Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Promotion Orb - New item

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Yeah 135$ is a bit much for me for 1 general copy O.o

I guess it can still be less expensive than trying to get another copy of an Epic chest general though... Haven't done the math.
    Also could be less expensive than refreshing to get Barbarus, Dolomar or Katherine through the Mystic Emporium, but for every other hero, probably not.
    Also probably worth it for some Events/Arena generals like Layla or Hera.

I don't know if any of the "basic" generals (from the quest lands) or any alchemy generals could be useful if promoted? Now that it's possible.

Anyway, hopefully we'll get less expensive ways to obtain this Orb in the future. I guess we'll probably see it in Meteorite and other events. And hopefully not for the top 1 only...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Thread on how the Orb works:
    Promotion Orb takes place of One Copy based on limited tests

Nothing surprising. 1 Orb just replaces 1 general copy.
    I will address two concepts: Cost & Value

1) What does the promotion orb cost?
    - if your only purpose is to get the promo orb, then it’s the price to get 900 FP purchase toward the limited MK promo pack that expires real soon (I really did not like the way Gaea did this).
    - if you are like me who had planned to get the MK promo pack, then the cost of the promo orb is the marginal 250 FP purchase to get from 650 to 900. I am an iOS player so I don’t know how it works for FB players. iOS players get 10% bonus that gets counted toward the FP purchase hurdles (plus some of us get iTunes cards at a discount).

I was going to spend $90 for the Destroyer Pack so I had to spend at least $30 more for the extra 250 so in my case, the promo orb cost me at least $30 more.

2) What is the orb worth or what is it’s value.
    - let’s assume the orb is worth a copy so long as you have the general.
    - epic generals & legendary generals are very hard to get so is another copy worth the extra 250 FP or 900 FP?

In my case, getting MK to 5* now would save me $100 on the next MK promo pack.

So rather give individual or case specific answers, I will give the general answer: The promo orb’s value depends on the marginal unit.
    - a Oracle General Cost 30 FP each, but the 13th copy gets that general from 6* to a 7* so you need to ask yourself does it make sense to save time and use orb for 13th copy. Here, the benefit is saving time waiting to get another copy from Mystic Emporium.
    - To complete the general next promotion level and reap the benefits starting today, e.g. getting MK to 5* has huge benefits
    - I need 3 promo orb to get Jera to 4* so the I have to think about the next three promo orbs since the next promo orb can’t promote Jera.

It’s always the marginal unit (or marginal cost).

Seems consistent with the need to squeeze more money out of less players to keep the game going.
    A sector of the player base spends a lot more than $135 per month, but some players that don't, will increase their expenditure to get hold of the Orb.

Works for me. I'd like the game to keep going. $135/month is outside my budget though.

3. Default

i would love to have an ORB to promote my Layla, but at the cost it is not worth it. right now 20 dollars every few months is almost to much for me on a limited budget. it will probably be a year before i get a chance to get an ORB. its getting harder to get enhance crystals and refine crystals without spending FP or having a special event. i dont forum much but been playing CA for as long as i remember, somewhere around 2010 and seen a lot of changes since then.

4. Default

No new seasons, no new monsters (for new gear). At what point does one ponder the only new content is generals and they have increasingly less value?
    Even the new battle feature is for a general.
    Arena I am guessing a general or something for a general.
    General Age!

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    I will address two concepts: Cost & Value

1) What does the promotion orb cost?
    - if your only purpose is to get the promo orb, then it’s the price to get 900 FP purchase toward the limited MK promo pack that expires real soon (I really did not like the way Gaea did this).
    - if you are like me who had planned to get the MK promo pack, then the cost of the promo orb is the marginal 250 FP purchase to get from 650 to 900. I am an iOS player so I don’t know how it works for FB players. iOS players get 10% bonus that gets counted toward the FP purchase hurdles (plus some of us get iTunes cards at a discount).

I was going to spend $90 for the Destroyer Pack so I had to spend at least $30 more for the extra 250 so in my case, the promo orb cost me at least $30 more.

2) What is the orb worth or what is it’s value.
    - let’s assume the orb is worth a copy so long as you have the general.
    - epic generals & legendary generals are very hard to get so is another copy worth the extra 250 FP or 900 FP?

In my case, getting MK to 5* now would save me $100 on the next MK promo pack.

So rather give individual or case specific answers, I will give the general answer: The promo orb’s value depends on the marginal unit.
    - a Oracle General Cost 30 FP each, but the 13th copy gets that general from 6* to a 7* so you need to ask yourself does it make sense to save time and use orb for 13th copy. Here, the benefit is saving time waiting to get another copy from Mystic Emporium.
    - To complete the general next promotion level and reap the benefits starting today, e.g. getting MK to 5* has huge benefits
    - I need 3 promo orb to get Jera to 4* so the I have to think about the next three promo orbs since the next promo orb can’t promote Jera.

It’s always the marginal unit (or marginal cost).
    I completely agree with you, and whether the marginal unit is "worth it" depends a lot on your spending habits.

For me, at the current cost it will never be worth it. I almost never buy FP. Even if I got the Orb, I would have no general for which it would be a worthy investment.

I was hoping the promotion orb was not an exclusive cash thing.

It would have been better if it was some alchemy from monster loot.

7. Default

First offer seems to be straight on the FP promos- The multi-purchase bonus claims must be still there and should not be forgotten along with the Package offers.

8. Default

Personal opinion, a promotion orb should cost about 60 FP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandigerbolls View Post
    Personal opinion, a promotion orb should cost about 60 FP.
    TBH that would be extremely cheap. Because then why bother doing events? Why bother rolling chests? You'll only need 1 copy of a general, and then you just focus on Orbs.
    That would mean big spenders would spend a lot less in most events and on chests.

Ofc I'm not against this price :P Just saying why it will probably never happen.
    But there will most likely be other ways than promo packs to obtain them in the future.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Ofc I'm not against this price :P Just saying why it will probably never happen.
    I don't think it will happen, either. There are a lot of overpriced items in CA. I use 1 general = 30 FP to determine if an item is a bargain or overpriced.

In economics, there is a price point below the maximum someone is willing to pay, where the seller can make the biggest profit by selling to more people. The CA crew doesn't appear to understand that.