Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arena Prizes not received

Quote Originally Posted by JefferMC View Post
    I logged in to post almost exactly this. I don't understand how people do not yet get this.

BTW, what the heck is a "Conquering Devil Calabash?"
    What's crazy is that the rank reset happens every day for the whole duration of the event. If every day you see you're falling back to Hero, don't expect to end up in Legend.

However I still believe there should be a warning message.
    I can see how someone who is at a certain rank when the Arena ends can think he'll get the rewards for this rank (also the rank update happened 5 hours later which probably didn't help).
    Especially if it's their first Arena.

About your question:
    https://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Che...ated_Equipment

I wouldnt bother about being knocked down from Legend , its all crap gear anyway ( unless your below lvl 200 Why do we do it to ourselves , year after year .....?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
    I wouldnt bother about being knocked down from Legend , its all crap gear anyway ( unless your below lvl 200 Why do we do it to ourselves , year after year .....?
    Because since Arena XI we get freebies just for hitting, which would be worth it even if you didn't get any rewards at the end :P

And getting to hero is quite easy even without spending at all.
    Last edited by gogoo; 12-30-2018 at 01:34 AM.

4. Default

You have got Conquering Devil Calabash x1 (useless) ,Free Roll x5 (got 5 commons 3 defensive potions when i have about 150 already i cant use) ,Enhance crystal x10 (equivalent of 2 skill points),Refine crystal x30 (already have 80 i dont bother using as i have finished refining),Common Chaos Shard x800 alchemised to some crappy common defensive wind thing (useless again).

All in all gutted for all the time spent for this crap, once again the only winners from this this is the owners!

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Because since Arena XI we get freebies just for hitting, which would be worth it even if you didn't get any rewards at the end :P

And getting to hero is quite easy even without spending at all.
    Agreed. I missed 6 days of Arena due to traveling and I still ended up Hero with no FPs spent. Rewards for Legend aren't radically different enough to force a change in behavior. And the random drops are the real reason to do Arena, that and the monster damage bonus your clan now gets until the next Arena.
    Last edited by Mursilis; 12-30-2018 at 01:11 PM.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    What's crazy is that the rank reset happens every day for the whole duration of the event. If every day you see you're falling back to Hero, don't expect to end up in Legend.

However I still believe there should be a warning message.
    I can see how someone who is at a certain rank when the Arena ends can think he'll get the rewards for this rank (also the rank update happened 5 hours later which probably didn't help).
    Especially if it's their first Arena.
    I think there were more rank updates on last day in some previous arena. Maybe having rank updates at 4h intervals on last day, 1h intervals on last four hours, would help some people. Not all, but some? And certainly some would find them to be bad idea too.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    Agreed. I missed 6 days of Arena due to traveling and I still ended up Hero with no FPs spent. Rewards for Legend aren't radically different enough to force a change in behavior. And the random drops are the real reason to do Arena, that and the monster damage bonus your clan now gets until the next Arena.
    Hadn't thought about guild bonuses. Those are definitely huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Elandal View Post
    I think there were more rank updates on last day in some previous arena. Maybe having rank updates at 4h intervals on last day, 1h intervals on last four hours, would help some people. Not all, but some? And certainly some would find them to be bad idea too.
    Yeah I don't think that would be a perfect solution either. Probably a bit better though. But frankly on the last day the only thing that would work is having the rank updates pretty much in real time (every minute maybe). But even with that, some people would be mad that they were able to reach Legend every day but would remain in Hero the last day and wouldn't understand why.
    There's pretty much no solution unless the ranks actually update in real time for the whole duration of the event. Which I assume wouldn't be good for the servers, and would be more annoying for the tracking thread I guess :P

8. Default

I wasnt aware of the rank update. You would think a simple algorithm would provide near-real time updates.

I thought I was falling back to Hero because I don't play when I am sleeping.

9. Default

But I am happy with the drops. Much better than getting gold on every other spin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slowlearner View Post
    You would think a simple algorithm would provide near-real time updates.
    The algorithm might be simple, but the calculation time is prohibitive.

It's like running a dictionary attack against a password. One way to crack passwords is to try every combination of characters until something works. Very simple algorithm. However, as the possible password length gets longer, it takes a longer and longer time to try every combination of characters.

The Arena rank algorithm is easy: Sort all the scores. The top 0.5% are EV, then the people from 0.5% to to 2% are AV, and so on. However, Arena scores are changing all the time. Every time any player uses a token, two scores change. It takes too long to keep sorting all the scores over and over again every time that anybody on the system uses a token.

So, the Arena rank algorithm sorts all the scores only once per day. It looks at the score for the person at 0.5%, 2%, 5%, etc, and it remembers those scores for the rest of the day. If you're higher than the memorized score for that rank, then it gives you that rank. However, everybody else's score is going up too. So, if you're Hero, and you're hitting people and suddenly become Legend, that's the 5% score from the previous sorting. If the sorting was 18 hours ago, then you're 18 hours behind all the true Legends, and if you don't speed up and make up for those 18 hours within the next 6 hours, then you'll drop back to Hero when all the scores get sorted and recalculated again.

It's useful to let people rank up during the day, though, so that people have more targets of higher ranks to hit.

I think it'd be helpful if the game can tell people the number of hours since the last sorting, so people who change ranks can have some idea how many hours behind they are. like "18 hours ago, this score counted as Legend. Next recalc is in 6 hours."
    Last edited by Falco; 01-02-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    Just another Castle Age player
    army code: D422AE