Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please add Join Conditions for Colloseum!

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Mean View Post
    It is frustrating to get stuck on teams that are mostly inactive toons. There's already a problem with that in other battle modes... why bring it into this one too?
    Given the current schema, there is no deterrent to keeping people from joining Colloseum but not participating. In fact, there's actually incentive for people to simply join and go about there day as they get points for doing nothing.
    Unbind stones used to seem impossible to get but now they're available to pretty much everyone for doing basically nothing.

This game is heading toward pointlessness with simply clicking buttons to make numbers go up while those numbers have less and less relevance to the game play.

I recommend adding either a cost to join Colloseum and/or a penalty of losing points if they join and do not participate.

Also... losing teams should not get as many points...maybe 20 or 50?... There needs to be an incentive to want to play and to win, otherwise this is pretty pointless.

Anybody else have thoughts on this?
    Nope.

Oh, Ok, this post contains less than 10 characters.

Nope.

I believe that if you're stuck on teams with mostly inactive toons, then you're probably in low-mid Gold. Which means you're not strong enough to go higher, or you're also being inactive yourself. Which means stats do mean something. You get more points more quickly in higher ranks.

I've noticed a big difference in activity already between Gold 4-3 and Gold 2-1.
    So if you reach Plat or Diamond you probably won't find many inactive players (correct me if I'm wrong).

Also, it's true that the amount of points for losing is quite nice IMO, but I think it's a good thing.

Seeing how hard it is to get good gems, I think Unbind Stones should have been rather easy to get to begin with. Now you don't have to wait until you get a super powerful weapon to forge a gem into it. It's a lot better this way IMO.
    Last edited by gogoo; 03-10-2019 at 06:32 PM. Reason: typo

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Mean View Post
    It is frustrating to get stuck on teams that are mostly inactive toons. There's already a problem with that in other battle modes... why bring it into this one too?
    Given the current schema, there is no deterrent to keeping people from joining Colloseum but not participating. In fact, there's actually incentive for people to simply join and go about there day as they get points for doing nothing.
    Unbind stones used to seem impossible to get but now they're available to pretty much everyone for doing basically nothing.

This game is heading toward pointlessness with simply clicking buttons to make numbers go up while those numbers have less and less relevance to the game play.

I recommend adding either a cost to join Colloseum and/or a penalty of losing points if they join and do not participate.

Also... losing teams should not get as many points...maybe 20 or 50?... There needs to be an incentive to want to play and to win, otherwise this is pretty pointless.

Anybody else have thoughts on this?
    On reflection I should expand - some of those inactive are clicking like mad but can't get in. They may also have got bored because the matchup has taken over 10 or 15 minutes and wandered off to make coffee (me).

As far as unbind stones go, this is a good thing. I have no desire to bang away at phantoms, and have always thought it unfair you should have to sacrifice gems/ingots to salvage.

Perhaps you could add a penalty for not participating, but I would go back to my first point.

In short, nope, leave it as it is, though a fix for the lags and rollbacks would be welcome.