Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Question on refreshing mystic emporium for generals

  1. #1

    Default Question on refreshing mystic emporium for generals

    I haven't spent any fp's refreshing the mystic emporium but I'm considering trying for a couple copies of 1 or 2 gens only.

    I'm thinking that the expected cost is around 100fps to get 1 copy of 1 specific general: 14 refreshes (since there are 60 oracle gens and each refresh shows 2 gens - the first two being shown for free) times 5fps, plus 30fps to buy the general. This is based on the assumption that each oracle gen has an equal chance of showing up after each refresh

    I'm not sure how much refreshing is going on out there, but can anyone tell me if this seem to be correct? Any advice about the potential cost for a copy of a general?

  2. Default

    I don't refresh, but I would strongly suggesting not to spend FP's for the purposes you suggest.

    You could end up having the same unwanted generals reappearing.

    <edit> I understand that the refresh cost eventually goes up.
    Last edited by ॐ <Jigz of the Endless> ॐ; 12-01-2018 at 10:15 PM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Lots of info on the wiki: https://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Emporium

    "However if you don't want to wait for the list to update, you can click a button to refresh it for 5 FP. Be aware though that after 5 clicks on this button, its price will change to 10 FP. And after 15 more clicks, it will change to 20 FP."

    So you can only refresh 5 times per day for 5 FP then the price increases.

    Also in the "Observations & Statistics" section (https://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Mys....26_Statistics), you can see that all generals have about the same chance to appear, except for Katherine, Barbarus & Dolomar who have a very low chance to appear (almost 10 times less chance than other generals).

    So if you're looking for any of those 3 generals, well... don't :P (you can still try but be prepared to spend a lot).


    About your estimated cost, idk, haven't done the math. Be aware though that if you're unlucky it may cost a lot more than what you're expecting.
    Last edited by gogoo; 12-01-2018 at 10:22 PM. Reason: typo

  4. #4

    Default

    i have do this. to 6* and 7* a few generals, will suggest you only do te 5fp refres each day. but i did it because i hade 4-5 i dident mind getting more copys off. i stop after meekah/ravendor/attilus each got a star from doing it. now i just by them in case they show up.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ॐ <Jigz of the Endless> ॐ View Post
    I don't refresh, but I would strongly suggesting not to spend FP's for the purposes you suggest.

    You could end up having the same unwanted generals reappearing.

    <edit> I understand that the refresh cost eventually goes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Lots of info on the wiki: https://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Emporium

    "However if you don't want to wait for the list to update, you can click a button to refresh it for 5 FP. Be aware though that after 5 clicks on this button, its price will change to 10 FP. And after 15 more clicks, it will change to 20 FP."

    So you can only refresh 5 times per day for 5 FP then the price increases.

    Also in the "Observations & Statistics" section (https://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Mys....26_Statistics), you can see that all generals have about the same chance to appear, except for Katherine, Barbarus & Dolomar who have a very low chance to appear (almost 10 times less chance than other generals).

    So if you're looking for any of those 3 generals, well... don't :P (you can still try but be prepared to spend a lot).


    About your estimated cost, idk, haven't done the math. Be aware though that if you're unlucky it may cost a lot more than what you're expecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    i have do this. to 6* and 7* a few generals, will suggest you only do te 5fp refres each day. but i did it because i hade 4-5 i dident mind getting more copys off. i stop after meekah/ravendor/attilus each got a star from doing it. now i just by them in case they show up.
    Thank you all. This makes the decision much easier.

  6. Default

    Patience is a virtue, but Gaea can't pay the bills with your virtue.

  7. #7

    Default

    Why....all you get for any"deal" is wood, ore and the occasional crystal.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamf77 View Post
    Why....all you get for any"deal" is wood, ore and the occasional crystal.
    Actually you can also get Hero Potions for gold, Treasure Chests at a reduced price (up to 10 FP instead of 30), Full Potions at a reduced price (3 for 20 FP - 6,7 FP each potion).

    Additionaly, and that's why OP made this thread, you can buy extra copies of Oracle generals in the Mystic Emporium. In the "shop", you can buy a maximum of 12 copies. With the Mystic Emporium you can buy copies even of you already have 12, so you can promote your oracle generals all the way to 8 stars if you get lucky / refresh a lot. Some people have already done it.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Actually you can also get Hero Potions for gold, Treasure Chests at a reduced price (up to 10 FP instead of 30), Full Potions at a reduced price (3 for 20 FP - 6,7 FP each potion).

    Additionaly, and that's why OP made this thread, you can buy extra copies of Oracle generals in the Mystic Emporium. In the "shop", you can buy a maximum of 12 copies. With the Mystic Emporium you can buy copies even of you already have 12, so you can promote your oracle generals all the way to 8 stars if you get lucky / refresh a lot. Some people have already done it.

    I have yet to get any general or the joke "free chest roll" at less than 30 FP.
    To me a free chest roll should be free. Anyway....a new money grab for the devs...not much else.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamf77 View Post
    I have yet to get any general or the joke "free chest roll" at less than 30 FP.
    To me a free chest roll should be free. Anyway....a new money grab for the devs...not much else.
    You can see it that way. Or you can see it as "I get freebies every day". For me it's kinda like a new "Daily bonus" (well it costs gold but as long as you don't have territories it's basically the same as free).

    I don't see what there is to whine about.

    Also the only problem with the "free chest roll" is the name which indeed was very poorly chosen. They could have just named it "Chest roll x1" and no one would have whined about it.
    As the wiki tells us, you have a 39% chance to get a chest roll at 20 or 10 FP (so 61% chance to get no discount).

    The generals always cost 30 FP. The only reason you should buy them from the Mystic Emporium is if you want to promote a general past 5*. You don't get discounted generals in the Emporium.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •