Thread: How much did MK help you in Arena XII vs Deathmatch?

Default How much did MK help you in Arena XII vs Deathmatch?

Here are my data and the assumptions are:
    (A) I played roughly the same hours per day in each Arena
    (B) I will standardize the metric by using points per day

In Deathmatch, we had 7.833 days to participate: 7 full days and 20 (out of 24) hours on last day for 7.833 days. I received 211,490 points so my daily points per day was roughly 27,000.

In Arena XII, we had 10.833 days. I received 317,435 points so my daily points per day was roughly 29,302.

If you take the ratio of 29,302 to 27,000, then I improved by roughly 8.5% in Arena XII vs Deathmatch, respectively, WITH OTHER THINGS BEING (roughly) EQUAL.

This 8.5% gain is crucial to understand what cause Arena XII to be off compared to historical Arena data.

The answer is MK. While I had MK in both Arena’s, my MK had a bigger buff (9.8% of free stuff) in the latter Arena.

The introduction of monthly MK promo packs along with Mystic Emporium (to get blue pots to lvl up MK), my MK ended up at 4* lvl 79. Additionally, the Dev recently introduced a promo orb so that can help get copies of MK. Then you have LSI builds like NinjaTom who scored well in Meteorite events to get copies of MK.

My point is the concentration of MK with a high buff is manifesting itself in EV, AV & Legendary rankings. For me, by getting MK to 4* lvl 79 meant a 8.5% improvement in my daily score for the most recent Arena. This IS NOT the only reason for the 8.5% improvement but is IMHO practically explains the 8.5% gain.

MK provided 10% return for me. Given I also got defensive win points, MK increased my score by less than 10%. Still significant.

But nowhere close to 34% increase over last Arena in AV limit. Most of that increase was present in DM already, A12 compared to DM is just 7% increase. Which still is higher than can be expected of increase in MK ability in this time.

Of course the rank limit isn't truly dependant on top performers, only of performance of those near the rank limit. There are so many effects at play here that we can't reasonably say much about why the limit jumped so much from A11 to DM and now to A12.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    My point is the concentration of MK with a high buff is manifesting itself in EV, AV & Legendary rankings....
    MK is a contributing factor in arena but not a decisive factor, esp in EV tier. I have Layla/MK but I did not pursue EV this time. It was too much for me; plus it was held during holidays and being sick at the same time, was horrible timing.
    Last edited by Dokkōdō; 01-04-2019 at 01:19 PM.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.