Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Arena XII Tracking Thread -- Hi Everyone

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Very difficult to play Arena XII when I only got access to the feature 3 days ago. The Arena XII icon appeared one day, however, I couldn't access the feature. Then it vanished, and reappeared 3 days ago.
    The Arena could be (and is) accessible through Battle sub-menu, all the time.
    The picture for Arena season XII was treated by ad-blockers as advertisement (or something worth blocking) and this could explain why you may have not seen it for several days. (not saying this IS the real explanation to what happened)
    Last edited by Ryugirox; 12-29-2018 at 02:23 AM.

Even the magical world of Valeria has proverbs. Here's a saying:
    5 billion damage a day
    Keeps the bad luck away.

Quote Originally Posted by John944615 View Post
    The spreadsheet we use is fine. The problem is the predictive part of it. Eliminate that part and post actual crossover numbers and it's simple math and people can see if the rankings are moving a certain amount of points every day and then if there is one day it moves above the range and then falls back into the range, it will continue on the same trajectory. Using the 3 day moving average doesn't account for a deviant day but factors it into future predictions. I did make one in the past, but without the predictive part of it just used historical numbers, but since it didn't have the predictive part of it, people preferred not to use it. But it did show historical hourly rates and did factor into the additional tokens given at the beginning and the more than 24 hour first ranking and showed what the current points were needed at that specific time for a certain ranking based on the historical hourly averages so people didn't have to wait for the updated rankings to find out where they were.
    Wow! Almost as thick as another poster...

Nobody has missed your issue, they just disagree with your assessment.

The predictive feature is both helpful and not influencing in game play. The number of people who are using the spreadsheet is likely negligible, and certainly not responsible for inflation in any event. It doesn't take big words, and while a statistical analysis could be presented the fact that the spreadsheet is helpful should be enough to justify its use.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

3. Default

You have been awarded: Hero Treasure

4. Default

Well that was disappointing. Worked hard to get that slotted necklace and it only accepts offensive gems. Bummer!

I made Gladiator with only sporadic playing but use of FPs when I did.

If possible I would contribute $20 to Rachel via PP so she can get a new laptop. I like helping the communities I belong to (which is one of the reasons I buy FPs during promos.) Perhaps one of the mods could coordinate with her to set something up?
    http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/...ser=1408026954 Walking tall and carrying a big sword. Naked because armor chafes. Hey! I was talking about a shield, ya perv!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CaptMorgan View Post
    Well that was disappointing. Worked hard to get that slotted necklace and it only accepts offensive gems. Bummer!
    Yes very annoying

Quote Originally Posted by ken88 View Post
    Yes very annoying
    It's a known fact that certain items can only be forged with certain gems though; and the info about amulets has been on the wiki for a long time:
    https://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/For...th_Forge_Slots

"Amulets can be forged with offensive forge items.
    - NO runes
    - Physical piercing ingots
    - Elemental offense gems"

Quote Originally Posted by John944615 View Post
    The spreadsheet we use is fine. The problem is the predictive part of it. Eliminate that part and post actual crossover numbers and it's simple math and people can see if the rankings are moving a certain amount of points every day and then if there is one day it moves above the range and then falls back into the range, it will continue on the same trajectory. Using the 3 day moving average doesn't account for a deviant day but factors it into future predictions. I did make one in the past, but without the predictive part of it just used historical numbers, but since it didn't have the predictive part of it, people preferred not to use it. But it did show historical hourly rates and did factor into the additional tokens given at the beginning and the more than 24 hour first ranking and showed what the current points were needed at that specific time for a certain ranking based on the historical hourly averages so people didn't have to wait for the updated rankings to find out where they were.

At the beginning of this arena, Rachael said she was not able to make the xls. I think it was Bill or someone modified the previous arena xls for this time around.

If you have your own spreadsheet, then use it, don't bother with the one that is here. And if you are generous, then offer it here as second alternative for people to use, and let people decide what they want to use. In the end, you can only control what is within your power, not what other people want or not want to do. You might make your suggestion, but if people still don't want to listen to you, then right or wrong, let people be.

If you are trying to convince other people to not inflate the arena prediction b/c what you really want is to get whatever tier you hope for as economical as possible, well then that is a completely different motive, isn't it? Then it still go back to my early statement, what really drive people to do what they do is from unrestrained greed. Everyone could be held accountable at some point, you, me, mr. joe schmoe...whomever, until each person decide what is not right for themselves and walk away.
    Last edited by Dokkōdō; 12-29-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

haha, I just notice that. Thought the socket on the amulet would work both ways like the off-hands.

I mean it comes with +20 innate resist, it should follow suit with the innate property of the item for socket gems.
    Last edited by Zaturn; 12-29-2018 at 02:19 PM.

I give John the benefit of the doubt.

But really, there's not much reason to be complaining this Arena. We didn't even have a spreadsheet.

The only thing I could report were the hard cross over numbers that John feels are the only things that should be reported ... so we were in agreement.

My final estimates and safe zone predictions didn't go up until the final day, based upon complete data apart from the last day and past trends.

There's really nothing to be upset about in this thread.

Next time hopefully Rachel will be back and many people will be pleased and use her spreadsheet as before. John will probably complain, but we do it for those who are pleased who appear to be a much larger number, not those who are not.