Thread: Forum Titles (Castle Age Sage, Royalty, Baron, Duke, Adventurer...)

Default Forum Titles (Castle Age Sage, Royalty, Baron, Duke, Adventurer...)

So I checked the members list and the titles look pretty messed up.

Commoner
    Between 0 and 8 posts
    Most popular: 0-4 posts

Adventurer
    Between 0 and 179 posts
    Most popular: 1-30 posts

Acolyte
    Between 0 and 30 posts
    Most popular: 1-9 or 30 posts

Journeyman
    Between 0 and 99 posts
    Most popular: 29-49 posts

Castle Age Scribe
    Between 2 and 99 posts
    Most popular: 50-99 posts
    Between 490 and 1499 posts
    Common in the whole range
    (yes, really - so you may actually have 1k+ posts and have the same title as a guy with 2 posts)

Castle Age Scholar
    Between 18 and 247 posts
    Most popular: 100-199 posts

Castle Age Sage
    Between 100 and 299 posts
    Most popular: 200-299 posts

Keeper of Lore
    Between 139 and 419 posts
    Most popular: 300-399 posts

Castle Age Royalty
    Between 248 and 14,999 (not sure - but at least 11,528)
    (yes, the range is insane on this one)
    Most popular: 490-1499 posts - but also about half the titles btw 1,500-4,999, and still common above that

Castle Age Baron
    Between 371 and 499
    Most popular: 400-489 posts

Castle Age Squire
    Between 420 and 489 posts
    (surprisingly small range)
    Common in the whole range but less than Baron - all in all a rather rare title

Castle Age Scribe
    Appears again between 490-1,499 as mentioned earlier
    Common in the whole range

Castle Age Knight
    Between 1,500 and 2,499 posts
    Almost half the titles in the range

Castle Age Bishop
    Between 2,500 and 3,199 posts
    Almost half the titles in the range

Castle Age Baron/Baroness
    Between 3,200 and 4,999 posts
    (notice how there was a "Baron" rank earlier, separate from the "Baron/Baroness" rank?...)
    About half the titles in the range

Castle Age Viscount/Viscountess
    Between 5,000 and 5,999 posts
    Most titles in the range

Castle Age Count/Countess
    Between 6,000 and 9,999 posts
    Most titles in the range

Castle Age Marquess/Marchioness
    Between 10,000 and 14,999 (?) posts
    Half the titles in the range

Castle Age Duke/Duchess
    15,000+ posts
    Only title in the range

What's kinda crazy is how much some titles overlap (didn't feel like making a graphic/chart but that would be the easiest way to show it).

Well, if you take the ranges where each title is the most popular, they actually don't overlap much (except for Castle Age Royalty which overlaps a lot with everything from 490 posts to pretty much the highest titles).

But the silly thing is that a few to several people have a title way outside of its "regular/popular" range.
    So a person with 248 posts actually has the same title than a person with 11,528 posts (Royalty). That's the most extreme example but for all titles there are similar examples.

I'm not even talking about the fact that some people can have a way better rank than some others, with a way lower amount of posts.

Also the case of the Castle Age Scribe is quite insane, as it has a range for people with a low post count (<100) and then another range for people with a high post count (~500 to 1,500 posts). So you may actually have 1k+ posts and have the same title as a guy with 2 posts.
    Almost the same thing happens with the Baron title, however at least "Baron" and "Baron/Baroness" are 2 distinct titles... but that's still quite dumb.

And if you're let's say at 1k posts, how is it determined whether you'll be a Royalty or a filthy Scribe?
    Same goes for many titles that overlap.

And there are a few more discrepancies that don't appear in this post... because it's long enough already

So I have no idea if the way it works is completely bugged, or if other things than the post count are taken into account. Like maybe the number of started threads, the time spent online, the time past since registration... Maybe even articles and blog entries?
    Last edited by gogoo; 12-02-2018 at 11:01 AM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries

What's messed up is that we don't have any customized titles. It would be cool to have them for Guild Masters and President of the Democratic Republic of OffTopic.
    ~VoV~

3. Default

First off.... I thought we only had one president of the entire forum? We have a second one now to rule off-topic? Please don't tell me that it's Ed?

As far as rank go..

Somewhere along the course of history the ranks got reset and new names were set for the different ranks. However, to apply the new rank one would have to log in or post something (I forget which one) so a lot of people are showing with old ranks because they never came back.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

I prefer the title King, thank you very much

5. Default

Is that why you posted a picture of the red queen?
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    What's messed up is that we don't have any customized titles. It would be cool to have them for Guild Masters and President of the Democratic Republic of OffTopic.
    By the way VersionsOfViolence you should spam your way through 20k+ posts so we can see whether there's another rank after Duke... You're basically our only hope :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    As far as rank go..

Somewhere along the course of history the ranks got reset and new names were set for the different ranks. However, to apply the new rank one would have to log in or post something (I forget which one) so a lot of people are showing with old ranks because they never came back.
    Oh that would make sense.

Do you know what the "new titles" are? I just saw someone with 1k+ posts who just posted and he's a Castle Age Scribe. I would have thought this would be an "old" title (because to me it sounds like a crappy title for 1k+ posts).

What would have sounded likely to me for the current titles (but doesn't seem to be exactly working this way though):

0 - 4?
    Commoner

5 - 9?
    Acolyte

10 - 29?
    Adventurer

30 - 49
    Journeyman

50 - 99
    Castle Age Scribe

100-199
    Castle Age Scholar

200 - 299
    Castle Age Sage

300 - 399
    Keeper of Lore

400-499
    Castle Age Baron
    (so Castle Age Squire would have been completely removed - or maybe it's the other way around...)

500 - 1499
    Castle Age Royalty
    (so this title would have been removed from all higher post counts)
    (and Castle Age Scribe would have been removed completely from this range - or maybe it's the other way around? But that would leave "Scribe" in 2 very different post count ranges though...)

1,500 - 2,499
    Castle Age Knight
    (though this feels weird to have "Knight" after "Royalty"... actually even higher titles feel worse than "Royalty" IMO)

2,500 - 3,199
    Castle Age Bishop

3,200 - 4,999
    Castle Age Baron/Baroness
    (still kinda silly to have this title + the "Baron" title)

5,000 - 5,999
    Castle Age Viscount/Viscountess

6,000 - 9,999
    Castle Age Count/Countess

10,000 - 14,999
    Castle Age Marquess/Marchioness

15,000+ posts
    Castle Age Duke/Duchess

7. Default

I honestly don't remember the whole ranking tree however, the ones that list both genders are definitely some of the newer batch.
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 12-03-2018 at 11:10 PM.