Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colosseum optimization

What class skill (loadout) is used initially and when it is used?
    As a cleric, DF is not in my defend loadout, when I change to attack loadout with DF equipped, enter colosseum page, click single to wait match, opponent found, join battle, DF always can not be used initially. I need to refresh the battle page again and the DF is able to use.
    Everyone is expendables, no matter how important you think you are.

2. Default

It's not optimized, it's far worse. The message popping up every second is horrifying and I was in a situation where enemy team was at 1/5 and the last standing was a Warrior. Few hits later, they all had more than 4000 HP. How is that possible?

good concept...but, as usual, it's poor in actual working performance....more tripping than anything else...this should have been worked out before introduction...but as always the devs don't give 2 craps about the players experience. If this was a car...it would already be on the recall list....between the lag, the jumping screen {that makes loadout changes a real pain} and the 90% trip ratio....this part of the game should be scrapped until it can actually be playable....

It is my impression that access to a specific battle is given to some players with a delay.

I keep refreshing as soon as (single) matching starts and yet more often than not when I get into battle, other players have battle points over 3,000.
    Obviously that means I'm either confused or half-dead by the time I try to use my first token.

With regards to optimisation, I can see a marginal improvement. However, Colosseum is still quite unplayable.

No significant improvement so far on:

1. Token skipping. This is aggravating by the fact you can see the battle points of other players going up, while you're unable to hit.
    2. Blue ball delay. Appears this is where the marginal improvement happened. Some hit attempts now actually may go through. However, the large majority are still a "skip". See point 1.
    3. Battle going back and forth in battle time. i.e. multiple instances of the same battle. That means that often you waste a token on a dead player, after suffering to a loop in point 1 and 2 above >.<
    4. Annoying pop up banner indicating a battle has been found, all throughout the battle. Presumably this would affect performance!?
    Last edited by Hfaistos; 12-01-2018 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    You're in platinum, diamond or gladiator level aren't you? I'm in gold and matching takes under a minute.
    Thanks, that's interesting. I'm in platinum and my teammates are platinum or gold. I didn't realize that could be the issue. Do you (or anyone) know if the matching system uses average team level or highest team member for matching purposes? Maybe worth it to try an all gold team and all platinum so nobody is held back from battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Needcoffee View Post
    Thanks, that's interesting. I'm in platinum and my teammates are platinum or gold. I didn't realize that could be the issue. Do you (or anyone) know if the matching system uses average team level or highest team member for matching purposes? Maybe worth it to try an all gold team and all platinum so nobody is held back from battles.
    I assume it goes with the highest level for matching purposes, but that's only a guess since I've only tried to enter as a Single.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"

Quote Originally Posted by Hfaistos View Post
    It is my impression that access to a specific battle is given to some players with a delay.

I keep refreshing as soon as (single) matching starts and yet more often than not when I get into battle, other players have battle points over 3,000.
    Obviously that means I'm either confused or half-dead by the time I try to use my first token.

With regards to optimisation, I can see a marginal improvement. However, Colosseum is still quite unplayable.

No significant improvement so far on:

1. Token skipping. This is aggravating by the fact you can see the battle points of other players going up, while you're unable to hit.
    2. Blue ball delay. Appears this is where the marginal improvement happened. Some hit attempts now actually may go through. However, the large majority are still a "skip". See point 1.
    3. Battle going back and forth in battle time. i.e. multiple instances of the same battle. That means that often you waste a token on a dead player, after suffering to a loop in point 1 and 2 above >.<
    4. Annoying pop up banner indicating a battle has been found, all throughout the battle. Presumably this would affect performance!?
    Last session was diabolical. All the above but much worse. There's an outcome at the end of each battle (when a match up eventually happens), but barely any chance to play.

The only match that was slightly less ridiculous was one with almost no 3k+ players. Entirely speculative, but wondering if some of these big guns are coming with their own scripts.
    Last edited by Hfaistos; 12-02-2018 at 11:30 AM.

8. Default

All of the above, compounded by the spinning blue orb of insanity that lasts from 5-20 seconds. I rarely have time to use all of my first set of tokens. It seems others aren't having this issue, because I'm getting my ass handed to me on a platter.

I largely play Colosseum via iOS, as I can reclick faster through the app. I have not noticed any improvement since the optimization. There are constant time loops where stunned players are no longer stunned, and it isn't because they were healed by a cleric.
    Chimæra

10. Default

Is this utter, utter joke of an event likely to get sorted out at any time? Today, not only contending with not getting matched for ages, then getting off maybe 1 hit in 20, with 6 minutes to go in a battle, it just stops, we get a message saying "your team is not in a battle" then back to the wait page.

Honestly, this is a complete shambles, and utter pile of garbage. It's the worst running event I have seen in ca, which is quite the claim.