Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Promotion Orb - New item

Cool Promotion Orb - New item

So now when you click to promote a general it looks like this:

"Promotion Orb x0"

"You do not have enough of this hero or Promotion Orb"

Looks like we'll soon be able to use Promotion Orbs instead of hero copies to promote a hero.

Will we need as many Orbs as we would have needed hero copies for each promotion level?

Depending on the rarity of the item, soon chest generals may become viable?
    And all heroes even the basic ones and the ones obtained from alchemy, guild shop etc. will become eligible for promotion?

This item may be a game changer.

My guess is that it will first be obtainable through Arena XII.

Edit:
    iOS v. 1.610 from today (Nov 30, 2018) announces the item (Castle Age HD on the App Store):

"Promotion Orb: New material is used for general promotion."

Edit 2:
    Added info on the wiki: https://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Heroes#Promotion_Orb
    Last edited by gogoo; 12-02-2018 at 07:03 PM.

think you are correct. and think it will only be for heavy spenders/heavy cheaters as always ;-)
    but anyway a nice ideer,if one get to promot otherwise hard to promot generals(aka epic chest generals).
    but man it is going to piss-off those that have spend heavy on lets say getting many copys of Mal.
    Last edited by hansa; 11-29-2018 at 02:33 PM.

Lets add some visual help to this. For those who might mistake this pick with the one for Essence of the Lion (Typhonus' alchemy), notice this has dark grey / black background:

Edit: for a moment, I did expect it to be one Orb for each promotion, color-coded depending on the amount of stars you were reaching, but it is always red, no matter the stars of your general, so either you need more than one as pointed previously or this is like Unbinding Stone (one consumed, without difference between saving a common or a legendary)
    Last edited by Barathor; 11-29-2018 at 06:56 PM.

It could be used only to promote generals, at a certain number of stars and above.

For example, above 8 stars, one would need a promotion orb to get the general to 9 stars.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

do not think that is the case,not many left in this game that will spend that amount on generals AND then also will need something extra to go to the 9 star(from 7* to 8* is at the moment 21 copys).
    i do think it is a way off promoting othervise hard to get generals(epic chest/event generals/deianira).
    and it is a good ideer, but as stat in other post. is going to make some mad if works on chest generals
    Last edited by hansa; 11-30-2018 at 12:37 AM.

There was once Powders of Heroism in an old dev's keep. No one ever knew what they did. I've long lobbied for Potions of Heroism to be brought in and have them simply increase the copy of a general by +1. And to have them as top prizes on events and to replaced Monkey King in the 650 FP Promo Pack (much better to basically get an extra copy of whoever you want). I'm hoping the Promotion Orb is something similar to this. Chest generals have been left in the dust and this would be a good way to get them back up to snuff.

And on a side note, can we ditch that lame name? How about instead of Promotion Orb, we call it Orb of Ascension.

Promotion orb available in the new Monkey King promo pack. But my word, it's bound to be expensive at 900 FP purchase.

Of course, this could elevate your average 5 / 6 / 7 general to the next level, and can bypass oracle restrictions, or the wait to get the general in mystic, so maybe worth it to some people.
    Last edited by starbearer; 12-01-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by starbearer View Post
    Promotion orb available in the new Monkey King promo pack. But my word, it's bound to be expensive at 900 FP purchase.

Of course, this could elevate your average 5 / 6 / 7 general to the next level, and can bypass oracle restrictions, or the wait to get the general in mystic, so maybe worth it to some people.
    Yeah 135$ is a bit much for me for 1 general copy O.o

I guess it can still be less expensive than trying to get another copy of an Epic chest general though... Haven't done the math.
    Also could be less expensive than refreshing to get Barbarus, Dolomar or Katherine through the Mystic Emporium, but for every other hero, probably not.
    Also probably worth it for some Events/Arena generals like Layla or Hera.

I don't know if any of the "basic" generals (from the quest lands) or any alchemy generals could be useful if promoted? Now that it's possible.

Anyway, hopefully we'll get less expensive ways to obtain this Orb in the future. I guess we'll probably see it in Meteorite and other events. And hopefully not for the top 1 only...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Thread on how the Orb works:
    Promotion Orb takes place of One Copy based on limited tests

Nothing surprising. 1 Orb just replaces 1 general copy.

have one and it basically a "joker" for any 1 general copy you need to promot any and all general

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Yeah 135$ is a bit much for me for 1 general copy O.o

I don't know if any of the "basic" generals (from the quest lands) or any alchemy generals could be useful if promoted? Now that it's possible.

Anyway, hopefully we'll get less expensive ways to obtain this Orb in the future. I guess we'll probably see it in Meteorite and other events. And hopefully not for the top 1 only...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Thread on how the Orb works:
    Promotion Orb takes place of One Copy based on limited tests

Nothing surprising. 1 Orb just replaces 1 general copy.

Promote general Strider to get more gold from his ability b/c gold is never enough in this game.

***FYI: In case any new player is reading the above comment ^^^, that was a sarcasm. Please do NOT use the promo orb on Strider. lol
    Last edited by Dokkōdō; 12-01-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.