with whatever you decide. Just remember that as long as you have fun and help your team then it does not really matter what class you choose.
    Thx, I just want to start having a bit bigger impact when doing Guild Battles. Otherwise it's not so fun :P



    I'm not interested in putting any more points in HP for now, however when I'll be done with quests I'll excavate HP essence to get a better rune.
    But I'm definitely not interested in being a Warrior or Rogue meat shield, that looks unfun :P

  7. #7

    Default

    i will say rogue is a underrated class in colosseum : if you use intimidate, to keep cleric/mage stripped of DF/enrage it is acturally a good way off helping the team out,
    and you are most likely not the first target picked.
    the higher you get up in colosseum, the tuffer the opponent gets, so if you cannot hit to win (in case you are a mage) youre basically death weight for the team, you will never
    be that as rogue with intimidate.
    i acturally frustrating to been on a team with a rogue who chose to NOT use intimidate :-)

    defensive alliance/load-out always matter, might as well have one for the class.
    pierce/res. is so big factor in battle now that if i get hit wenn in attack load-out many 1500+ level under me can win on me, and i am by no means squishy (raw def off about 10000)
    Last edited by hansa; 01-20-2019 at 07:37 PM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    Unless of course you go the route of being a health sponge. Just need Guardian and a ton of character HP. Then it's pretty much the cheapest and least interactive GB build you can make.
    If the OP is a brand new player, then I would agree with you. However, I was not answering to a brand new player. He gave his stat above and my answer to him was based on his stat, not his future stat. Also, if I remember correctly, the OP is somewhat of a monster hunter LSI build, who likely to have plenty of stamina and energy to hunt monsters. If all of sudden he diverts all stats into health, he would wreck his build. Hence, mage or rogue would likely to be the cheaper route still.



    Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    So if you have let's say a rather low lvl damage rune which gives +400 dmg (lvl 101), you would be able to have a bigger impact in GB (10v, 100v, classic & Colosseum) with Rogue or Mage than with Warrior?
    And also with Warrior you really need highly leveled and promoted generals while with Mage or Rogue that's less necessary?


    I'm focusing on getting good offensive gear and gems. I'm only at the very beginning but I can see I can beat people I couldn't before already.

    Thx, I just want to start having a bit bigger impact when doing Guild Battles. Otherwise it's not so fun :P

    I'm not interested in putting any more points in HP for now, however when I'll be done with quests I'll excavate HP essence to get a better rune.

    But I'm definitely not interested in being a Warrior or Rogue meat shield, that looks unfun :P

    I am not a good person to give advise on Warrior class. There are others on this forum who can help you with that, i.e. Da Wimsta, etc.

    Rogue, you need evade 3, plus max out on level and promotion for at least 1 evade general. Petrus is also helpful in putting smoke on your teammates. Intimidate, poison, cripple are all good skills. The hardest gears to get for rogue are Ouroboros legendary gears. However, I find evade skill boost from Chaos gems is more useful than boost for Cleric's heal, Warrior's WW, or Mage's poly. I play as Cleric 85% of the time, the other 15% of the time I play as rogue just for fun in some battle format.
    Last edited by Dokkōdō; 01-21-2019 at 12:29 AM.


    Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.


  9. #9

    Default

    i will say i am an over average warrior. but by now means a top dog. and if you are not into been a guardian meatshield. but what to play warrior for the damage given. it is not a class for you, i will say it is maybe the most expensiv to play.
    i know i have spend a ton building my warrior. and he is just like i say a bit over average.

  10. #10

    Default

    Thanks for your answers again.

    Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    f you cannot hit to win (in case you are a mage) youre basically death weight for the team, you will never
    be that as rogue with intimidate.
    That's a good point!

    Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    defensive alliance/load-out always matter, might as well have one for the class.
    pierce/res. is so big factor in battle now that if i get hit wenn in attack load-out many 1500+ level under me can win on me, and i am by no means squishy (raw def off about 10000)
    Yes but the defensive/passive alliance could be the same for all classes I guess? Just a lot of resistance.
    Like Time Keeper + Hera for max resistance then Daphne to deflect damage? Or even Azriel instead instead of Daphne for even more resistance?
    Except for Rogue where you can add Evade boost generals in the mix.



    Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    Rogue, you need evade 3, plus max out on level and promotion for at least 1 evade general. Petrus is also helpful in putting smoke on your teammates. Intimidate, poison, cripple are all good skills. The hardest gears to get for rogue are Ouroboros legendary gears. However, I find evade skill boost from Chaos gems is more useful than boost for Cleric's heal, Warrior's WW, or Mage's poly. I play as Cleric 85% of the time, the other 15% of the time I play as rogue just for fun in some battle format.
    I'll most likely never get the Maw of the Void and Elandal Crushers. Gems I guess I can keep them when they have an evade boost

    I guess I'll go Aethyx and Jezale at first, then I'll see.
    When I have FP


    Is the power Resistance a must-have or not at all?

    Should I go:
    - Evade, Poison, Resistance?
    - Evade, Poison, Intimidate?
    - Evade, Poison, Cripple?

    I assume Evade is a must have, and Poison as well if I want to do a lot of damage as a Rogue.
    The last power depends on the situation/battle type?
    Last edited by gogoo; 01-22-2019 at 04:20 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •