Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please add Join Conditions for Colloseum!

1. Default Please add Join Conditions for Colloseum!

It is frustrating to get stuck on teams that are mostly inactive toons. There's already a problem with that in other battle modes... why bring it into this one too?
    Given the current schema, there is no deterrent to keeping people from joining Colloseum but not participating. In fact, there's actually incentive for people to simply join and go about there day as they get points for doing nothing.
    Unbind stones used to seem impossible to get but now they're available to pretty much everyone for doing basically nothing.

This game is heading toward pointlessness with simply clicking buttons to make numbers go up while those numbers have less and less relevance to the game play.

I recommend adding either a cost to join Colloseum and/or a penalty of losing points if they join and do not participate.

Also... losing teams should not get as many points...maybe 20 or 50?... There needs to be an incentive to want to play and to win, otherwise this is pretty pointless.

Anybody else have thoughts on this?

2. Default

I will pass this along. Thank you for the feedback and suggestion.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Mean View Post
    I recommend adding either a cost to join Colloseum and/or a penalty of losing points if they join and do not participate.

Also... losing teams should not get as many points...maybe 20 or 50?... There needs to be an incentive to want to play and to win, otherwise this is pretty pointless.
    Before they do this, the devs should first look into the actual pairing. I'm seeing level 1s in a fight against level 300 and up.

The low level player will have no reason to play. The higher levels will have an unnecessary handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Mean View Post
    It is frustrating to get stuck on teams that are mostly inactive toons. There's already a problem with that in other battle modes... why bring it into this one too?
    Given the current schema, there is no deterrent to keeping people from joining Colloseum but not participating. In fact, there's actually incentive for people to simply join and go about there day as they get points for doing nothing.
    Unbind stones used to seem impossible to get but now they're available to pretty much everyone for doing basically nothing.

This game is heading toward pointlessness with simply clicking buttons to make numbers go up while those numbers have less and less relevance to the game play.

Anybody else have thoughts on this?
    Just git gud and win.

Quote Originally Posted by dayrep View Post
    Before they do this, the devs should first look into the actual pairing. I'm seeing level 1s in a fight against level 300 and up.

The low level player will have no reason to play. The higher levels will have an unnecessary handicap.
    I have to agree with this, the match-ups are normally very one-sided. It all depends on which team has the biggest stick. I've gotten matched up to a team where their collective levels were twice ours. As expected, we were trounced. What's the point in joining such a match? It only adds some lag and stretches out an obvious loss. Best to get it over as quickly as possible and hope for a better matchup next time. At least that's what I see from the gold rankings, perhaps it's different higher up.

So I'm very much against having conditions on joining or giving the losing team only a token amount of points. Most of us in the battle don't actually have much effect on the outcome. We're just there clicking away but not making an impact. It's really the high powered players that control who wins and who losses. I was in a battle not long ago where a single warrior won in under 2 minutes, 1v5 and the 1 won for example.
    Last edited by Mursilis; 01-08-2019 at 12:51 PM.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"

6. Default

Working fine here and having lots of fun with it.

Blog Entries

If you have a real team, then these things wouldn't happen nearly as much. So stop being antisocial, make friends to battle with, and you'll whine less.
    ~VoV~

Friends? Can't stand the ones I have, why would I make more?

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

I battle just fine with strangers.

Be careful. They could add captchas to make sure only the determined opted in.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...