Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Colosseum optimization

1. Default

O-kay...

Quote Originally Posted by ymtseng View Post
    Win when Gold IV 4 star, then becomes Gold III 1 star.
    Is this a bug or something I don't understand?
    That's a correct progression. You gained a star for winning, bumping you into the Gold III bracket and getting your star.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"

Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    That's a correct progression. You gained a star for winning, bumping you into the Gold III bracket and getting your star.
    I got it.
    When winning, tier number is decrement, star number is increment.
    Who figure out this weird design?

Quote Originally Posted by ymtseng View Post
    I got it.
    When winning, tier number is decrement, star number is increment.
    Who figure out this weird design?
    This is definitely not weird IMO.
    You need 4 stars to go up a tier. If you went from Gold IV 4 stars to Gold III 4 stars, then you would again only need 1 win to go to Gold II 4 stars, etc. So you would always only need 1 win to go up a tier. Then what would be the point of having stars?

The only weird thing is that when you win, you go from Gold IV 4 stars to Gold III 1 star, but then if you lose, you go from Gold III 1 star to Gold III 0 star. And then if you lose again, you go down to Gold IV 3 stars. But it doesn't change anything fundamentally, it's just kinda weird.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    The only weird thing is that when you win, you go from Gold IV 4 stars to Gold III 1 star, but then if you lose, you go from Gold III 1 star to Gold III 0 star. And then if you lose again, you go down to Gold IV 3 stars. But it doesn't change anything fundamentally, it's just kinda weird.
    Agreed, it's not consistent visually when moving up and down the ranks.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"

"Gain honor point by defeating those of the same rank or higher in the battle page" this seems to have been nerfed! Thank goodness, the "higher rank" requirement was capricious and problematic. In this morning's battles I received points after every battle. A significant but overdue improvement.

7. Default

Some of the glitching is gone, but in diamond/gladiator where I am the matching is worse than ever. Last night I tried the late one and didn't get a single match in 3 hours. The evening ones I get maybe 3/4 at best. Needs some serious changing as it's simply not worth the time or effort as it is.

8. Default

I'm in Diamond and I can always get a match within a few minutes. Yay!
    And if I'm really lucky, I can even use a token every few minutes. much less yay.
    Not entirely sure how all 12,000 of my HP are gone in the time I'm allowed to use one token but I'm sure the 'game is operating as intended'
    I can fully understand why so many people just join and walk away, I can't remember when I've been so frustrated with a game and for the first time, I'm considering dropping Castle Age and going back to console gaming.
    If it was restricted to that one area I would just ignore it and hope it went away, but when the entire game slows down every time Colosseum starts, all I can think is:
    'To heck with this stupid slow BS, I'll go do ANYTHING else as it more rewarding. Hell, cleaning my stove was more stimulating that dealing with the entire game slowdowns this one unpopular and broken part of the game is causing.'
    I really hope the devs are making money hand over fist with the Colosseum; otherwise, it is going to lose them money as it drives players from the (now stupidly slow) game. I'm not bothering with the current promotion, as it's rough enough getting through the regular daily stuff without having refills or trying to do anything extra.

9. Default

I'm in Diamond and I can always get a match within a few minutes....
    Sorry, my mistake, I'm actually IV Platinum, at the moment, not Diamond.

10. Default

So, the matches that I've worked at have been loses, but the couple I entered and walked away from ended up winning.....
    I guess I can see which is easier, gets wins, and doesn't require me to click 150 times to get through 10 tokens.
    I'll be one of the "Colosseum zombies" that everyone 'loves' since that seems to be the best way of dealing with this clunky piece of crap they dumped on us rather than doing anything the player base ACTUALLY wants..... like IMPROVED PERFORMANCE ACROSS THE WHOLE GAME
    So of course they add in something that REDUCES performance across the whole game
    *headshake *headesk *headsplode