Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58

Thread: Arena XII is live!

  1. #31

    Default

    On defensive wins:
    I understand Arena is designed to benefit PvPers. Being a wall or a balanced build is a valid PvP style and, as that, it should not be punished.
    There must be other ways to detect and disable scripts or cheats in general.
    Last edited by Barathor; 12-20-2018 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Grammar fix

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    On defensive wins:
    I understand Arena is designed to benefit PvPers. Being a wall or a balanced build is a valid PvP style and, as that, it should not be punished.
    There must be other ways to detect and disable scripts or cheats in general.
    Points awarded by -real- defensive wins are minimal, people lose and tend to move on to another target. I think is better "punish" a minority of pvpers than to punish the all player base letting cheaters run scripts and cripple the perfomance.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    On defensive wins:
    I understand Arena is designed to benefit PvPers. Being a wall or a balanced build is a valid PvP style and, as that, it should not be punished.
    There must be other ways to detect and disable scripts or cheats in general.
    I agree, easy option = just ban defensive wins. But that myself I feel is unfair. Can we not meet somewhere in the middle?
    Defensive win only if against player of same level or above.
    or
    (eg) 16hrs cool down period = once you hit a toon 50 times, you have to wait until..... before hitting same toon

  4. Default

    There are less players in this arena. Not sure if is game general activity but is an insteresting drop. I wonder if the issues with banners displayin on index page due to żadblockers? might make some people not realize arena is actually live. I hope the number of player increase as the final days come so the ranking eases a bit. This year is higher because of that.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    All Over Your Screen
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    On defensive wins:
    I understand Arena is designed to benefit PvPers. Being a wall or a balanced build is a valid PvP style and, as that, it should not be punished.
    There must be other ways to detect and disable scripts or cheats in general.
    1 (one) defensive win from the same player allowed but nullify the points for the next ones perhaps?

    Not sure how the implementation would impact the size of the database though (hopefully won't burden it so much to cause further lags).
    Last edited by simplicity168; 12-21-2018 at 01:07 PM. Reason: forgot closing bracket.. XD

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simplicity168 View Post
    1 (one) defensive win from the same player allowed but nullify the points for the next ones perhaps?

    Not sure how the implementation would impact the size of the database though (hopefully won't burden it so much to cause further lags).
    I would reward more than one for sure. Maybe 10 or 12 (since I don't take notes about enemies I can't beat, I usually happen to attack the same person several times throughout the day). I guess an easy solution could come this way, fair with wall builds.

    But, at the same time, I imagine scripters taking profit from 40 accounts instead of 1 and there goes that solution
    Last edited by Barathor; 12-21-2018 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Grammar fix

  7. #37

    Default

    Does anyone know what happens if you change guild during Arena, regarding the Guild Rewards?
    Do your Arena points come with you to add to the total of your new guild's points, or do they stay in the total of your old guild?

    I guess what happens is that the points you've accumulated in the old guild stay in the old guild's total, and what you do in you new guild counts towards your new guild's total. Anyone can confirm or disconfirm?

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Does anyone know what happens if you change guild during Arena, regarding the Guild Rewards?
    Do your Arena points come with you to add to the total of your new guild's points, or do they stay in the total of your old guild?

    I guess what happens is that the points you've accumulated in the old guild stay in the old guild's total, and what you do in you new guild counts towards your new guild's total. Anyone can confirm or disconfirm?
    I dont think the game takes note where you were when you earned you points. My idea (might be wrong) is that to determine a guild's rank, the game counts its members' points at that moment. So, for final scores, only your current guild would get profit of your run. Does it make sense?

    Edit: on a side note, yesterday I faced the first 4 star Malekus I've ever seen. Such a beast... at least I lost against a mighty general!
    Last edited by Barathor; 12-23-2018 at 11:53 AM.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    I dont think the game takes note where you were when you earned you points. My idea (might be wrong) is that to determine a guild's rank, the game counts its members' points at that moment. So, for final scores, only your current guild would get profit of your run. Does it make sense?
    That could indeed completely make sense as well.

    However in the "Guild Rewards" tab the points are added "in real time" so if it works the way you say, when someone leaves a guild it would withdraw his points from the total in "Guild Rewards". Which might be weird maybe.

  10. Default

    so fed up with the laggy blue balls , i am so glad i stopped spending on this broken game .
    i used to enjoy it , now it just drags . i certainly will not be going for EV this year , probably lucky if i even reach hero .
    dominion was the last bit of excitement ( if the match ups were even).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •