Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Meteorite - Jan 8 to 15 for chance at Beastmaster

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    The only thing that is obvious is that you still have no clue what you are writing. Check these well known energy bunnies out...

    Quests:
    Orlando: 1041514
    Greatwall: 495358
    Aosinc: 810405

    How hard is it being wrong all the time BATW?
    Da W.:

    Did you normalize the number of quest per XP accumulated? I think not.

    Again, you are being clueless.

    Take Lord Prime as an example: He is lvl 4,887 and he had done 2,671,715 quests so using simple math, that is roughly 546.7 quests per lvl when NORMALIZED by lvl. Now, if you NORMALIZED the statistic the CORRECT WAY using XP as the correction or adjustment factor, you get roughly 55.9 energy per quest.

    Now you take Orlando who is lvl 7,606 with 1,041,514 quests so you have to NORMALIZE the data so we can make apples to apples comparisons. 1,041,514 / 7,606 is roughly 136.9 quests per lvl using simple math when normalized using lvls. But the correct way is using XP per quest so Orlando is averaging 347.2 energy per quest.

    What we have is Da W. using raw data, which is a no no in data analysis, because one needs to make adjustments for lvl, e.g. someone who has more levels ought to have done more quests, ceteris paribus! This is ought to be simple logic: more lvls achieved means more quests done!

    Using the simple normalization method of adjusting per lvl, Lord Prime is clearly an energy bunny with 546.7 quest per lvl (we are using the rudimentary linear interlopation approach, e.g. using a linear scale). Lord Prime is an energy bunny because he does, on average, many more quests per level than Orlando, respectively.

    The correct way is to adjust per XP so we can see what is the average energy expended per quest. Energy bunnies are going to have low energy used per quest mainly because Cefka quest is the gold standard at 20 energy. You can see Lord Prime’s average quest is 55.9 energy while Orlando averages 347.2 energy per quest, and this is on an apples to apples comparison by standardizing each person based on XP as the adjustment factor. Orlando’s avg energy per quest is SO FAR away from the Cefka’s standard.

    When you have people like Da Whinster who is clueless about basic statistical analysis, he likes to make dumb comments.

  2. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    BATW is absolutely clueless. It is likely the "clicking" is for excavation, which is usually the mark of a serious guild battler.
    Da W.: the current highest and best use of energy into XP (aka the “click”) is Cefka’s duel at 35 XP per 20 energy. Had you simply did the correct analysis, Energy bunnies will have average energy expended per quest close to this 35 to 20 ratio.

    In pre-calculus, they teach the concept of limits or as something approaches something; had Da W. understood logic, Energy bunnies “click” on Cefka Duel more often so their average energy per quest gravitates to the 35 to 20 ratio.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starbearer View Post
    Would you like to complete your WK collection with a 4th, so you've a 3* legendary general, or would you prefer something else next time?
    Thankfully I have a 2 star Monkey King. I would most prefer two more Monkey Kings. But getting WK higher and higher might be a nice badge of honor. Or would that be badge of dishonor?

  4. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProfCEE View Post
    Thanks for this reply. I have advanced degrees in engineering and applied statistics abd could not follow the "logic" of the post you're replying to.
    Whatever you do, do not try to argue, help, or teach BATW. Years later you'll still hear about "degrees of freedom," it is a truly sad case.

    The facts are clearly not in evidence in most of his posts, in other cases there are clear grounds to assume his assumptions are wrong.

    Some of it, in all fairness, can be explained by his rookie status in the game. He only started playing during the game's decline, so he really doesn't grasp the multitude of intervening variables, be it nerfs, exploits, or just simple additions and changes.

    The drops between pieces and refine stones could very well have not been static, or one may have changed while the other stayed the same.

    There have been clear adjustments that were made during events, sometimes more than once. Speculation on the functionality of the RNG, rather that the RNG does not work as advertised dates back to at least Jan. 2009.
    Last edited by Da Wimsta; 01-18-2019 at 04:38 AM.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

    Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

  5. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    Da W.: the current highest and best use of energy into XP (aka the “click”) is Cefka’s duel at 35 XP per 20 energy. Had you simply did the correct analysis, Energy bunnies will have average energy expended per quest close to this 35 to 20 ratio.

    In pre-calculus, they teach the concept of limits or as something approaches something; had Da W. understood logic, Energy bunnies “click” on Cefka Duel more often so their average energy per quest gravitates to the 35 to 20 ratio.
    I don't want to blow your mind but it wasn't always 35 to 20. It is just another in the long string of ignorant statements that you've made.

    Just like you know nothing about GW, O, or AO's builds and clearly made no connection to why they were mentioned at all.

    Also, here is another little secret "spenders don't care about 'highest and best use...'"

    It isn't calculus that makes your posts irrelevant, it is your supreme ignorance of the history of the game, and of the motivations of its players.

    Oh, one last thing, guess what level people were at before records were even kept at all... wait, you thought there was always a record?

    Oh and the best use of energy after quests are finished is trading in essence, but only until __________ (you can try to fill in the blank).

    It is truly hilarious that you think you've come up with a guess on what these players are doing. You couldn't be more wrong.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

    Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

  6. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    Da W.: the current highest and best use of energy into XP (aka the “click”) is Cefka’s duel at 35 XP per 20 energy. Had you simply did the correct analysis, Energy bunnies will have average energy expended per quest close to this 35 to 20 ratio.

    In pre-calculus, they teach the concept of limits or as something approaches something; had Da W. understood logic, Energy bunnies “click” on Cefka Duel more often so their average energy per quest gravitates to the 35 to 20 ratio.

    Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    ....
    It is truly hilarious that you think you've come up with a guess on what these players are doing. You couldn't be more wrong.

    I think I might have said this before, the two of you are like an old married couple or that Odd Couple from the old TV sitcom.

    Would it surprise both of you that you are more alike than unalike? Perhaps, that is why you banters with each other so much, which are now basically the most entertaining (or interesting?) posts left in this forum.


    “To be truly ignorant, be content with your own knowledge.”
    ― Chuang Tzu
    Last edited by Dokkōdō; 01-18-2019 at 01:13 PM.


    Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.


  7. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    I think I might have said this before, the two of you are like an old married couple or that Odd Couple from the old TV sitcom.

    Would it surprise both of you that you are more alike than unalike? Perhaps, that is why you banters with each other so much, which are now basically the most entertaining (or interesting?) posts left in this forum.


    “To be truly ignorant, be content with your own knowledge.”
    ― Chuang Tzu
    You said that before, at least twice I think.

    We're pretty similar. We both fail this game. I don't know anything about BATW's actual in game presence because he's always been too afraid to indicate who he actually is. But I've clearly failed--monumentally failed--and written a diary (which I even misspelled) chronicling the failure.

    Yep, you've called it Dokkodo, but I'd say more like twins. But I got the logic skills... BATW got the charisma.

    The good news is that it is still entertaining, if it wasn't for that it would be truly sad...
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

    Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

  8. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    You said that before, at least twice I think.

    We're pretty similar. We both fail this game. I don't know anything about BATW's actual in game presence because he's always been too afraid to indicate who he actually is. But I've clearly failed--monumentally failed--and written a diary (which I even misspelled) chronicling the failure.

    Yep, you've called it Dokkodo, but I'd say more like twins. But I got the logic skills... BATW got the charisma.

    The good news is that it is still entertaining, if it wasn't for that it would be truly sad...


    I hope niether you or BATW read my comments about the two of you as an insult. I just think the two of you are interesting characters. Sometime I wonder if you two in real life behave the way you do here in the game as well.

    For one thing, both of you are at least highly educated in your fields. I worked in BATW's industry decades ago but I have never met anyone who speak like he does. Usually, the people whom I encountered in the industry were highly intelligent, possess super analytical skills, but most were very humble of their abilities. Mostly, because we know as smart as we are, there is always someone who is smarter than us. It would not be wise to brag b/c you just might be embarrassed when you get called out for being humongously wrong in front of your colleagues.

    I do not think your toon's build is a failure. You have plenty of energy and stamina to easily make it as hybrid and enjoy the game for whatever it is worth now. Unfortunately, I think you are way more competitive than me and are not happy when you are not at the top echelon in the game.

    And I agree with you that there is few entertaining things left in the game or this forum...In any case, best of lucks to both of you.
    Last edited by Dokkōdō; 01-19-2019 at 11:25 AM.


    Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.


  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    I hope niether you or BATW read my comments about the two of you as an insult. I just think the two of you are interesting characters. Sometime I wonder if you two in real life behave the way you do here in the game as well.

    For one thing, both of you are at least highly educated in your fields. I worked in BATW's industry decades ago but I have never met anyone who speak like he does. Usually, the people whom I encountered in the industry were highly intelligent, possess super analytical skills, but most were very humble of their abilities. Mostly, because we know as smart as we are, there is always someone who is smarter than us. It would not be wise to brag b/c you just might be embarrassed when you get called out for being humongously wrong in front of your colleagues.

    I do not think your toon's build is a failure. You have plenty of energy and stamina to easily make it as hybrid and enjoy the game for whatever it is worth now. Unfortunately, I think you are way more competitive than me and are not happy when you are not at the top echelon in the game.

    And I agree with you that there is few entertaining things left in the game or this forum...In any case, best of lucks to both of you.
    If I'd gone full canon I'd actually have more defense than I have with my wall attempt.

    Instead of having Attack 5118 (+7466) Defense 13089 (+7605) I could have Attack 15,420 (+12k+) Defense 2787 (+5500(or so)).

    I ignored the writing on the wall, and built in futility. I can only look back to a brief period of time when there was a defensive advantage, and it was great, but short lived.

    As for the IG and the original subject of the thread.

    I'd like to think I'm significantly different in real life from how I play games, but I do appreciate what I find fun about the puzzling and math behind this game. Meteorite, for example, provides an excellent example of thinking about return on investment. I've always really enjoyed looking at ways to optimize strategies for outcomes.

    Not as much to say about collecting gold meteors as there is to say about builds.

    33,278 vs. 35,707 = 2,429... If I'd been canon I'd have almost 500 levels more of skill points for free (nice boost). That is just more exciting than figuring out drop rates.

    I used this event primarily to get refine crystals since I'd gotten lazy about the world monster three headed dog, whatever it was... I used 50 stamina hits, seemed like a got a fairly good return. ...
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

    Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    If I'd gone full canon I'd actually have more defense than I have with my wall attempt.

    Instead of having Attack 5118 (+7466) Defense 13089 (+7605) I could have Attack 15,420 (+12k+) Defense 2787 (+5500(or so)).

    I ignored the writing on the wall, and built in futility. I can only look back to a brief period of time when there was a defensive advantage, and it was great, but short lived.

    ...

    We wish they fixed the parity for chaos defensive and offensive gems. It seems odd to give so much advantage to offensive gems. This destroys the balance in the game that was once interesting.


    Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •