Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Arena XII Tracking Thread -- Hi Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by The Resurrection View Post
    Yeah, that was the point I was making. The guy doing the math about bounces I think was basing it off getting approx 10 for a bounce (rank dependent) but obviously its much more
    Yup - thanks for the correction. Question still stands though. Has any wall out there tried to account for how many defensive points they average in a given day? I'm a 20:1 attack:defense build and am just curious since I'll never know the joy of many bounces

Quote Originally Posted by namaxe View Post
    The problem is you assume too many things not logically:
    - Heroes do not challenge AV: why not, maybe is your own strategy, but in my case, if I can beat a target of 100+ points I would hit for sure.
    - Heroes are not active enough so they don´t count: To be at hero you need to use all your tokens in around 15-16h a day. Gladiators need to be fully active 8-9h a day to maintain rank. There is change they bounce right .
    - 28800 natural regen daily points. Is a bit higher than that if you attack higher ranks and have the appropriate general.

Total number of players in arena is around 20K. Any of those ranks can bounce. The number of bounces you may get depends highly in how attractive you are as a target, and how strong you are. For example I won´t even try a target of level 4K, regardless of their rank, because the chances I bounce are big. However I see a target 500 ranked higher than me.... I will hit even if I would be swordsman and that target AV.
    Of course I'm making assumptions based on very little. Not really sure about what the correct inputs would be. That's kind of the point: if I knew how many defensive points a wall received on average, we would know how many times someone bounced...

3. Default

Let's say that a legitimate hit is someone trying to increase in tiers in order to obtain the best rewards. If there are people out there, trying to increase in tiers, by hitting over and over and over on the same person and losing each time, possibly even as much as losing all 288 tokens each day, could you make yourself known, so that we can know whether defensive wins are a significant way for defensive winners to make it up into the Alpha and Eternal vanguards?
    Maybe someone does play that way. Because they're friends with the defensive winner, and they're trying to give their defensive win friend those points. (I mean, they can just password share later on, right?) Or maybe its lots of friends losing the entire Arena event long to help out that defensive winner. Or maybe its lots of minis boosting the defensive winner. Or lots of friends with lots of minis.
    Anybody? Does anybody play arena that way (or others aspects of the game) by finding someone they will lose to, and then losing against that person everytime after that? I'll be waiting over here with the crickets. While we contemplate a strategy to take advantage of and manipulate a "feature", because that does seem to be the Castle Age way - get away with it if you can.
    Last edited by WitnessMe!; 12-24-2018 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Needcoffee View Post
    Yup - thanks for the correction. Question still stands though. Has any wall out there tried to account for how many defensive points they average in a given day? I'm a 20:1 attack:defense build and am just curious since I'll never know the joy of many bounces
    I looked over some of my posts from years ago, and I was getting 6-8K a day from bounces. I think at the extreme I was getting 10K, but I found posts confirming the 6-8K range. AV for free was a non-issue back then, but the player base is much smaller now and it is much more difficult to be in that percentile for free. One thing to keep in mind is that the high BSI defensive builds are not "high level" players. I believe both NC and I are level 13XX, which means we can look like easy points for someone over twice our level. My eDef is 18.9K plus decent resistance, and I do not consider myself a strong wall
    Chimæra

5. Default

Got bumped back down to Gladiator yesterday at 112k-ish.

Back to Hero @ 119k.
    Last edited by dayrep; 12-24-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasj8 View Post
    I looked over some of my posts from years ago, and I was getting 6-8K a day from bounces. I think at the extreme I was getting 10K, but I found posts confirming the 6-8K range. AV for free was a non-issue back then, but the player base is much smaller now and it is much more difficult to be in that percentile for free. One thing to keep in mind is that the high BSI defensive builds are not "high level" players. I believe both NC and I are level 13XX, which means we can look like easy points for someone over twice our level. My eDef is 18.9K plus decent resistance, and I do not consider myself a strong wall
    I have lost lots of toke against opponents in the 8xx-9xx level range, while I am over 1200 now. The thing is: if I have to chose between a rank 8-level 3xxx-Katherine and a rank 7-level8xx-Daphne player, I will fight this last one. The trap is set and I fall, the other option was not likely to be a win
    Last edited by Barathor; 12-24-2018 at 11:53 PM.

.... and I do not consider myself a strong wall
    Well that is rather a very general statement isn't it puppy? Could you please be more specific? Is you wall:

a) the kind that Trump could advertise in his campaign in 2020?
    b) the kind that Trump would actually build? or,
    c) the kind that an escape artist like a Husky could jump over or dig through under it?
    Last edited by Dokkōdō; 12-24-2018 at 11:54 PM.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    Well that is rather a very general statement isn't it puppy? Could you please be more specific? Is you wall:

a) the kind that Trump could advertise in his campaign in 2020?
    b) the kind that Trump would actually build? or,
    c) the kind that an escape artist like a Husky could jump over or dig through under it?
    Thanks. 6k to 8k in defensive points provides some context for what might be reasonable for a wall. And your disclaimer aside, I think your wall bonafides are pretty good. I have no idea what your spending has been like but 1.5 edef per level beats out my eatt per level by a good margin. In short I'd say that Trump isn't likely to be able to match your wall build... :P

Sadly, it stopped being possible to get AV for completely free a couple of Arenas back. The amount of players opting in to each one has just shrunk too much. It's not even possible to be at AV right now with 3 days remaining for free. And anyone that says otherwise, well, they're definitely getting "assistance", so technically it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by Needcoffee View Post
    Thanks. 6k to 8k in defensive points provides some context for what might be reasonable for a wall. And your disclaimer aside, I think your wall bonafides are pretty good. I have no idea what your spending has been like but 1.5 edef per level beats out my eatt per level by a good margin. In short I'd say that Trump isn't likely to be able to match your wall build... :P
    I don't want to think about my spending, but it is nothing compared to many. For the first 1-2 years I did not spend much if ever, then I spent a lot more, then I settled into promo packs if I thought there was value. Over 9 years and 2 months it is likely $3K. I prefer to play with natural regen, as I like the need for patience to make my goals. I bought the most recent promo pack even though I was already sitting on 850 FPs, but I liked the content. I say I am not a strong wall in that my raw BSI is below 10 at lvl 13XX, and the strong ones are well above that since they did not add to health and LSI like me. I have added 422 SPs to health, and ninja chicken has added none. I have added 2400+ SPs to LSI and there are people still at probably 1500 below that. They take the hit on refills, and ensure they do not waste LSI natural regen.
    Chimæra