Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please add Join Conditions for Colloseum!

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Mean View Post
    It is frustrating to get stuck on teams that are mostly inactive toons. There's already a problem with that in other battle modes... why bring it into this one too?
    Given the current schema, there is no deterrent to keeping people from joining Colloseum but not participating. In fact, there's actually incentive for people to simply join and go about there day as they get points for doing nothing.
    Unbind stones used to seem impossible to get but now they're available to pretty much everyone for doing basically nothing.

This game is heading toward pointlessness with simply clicking buttons to make numbers go up while those numbers have less and less relevance to the game play.

I recommend adding either a cost to join Colloseum and/or a penalty of losing points if they join and do not participate.

Also... losing teams should not get as many points...maybe 20 or 50?... There needs to be an incentive to want to play and to win, otherwise this is pretty pointless.

Anybody else have thoughts on this?
    Nope.

Oh, Ok, this post contains less than 10 characters.

Nope.

I believe that if you're stuck on teams with mostly inactive toons, then you're probably in low-mid Gold. Which means you're not strong enough to go higher, or you're also being inactive yourself. Which means stats do mean something. You get more points more quickly in higher ranks.

I've noticed a big difference in activity already between Gold 4-3 and Gold 2-1.
    So if you reach Plat or Diamond you probably won't find many inactive players (correct me if I'm wrong).

Also, it's true that the amount of points for losing is quite nice IMO, but I think it's a good thing.

Seeing how hard it is to get good gems, I think Unbind Stones should have been rather easy to get to begin with. Now you don't have to wait until you get a super powerful weapon to forge a gem into it. It's a lot better this way IMO.
    Last edited by gogoo; 03-10-2019 at 06:32 PM. Reason: typo

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Mean View Post
    It is frustrating to get stuck on teams that are mostly inactive toons. There's already a problem with that in other battle modes... why bring it into this one too?
    Given the current schema, there is no deterrent to keeping people from joining Colloseum but not participating. In fact, there's actually incentive for people to simply join and go about there day as they get points for doing nothing.
    Unbind stones used to seem impossible to get but now they're available to pretty much everyone for doing basically nothing.

This game is heading toward pointlessness with simply clicking buttons to make numbers go up while those numbers have less and less relevance to the game play.

I recommend adding either a cost to join Colloseum and/or a penalty of losing points if they join and do not participate.

Also... losing teams should not get as many points...maybe 20 or 50?... There needs to be an incentive to want to play and to win, otherwise this is pretty pointless.

Anybody else have thoughts on this?
    On reflection I should expand - some of those inactive are clicking like mad but can't get in. They may also have got bored because the matchup has taken over 10 or 15 minutes and wandered off to make coffee (me).

As far as unbind stones go, this is a good thing. I have no desire to bang away at phantoms, and have always thought it unfair you should have to sacrifice gems/ingots to salvage.

Perhaps you could add a penalty for not participating, but I would go back to my first point.

In short, nope, leave it as it is, though a fix for the lags and rollbacks would be welcome.

Simple 1h time out for having zero points or less then X amount for the match up would reduce the number empty matches like this

I was the only actually active person on my team against pretty much all actives , only one other guy who just did some KS hits instead of contributing and I didn't even win that battle I think it tied.

I lost over 13 matches in a row in platinum last week. I was always the only one active on my team. The inactivity is plaguing Platinum as well as Gold. Getting back to gold makes it really hard to get to platinum again.
    Points should be based on activity.

I propose an activity based system that won't be too game breaking and wouldn't promote farming.
    5000 activity points gives the currently full reward. Example Low Platimum is 300 for a win, the ratio is 5000*0.06.
    10000+ activity points is the highest you can get and would give 600 points for a win at low platinum (10000*0.06).
    5000 activity points with a loss would be the same equivalent full reward 180 (low Platinum) (5000*0.036).
    10000+ activity points with a loss would be double and max points gain at 360 (10000*0.036 at low Platinum).

Winning with 3200 activity points at low platinum would give +192.

Not spending the initial 20 actions is a penalty of 10 times the equivalent loss in points (-10*180=-1800 for low platinum). At least 50-70 tokens should be used to get points if the fight took over 10 mins (either win or loss).
    Unless the match is less than 3 mins, no points are loss from being overpowered if unable to hit due to lag.

No one under 300 should be able to participate. I would even argue 700 since that is the cutoff for the free for all.
    Or maximum ranks based on levels, such as silverI for <300 and goldI for <700

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

I fail to see why we should deny newer players access to this feature...

And I'm all for some sort of activity based points system... if the devs manage to fix the tripping. Not one that subtracts points though

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    I fail to see why we should deny newer players access to this feature...
    Same.
    Though maybe making the feature available at level 50 or even 120 or smth would be good.
    When I was in low Gold there were tons of minis lvl 1 or <100 usually I think which were AFK 100% of the time but many still had 20k to 50k Health. It was really annoying (in Gold people don't deal 20k+ dmg easily).

And frankly I don't see why it should accessible starting from lvl 1 as you're not going to be of any use in a battle at that level (except if you're a lvl 1 Health tank mini but I think we can agree they have nothing to go in Colosseum especially if they're AFK 100% of the time).

My thoughts regarding this are pretty clear:

If by the end of the battle you have 0 points, NO REWARD AT ALL. That's what you deserve.

With this starting point, we could discuss if this should happen also below xx points, to avoid people entering, hitting once and not caring any more.

There is no point in giving rewards to people who don't work for them and parasite others while lowering their chance for a better prize at the same time. It is a no-brainer to me.

That happens to me every day at Platinum IV. We are not talking only of the earliest stage of Colosseum.

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    My thoughts regarding this are pretty clear:

If by the end of the battle you have 0 points, NO REWARD AT ALL. That's what you deserve.

With this starting point, we could discuss if this should happen also below xx points, to avoid people entering, hitting once and not caring any more.

There is no point in giving rewards to people who don't work for them and parasite others while lowering their chance for a better prize at the same time. It is a no-brainer to me.

That happens to me every day at Platinum IV. We are not talking only of the earliest stage of Colosseum.
    I agree if someone is not active enough for a few games, they should be denied for 24 to 72 hours. Can use the activity system that I posted above.

Leave it as it is.